Issue with local Ubuntu mirror

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I have a local Ubuntu mirror set up but I seem to be missing the "installer-amd64" directory and all its files. I need to be able to mirror the netboot installer files to my local mirror. Here is a snippet from my mirror.list.



deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial main main/debian-installer restricted universe multiverse
deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security main restricted universe multiverse
deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates main restricted universe multiverse
deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-proposed main restricted universe multiverse
deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports main restricted universe multiverse


It seems like the installer files may be treated differently than the package files. I tried the following line as well in my mirror.list but had no luck.



deb-installer-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise netboot cdrom


Any help would be appreciated.



Thank You



Update - I added the following to my postmirror.sh script as a work around:



rsync --recursive --times --links --hard-links --delete --delete-after rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-amd64/ /var/www/apt/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-amd64/
rsync --recursive --times --links --hard-links --delete --delete-after rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-i386/ /var/www/apt/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-i386/






share|improve this question


























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I have a local Ubuntu mirror set up but I seem to be missing the "installer-amd64" directory and all its files. I need to be able to mirror the netboot installer files to my local mirror. Here is a snippet from my mirror.list.



    deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial main main/debian-installer restricted universe multiverse
    deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security main restricted universe multiverse
    deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates main restricted universe multiverse
    deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-proposed main restricted universe multiverse
    deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports main restricted universe multiverse


    It seems like the installer files may be treated differently than the package files. I tried the following line as well in my mirror.list but had no luck.



    deb-installer-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise netboot cdrom


    Any help would be appreciated.



    Thank You



    Update - I added the following to my postmirror.sh script as a work around:



    rsync --recursive --times --links --hard-links --delete --delete-after rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-amd64/ /var/www/apt/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-amd64/
    rsync --recursive --times --links --hard-links --delete --delete-after rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-i386/ /var/www/apt/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-i386/






    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I have a local Ubuntu mirror set up but I seem to be missing the "installer-amd64" directory and all its files. I need to be able to mirror the netboot installer files to my local mirror. Here is a snippet from my mirror.list.



      deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial main main/debian-installer restricted universe multiverse
      deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security main restricted universe multiverse
      deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates main restricted universe multiverse
      deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-proposed main restricted universe multiverse
      deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports main restricted universe multiverse


      It seems like the installer files may be treated differently than the package files. I tried the following line as well in my mirror.list but had no luck.



      deb-installer-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise netboot cdrom


      Any help would be appreciated.



      Thank You



      Update - I added the following to my postmirror.sh script as a work around:



      rsync --recursive --times --links --hard-links --delete --delete-after rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-amd64/ /var/www/apt/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-amd64/
      rsync --recursive --times --links --hard-links --delete --delete-after rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-i386/ /var/www/apt/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-i386/






      share|improve this question














      I have a local Ubuntu mirror set up but I seem to be missing the "installer-amd64" directory and all its files. I need to be able to mirror the netboot installer files to my local mirror. Here is a snippet from my mirror.list.



      deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial main main/debian-installer restricted universe multiverse
      deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security main restricted universe multiverse
      deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates main restricted universe multiverse
      deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-proposed main restricted universe multiverse
      deb-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports main restricted universe multiverse


      It seems like the installer files may be treated differently than the package files. I tried the following line as well in my mirror.list but had no luck.



      deb-installer-amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise netboot cdrom


      Any help would be appreciated.



      Thank You



      Update - I added the following to my postmirror.sh script as a work around:



      rsync --recursive --times --links --hard-links --delete --delete-after rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-amd64/ /var/www/apt/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-amd64/
      rsync --recursive --times --links --hard-links --delete --delete-after rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-i386/ /var/www/apt/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/installer-i386/








      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Apr 27 at 14:59

























      asked Apr 26 at 20:00









      Throw_a_leg

      63




      63

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028525%2fissue-with-local-ubuntu-mirror%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028525%2fissue-with-local-ubuntu-mirror%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error