What is the purpose of “account-plugin-facebook” package?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
3
down vote

favorite












I am using a PC that runs on Ubuntu 16.04. While I was browsing the packages that have been installed, I found this one "account-plugin-facebook" (in addition to many other similar packages like account-plugin-flikr, account-plugin-google...) although I didn't install anyone of them.

My question is: What are these packages for? and can I remove them without any harming my PC?

Thank you.







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    3
    down vote

    favorite












    I am using a PC that runs on Ubuntu 16.04. While I was browsing the packages that have been installed, I found this one "account-plugin-facebook" (in addition to many other similar packages like account-plugin-flikr, account-plugin-google...) although I didn't install anyone of them.

    My question is: What are these packages for? and can I remove them without any harming my PC?

    Thank you.







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      3
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      3
      down vote

      favorite











      I am using a PC that runs on Ubuntu 16.04. While I was browsing the packages that have been installed, I found this one "account-plugin-facebook" (in addition to many other similar packages like account-plugin-flikr, account-plugin-google...) although I didn't install anyone of them.

      My question is: What are these packages for? and can I remove them without any harming my PC?

      Thank you.







      share|improve this question












      I am using a PC that runs on Ubuntu 16.04. While I was browsing the packages that have been installed, I found this one "account-plugin-facebook" (in addition to many other similar packages like account-plugin-flikr, account-plugin-google...) although I didn't install anyone of them.

      My question is: What are these packages for? and can I remove them without any harming my PC?

      Thank you.









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Apr 26 at 9:57









      singrium

      616113




      616113




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          3
          down vote



          accepted










          This is a GNOME Control Center account plugin for single signon - facebook.



          Which means it is used if you want to login to your facebook account via gnome. I cannot tell you if it can be uninstalled without problems as I use KDE and do not have such a package, but if you try uninstalling it and it does not try to remove a ton of other packages, you should be safe.






          share|improve this answer




















          • Short and clear, thank you.
            – singrium
            Apr 26 at 10:41










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028348%2fwhat-is-the-purpose-of-account-plugin-facebook-package%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          3
          down vote



          accepted










          This is a GNOME Control Center account plugin for single signon - facebook.



          Which means it is used if you want to login to your facebook account via gnome. I cannot tell you if it can be uninstalled without problems as I use KDE and do not have such a package, but if you try uninstalling it and it does not try to remove a ton of other packages, you should be safe.






          share|improve this answer




















          • Short and clear, thank you.
            – singrium
            Apr 26 at 10:41














          up vote
          3
          down vote



          accepted










          This is a GNOME Control Center account plugin for single signon - facebook.



          Which means it is used if you want to login to your facebook account via gnome. I cannot tell you if it can be uninstalled without problems as I use KDE and do not have such a package, but if you try uninstalling it and it does not try to remove a ton of other packages, you should be safe.






          share|improve this answer




















          • Short and clear, thank you.
            – singrium
            Apr 26 at 10:41












          up vote
          3
          down vote



          accepted







          up vote
          3
          down vote



          accepted






          This is a GNOME Control Center account plugin for single signon - facebook.



          Which means it is used if you want to login to your facebook account via gnome. I cannot tell you if it can be uninstalled without problems as I use KDE and do not have such a package, but if you try uninstalling it and it does not try to remove a ton of other packages, you should be safe.






          share|improve this answer












          This is a GNOME Control Center account plugin for single signon - facebook.



          Which means it is used if you want to login to your facebook account via gnome. I cannot tell you if it can be uninstalled without problems as I use KDE and do not have such a package, but if you try uninstalling it and it does not try to remove a ton of other packages, you should be safe.







          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered Apr 26 at 10:20









          Bruni

          4,68932250




          4,68932250











          • Short and clear, thank you.
            – singrium
            Apr 26 at 10:41
















          • Short and clear, thank you.
            – singrium
            Apr 26 at 10:41















          Short and clear, thank you.
          – singrium
          Apr 26 at 10:41




          Short and clear, thank you.
          – singrium
          Apr 26 at 10:41

















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028348%2fwhat-is-the-purpose-of-account-plugin-facebook-package%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error