How do I launch Kubuntu Desktop from SSH?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have an OVH's VPS server with Kubuntu installed + SSH access.



I would like to access Kubuntu desktob in the browser.



How can it be done ?



Regards







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I have an OVH's VPS server with Kubuntu installed + SSH access.



    I would like to access Kubuntu desktob in the browser.



    How can it be done ?



    Regards







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I have an OVH's VPS server with Kubuntu installed + SSH access.



      I would like to access Kubuntu desktob in the browser.



      How can it be done ?



      Regards







      share|improve this question














      I have an OVH's VPS server with Kubuntu installed + SSH access.



      I would like to access Kubuntu desktob in the browser.



      How can it be done ?



      Regards









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Apr 26 at 23:49









      ponsfrilus

      505213




      505213










      asked Apr 26 at 15:46









      Thibd

      1




      1




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          I don't understand why any Desktop Environment has been installed on the server, I think that mc is more then necessary, but if that was done, do this: connect to the server via SSH and when you are in terminal just type:



          startx



          If you want to connect to server via browser, you may want to install TeamViewer onto your server (I guess it's not a problem if DE have been already installed), and then use TeamViewer Management Console.



          note: TeamViewer is Windows-based program and it goes with wine inside.



          :-)






          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028461%2fhow-do-i-launch-kubuntu-desktop-from-ssh%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            0
            down vote













            I don't understand why any Desktop Environment has been installed on the server, I think that mc is more then necessary, but if that was done, do this: connect to the server via SSH and when you are in terminal just type:



            startx



            If you want to connect to server via browser, you may want to install TeamViewer onto your server (I guess it's not a problem if DE have been already installed), and then use TeamViewer Management Console.



            note: TeamViewer is Windows-based program and it goes with wine inside.



            :-)






            share|improve this answer


























              up vote
              0
              down vote













              I don't understand why any Desktop Environment has been installed on the server, I think that mc is more then necessary, but if that was done, do this: connect to the server via SSH and when you are in terminal just type:



              startx



              If you want to connect to server via browser, you may want to install TeamViewer onto your server (I guess it's not a problem if DE have been already installed), and then use TeamViewer Management Console.



              note: TeamViewer is Windows-based program and it goes with wine inside.



              :-)






              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                0
                down vote










                up vote
                0
                down vote









                I don't understand why any Desktop Environment has been installed on the server, I think that mc is more then necessary, but if that was done, do this: connect to the server via SSH and when you are in terminal just type:



                startx



                If you want to connect to server via browser, you may want to install TeamViewer onto your server (I guess it's not a problem if DE have been already installed), and then use TeamViewer Management Console.



                note: TeamViewer is Windows-based program and it goes with wine inside.



                :-)






                share|improve this answer














                I don't understand why any Desktop Environment has been installed on the server, I think that mc is more then necessary, but if that was done, do this: connect to the server via SSH and when you are in terminal just type:



                startx



                If you want to connect to server via browser, you may want to install TeamViewer onto your server (I guess it's not a problem if DE have been already installed), and then use TeamViewer Management Console.



                note: TeamViewer is Windows-based program and it goes with wine inside.



                :-)







                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited Apr 26 at 21:38

























                answered Apr 26 at 21:04









                Drakonoved

                7321415




                7321415



























                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded















































                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028461%2fhow-do-i-launch-kubuntu-desktop-from-ssh%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error