unpacking video par files where first file is for example .avi

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
2
down vote

favorite












Many video files are available via usenet for download as multi-part collections where the first file is often an avi.001 or mp4.001 file with other files numbered in sequence and also par repair files.



This method of file-splitting using QuickPar is usually (in my limited experience) used for individual tv episodes for upload just after broadcast.



In Windows QuickPar will treat the collection as a repair and the numbered files will be joined into the complete video file.



PyPar2 doesn't appear to deal with these. Is there any other gui available that does?



I have just used WINE to successfully install QuickPar in Ubuntu to make the repair and join. This gets me past the problem for now but only because I have reverted one pc to Ubuntu 16.4 to be able to install WINE. The newer releases won't let me run 'must have' softwares like WINE, a working get_iplayer, dukto, inaudible, avidemux etc and when 18.4 arrives 16.4 will have to go. I see now 18.4 arrived a few hours ago...







share|improve this question






















  • Your usenet client will not join them for you?
    – andrew.46
    Apr 27 at 4:00










  • I use PAN for usenet client in Ubuntu and it does not appear to offer join or repair. Thank you for your response.
    – rich1842
    Apr 27 at 15:18










  • Hmmm... unfortunately I use only text newsgroups with slrn, but the Pan docs seems to indicate some degree of re-assembling: pan.rebelbase.com/manual/html/…
    – andrew.46
    Apr 27 at 23:07










  • Actually I think I have already answered my own question: QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think only QuickPar
    – rich1842
    Apr 28 at 2:05










  • Actually I think I have already answered my own question - QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think now only QuickPar can rejoin the parts so I can't go any further with this. Thanks for looking at this.
    – rich1842
    Apr 28 at 2:23















up vote
2
down vote

favorite












Many video files are available via usenet for download as multi-part collections where the first file is often an avi.001 or mp4.001 file with other files numbered in sequence and also par repair files.



This method of file-splitting using QuickPar is usually (in my limited experience) used for individual tv episodes for upload just after broadcast.



In Windows QuickPar will treat the collection as a repair and the numbered files will be joined into the complete video file.



PyPar2 doesn't appear to deal with these. Is there any other gui available that does?



I have just used WINE to successfully install QuickPar in Ubuntu to make the repair and join. This gets me past the problem for now but only because I have reverted one pc to Ubuntu 16.4 to be able to install WINE. The newer releases won't let me run 'must have' softwares like WINE, a working get_iplayer, dukto, inaudible, avidemux etc and when 18.4 arrives 16.4 will have to go. I see now 18.4 arrived a few hours ago...







share|improve this question






















  • Your usenet client will not join them for you?
    – andrew.46
    Apr 27 at 4:00










  • I use PAN for usenet client in Ubuntu and it does not appear to offer join or repair. Thank you for your response.
    – rich1842
    Apr 27 at 15:18










  • Hmmm... unfortunately I use only text newsgroups with slrn, but the Pan docs seems to indicate some degree of re-assembling: pan.rebelbase.com/manual/html/…
    – andrew.46
    Apr 27 at 23:07










  • Actually I think I have already answered my own question: QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think only QuickPar
    – rich1842
    Apr 28 at 2:05










  • Actually I think I have already answered my own question - QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think now only QuickPar can rejoin the parts so I can't go any further with this. Thanks for looking at this.
    – rich1842
    Apr 28 at 2:23













up vote
2
down vote

favorite









up vote
2
down vote

favorite











Many video files are available via usenet for download as multi-part collections where the first file is often an avi.001 or mp4.001 file with other files numbered in sequence and also par repair files.



This method of file-splitting using QuickPar is usually (in my limited experience) used for individual tv episodes for upload just after broadcast.



In Windows QuickPar will treat the collection as a repair and the numbered files will be joined into the complete video file.



PyPar2 doesn't appear to deal with these. Is there any other gui available that does?



I have just used WINE to successfully install QuickPar in Ubuntu to make the repair and join. This gets me past the problem for now but only because I have reverted one pc to Ubuntu 16.4 to be able to install WINE. The newer releases won't let me run 'must have' softwares like WINE, a working get_iplayer, dukto, inaudible, avidemux etc and when 18.4 arrives 16.4 will have to go. I see now 18.4 arrived a few hours ago...







share|improve this question














Many video files are available via usenet for download as multi-part collections where the first file is often an avi.001 or mp4.001 file with other files numbered in sequence and also par repair files.



