Installing a Libreoffice extension for all users

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
3
down vote

favorite












I want to install a LibreOffice extension for all users on my computer.
(Ubuntu 16.04, LibreOffice 5.1)

I click on the extension, select "Install for all users" and "Install for current user". Installation works only for current user. It does not even ask for administrator's password.



I also tried to install with command



$ sudo unopkg add --shared <extension.oxt>


At first it asked to delete lock file ~/.config/libreoffice/4/.lock
After removing this file it said



ERROR: [context="user"] caught unexpected com.sun.star.ucb.InteractiveAugmentedIOException: an error occurred during file opening

unopkg failed.


Then I tried to install it as a root:



$ sudo -s
# lowriter


Opened an Extension Manager in LibreOffice and received an empty window with a Fatal Error.



Is there a way to install an extension for all users?







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    3
    down vote

    favorite












    I want to install a LibreOffice extension for all users on my computer.
    (Ubuntu 16.04, LibreOffice 5.1)

    I click on the extension, select "Install for all users" and "Install for current user". Installation works only for current user. It does not even ask for administrator's password.



    I also tried to install with command



    $ sudo unopkg add --shared <extension.oxt>


    At first it asked to delete lock file ~/.config/libreoffice/4/.lock
    After removing this file it said



    ERROR: [context="user"] caught unexpected com.sun.star.ucb.InteractiveAugmentedIOException: an error occurred during file opening

    unopkg failed.


    Then I tried to install it as a root:



    $ sudo -s
    # lowriter


    Opened an Extension Manager in LibreOffice and received an empty window with a Fatal Error.



    Is there a way to install an extension for all users?







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      3
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      3
      down vote

      favorite











      I want to install a LibreOffice extension for all users on my computer.
      (Ubuntu 16.04, LibreOffice 5.1)

      I click on the extension, select "Install for all users" and "Install for current user". Installation works only for current user. It does not even ask for administrator's password.



      I also tried to install with command



      $ sudo unopkg add --shared <extension.oxt>


      At first it asked to delete lock file ~/.config/libreoffice/4/.lock
      After removing this file it said



      ERROR: [context="user"] caught unexpected com.sun.star.ucb.InteractiveAugmentedIOException: an error occurred during file opening

      unopkg failed.


      Then I tried to install it as a root:



      $ sudo -s
      # lowriter


      Opened an Extension Manager in LibreOffice and received an empty window with a Fatal Error.



      Is there a way to install an extension for all users?







      share|improve this question












      I want to install a LibreOffice extension for all users on my computer.
      (Ubuntu 16.04, LibreOffice 5.1)

      I click on the extension, select "Install for all users" and "Install for current user". Installation works only for current user. It does not even ask for administrator's password.



      I also tried to install with command



      $ sudo unopkg add --shared <extension.oxt>


      At first it asked to delete lock file ~/.config/libreoffice/4/.lock
      After removing this file it said



      ERROR: [context="user"] caught unexpected com.sun.star.ucb.InteractiveAugmentedIOException: an error occurred during file opening

      unopkg failed.


      Then I tried to install it as a root:



      $ sudo -s
      # lowriter


      Opened an Extension Manager in LibreOffice and received an empty window with a Fatal Error.



      Is there a way to install an extension for all users?









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Apr 26 at 13:55









      user244413

      1411110




      1411110




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote



          accepted










          It seems that this problem is a known bug 100307.

          This bug has been reported almost two years ago. Nobody is working on it :(






          share|improve this answer




















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028421%2finstalling-a-libreoffice-extension-for-all-users%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            0
            down vote



            accepted










            It seems that this problem is a known bug 100307.

            This bug has been reported almost two years ago. Nobody is working on it :(






            share|improve this answer
























              up vote
              0
              down vote



              accepted










              It seems that this problem is a known bug 100307.

              This bug has been reported almost two years ago. Nobody is working on it :(






              share|improve this answer






















                up vote
                0
                down vote



                accepted







                up vote
                0
                down vote



                accepted






                It seems that this problem is a known bug 100307.

                This bug has been reported almost two years ago. Nobody is working on it :(






                share|improve this answer












                It seems that this problem is a known bug 100307.

                This bug has been reported almost two years ago. Nobody is working on it :(







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered May 2 at 8:37









                user244413

                1411110




                1411110



























                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded















































                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028421%2finstalling-a-libreoffice-extension-for-all-users%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error