installing libva and intel-vaapi-driver

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I downloaded libva 2.1 and intel-vaapi-driver 2.1
I compiled and "make install" and the libs were installed in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/dri.



But when I run "vainfo", it shows the old version and not the new 2.1 version. What did I do wrong?







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I downloaded libva 2.1 and intel-vaapi-driver 2.1
    I compiled and "make install" and the libs were installed in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/dri.



    But when I run "vainfo", it shows the old version and not the new 2.1 version. What did I do wrong?







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I downloaded libva 2.1 and intel-vaapi-driver 2.1
      I compiled and "make install" and the libs were installed in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/dri.



      But when I run "vainfo", it shows the old version and not the new 2.1 version. What did I do wrong?







      share|improve this question












      I downloaded libva 2.1 and intel-vaapi-driver 2.1
      I compiled and "make install" and the libs were installed in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/dri.



      But when I run "vainfo", it shows the old version and not the new 2.1 version. What did I do wrong?









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Apr 26 at 19:38









      jms

      457515




      457515




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote













          I had to use ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu






          share|improve this answer




















          • You can accept your own answer as the solution.
            – mchid
            Aug 11 at 19:41










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028521%2finstalling-libva-and-intel-vaapi-driver%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          1
          down vote













          I had to use ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu






          share|improve this answer




















          • You can accept your own answer as the solution.
            – mchid
            Aug 11 at 19:41














          up vote
          1
          down vote













          I had to use ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu






          share|improve this answer




















          • You can accept your own answer as the solution.
            – mchid
            Aug 11 at 19:41












          up vote
          1
          down vote










          up vote
          1
          down vote









          I had to use ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu






          share|improve this answer












          I had to use ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu







          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered Apr 26 at 20:09









          jms

          457515




          457515











          • You can accept your own answer as the solution.
            – mchid
            Aug 11 at 19:41
















          • You can accept your own answer as the solution.
            – mchid
            Aug 11 at 19:41















          You can accept your own answer as the solution.
          – mchid
          Aug 11 at 19:41




          You can accept your own answer as the solution.
          – mchid
          Aug 11 at 19:41

















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028521%2finstalling-libva-and-intel-vaapi-driver%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error