This method of file-splitting using QuickPar is usually (in my limited experience) used for individual tv episodes for upload just after broadcast.



In Windows QuickPar will treat the collection as a repair and the numbered files will be joined into the complete video file.



PyPar2 doesn't appear to deal with these. Is there any other gui available that does?



I have just used WINE to successfully install QuickPar in Ubuntu to make the repair and join. This gets me past the problem for now but only because I have reverted one pc to Ubuntu 16.4 to be able to install WINE. The newer releases won't let me run 'must have' softwares like WINE, a working get_iplayer, dukto, inaudible, avidemux etc and when 18.4 arrives 16.4 will have to go. I see now 18.4 arrived a few hours ago...









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 27 at 17:02

























asked Apr 26 at 22:46









rich1842

112




112











  • Your usenet client will not join them for you?
    – andrew.46
    Apr 27 at 4:00










  • I use PAN for usenet client in Ubuntu and it does not appear to offer join or repair. Thank you for your response.
    – rich1842
    Apr 27 at 15:18










  • Hmmm... unfortunately I use only text newsgroups with slrn, but the Pan docs seems to indicate some degree of re-assembling: pan.rebelbase.com/manual/html/…
    – andrew.46
    Apr 27 at 23:07










  • Actually I think I have already answered my own question: QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think only QuickPar
    – rich1842
    Apr 28 at 2:05










  • Actually I think I have already answered my own question - QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think now only QuickPar can rejoin the parts so I can't go any further with this. Thanks for looking at this.
    – rich1842
    Apr 28 at 2:23

















  • Your usenet client will not join them for you?
    – andrew.46
    Apr 27 at 4:00










  • I use PAN for usenet client in Ubuntu and it does not appear to offer join or repair. Thank you for your response.
    – rich1842
    Apr 27 at 15:18










  • Hmmm... unfortunately I use only text newsgroups with slrn, but the Pan docs seems to indicate some degree of re-assembling: pan.rebelbase.com/manual/html/…
    – andrew.46
    Apr 27 at 23:07










  • Actually I think I have already answered my own question: QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think only QuickPar
    – rich1842
    Apr 28 at 2:05










  • Actually I think I have already answered my own question - QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think now only QuickPar can rejoin the parts so I can't go any further with this. Thanks for looking at this.
    – rich1842
    Apr 28 at 2:23
















Your usenet client will not join them for you?
– andrew.46
Apr 27 at 4:00




Your usenet client will not join them for you?
– andrew.46
Apr 27 at 4:00












I use PAN for usenet client in Ubuntu and it does not appear to offer join or repair. Thank you for your response.
– rich1842
Apr 27 at 15:18




I use PAN for usenet client in Ubuntu and it does not appear to offer join or repair. Thank you for your response.
– rich1842
Apr 27 at 15:18












Hmmm... unfortunately I use only text newsgroups with slrn, but the Pan docs seems to indicate some degree of re-assembling: pan.rebelbase.com/manual/html/…
– andrew.46
Apr 27 at 23:07




Hmmm... unfortunately I use only text newsgroups with slrn, but the Pan docs seems to indicate some degree of re-assembling: pan.rebelbase.com/manual/html/…
– andrew.46
Apr 27 at 23:07












Actually I think I have already answered my own question: QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think only QuickPar
– rich1842
Apr 28 at 2:05




Actually I think I have already answered my own question: QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think only QuickPar
– rich1842
Apr 28 at 2:05












Actually I think I have already answered my own question - QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think now only QuickPar can rejoin the parts so I can't go any further with this. Thanks for looking at this.
– rich1842
Apr 28 at 2:23





Actually I think I have already answered my own question - QuickPar creates the split files and rejoins them with repairs if needed. I think now only QuickPar can rejoin the parts so I can't go any further with this. Thanks for looking at this.
– rich1842
Apr 28 at 2:23
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028559%2funpacking-video-par-files-where-first-file-is-for-example-avi%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028559%2funpacking-video-par-files-where-first-file-is-for-example-avi%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error