Ubuntu Server 17 can't suspend with systemctl

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I installed an Ubuntu Server 17 but it seems I can't put it in sleep/suspend mode. When I use systemctl suspend , HDD restarts several times, each time monitor blinks for a moment and multi-line message appears for a second and then original command line returns . the message is this:



dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x150 returns -38
PM: device 0000:04:00.0 failed to suspend async: error -38
PM: Some devices failed to suspend, or early wake event detected
[drm:uvd_v1_0_ib_test [radeon]] *ERROR* radeon: fenece wait timed out.
[drm:radeon_ib_ring_tests [radeon]] *ERROR* radeon: failed testing IB on ring 5 (-110).
pci_legacy_suspend(): hpsa_suspend+0x0/0x10 [hpsa] returns -38
dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x150 returns -38


By the way the HDD that restarts seems to be connected to a HP Array: P410







share|improve this question






















  • Ubuntu 17.04 crossed EOL in January. Please upgrade.
    – Melebius
    Apr 26 at 12:29






  • 1




    @Melebius I'm having a hard time understanding why ponsfrilus added the 17.04 tag to the question when there was no apparent reason to add it, so I have rollback-ed this question to the author's original unedited version.
    – karel
    Apr 26 at 13:09











  • of course i upgraded . this is what happens after the upgrade .
    – Muhammad Riazi
    Apr 26 at 20:56










  • I confirmed it , it is the problem with the p410 . by removing it i can suspend the system . but the hardware itself has no problem (or at least i don't think it has) because i worked with it in windows 7 and there was no problem there , so i think the problem must be something operating system-wise .
    – Muhammad Riazi
    Apr 27 at 15:20















up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I installed an Ubuntu Server 17 but it seems I can't put it in sleep/suspend mode. When I use systemctl suspend , HDD restarts several times, each time monitor blinks for a moment and multi-line message appears for a second and then original command line returns . the message is this:



dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x150 returns -38
PM: device 0000:04:00.0 failed to suspend async: error -38
PM: Some devices failed to suspend, or early wake event detected
[drm:uvd_v1_0_ib_test [radeon]] *ERROR* radeon: fenece wait timed out.
[drm:radeon_ib_ring_tests [radeon]] *ERROR* radeon: failed testing IB on ring 5 (-110).
pci_legacy_suspend(): hpsa_suspend+0x0/0x10 [hpsa] returns -38
dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x150 returns -38


By the way the HDD that restarts seems to be connected to a HP Array: P410







share|improve this question






















  • Ubuntu 17.04 crossed EOL in January. Please upgrade.
    – Melebius
    Apr 26 at 12:29






  • 1




    @Melebius I'm having a hard time understanding why ponsfrilus added the 17.04 tag to the question when there was no apparent reason to add it, so I have rollback-ed this question to the author's original unedited version.
    – karel
    Apr 26 at 13:09











  • of course i upgraded . this is what happens after the upgrade .
    – Muhammad Riazi
    Apr 26 at 20:56










  • I confirmed it , it is the problem with the p410 . by removing it i can suspend the system . but the hardware itself has no problem (or at least i don't think it has) because i worked with it in windows 7 and there was no problem there , so i think the problem must be something operating system-wise .
    – Muhammad Riazi
    Apr 27 at 15:20













up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I installed an Ubuntu Server 17 but it seems I can't put it in sleep/suspend mode. When I use systemctl suspend , HDD restarts several times, each time monitor blinks for a moment and multi-line message appears for a second and then original command line returns . the message is this:



dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x150 returns -38
PM: device 0000:04:00.0 failed to suspend async: error -38
PM: Some devices failed to suspend, or early wake event detected
[drm:uvd_v1_0_ib_test [radeon]] *ERROR* radeon: fenece wait timed out.
[drm:radeon_ib_ring_tests [radeon]] *ERROR* radeon: failed testing IB on ring 5 (-110).
pci_legacy_suspend(): hpsa_suspend+0x0/0x10 [hpsa] returns -38
dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x150 returns -38


By the way the HDD that restarts seems to be connected to a HP Array: P410







share|improve this question














I installed an Ubuntu Server 17 but it seems I can't put it in sleep/suspend mode. When I use systemctl suspend , HDD restarts several times, each time monitor blinks for a moment and multi-line message appears for a second and then original command line returns . the message is this:



dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x150 returns -38
PM: device 0000:04:00.0 failed to suspend async: error -38
PM: Some devices failed to suspend, or early wake event detected
[drm:uvd_v1_0_ib_test [radeon]] *ERROR* radeon: fenece wait timed out.
[drm:radeon_ib_ring_tests [radeon]] *ERROR* radeon: failed testing IB on ring 5 (-110).
pci_legacy_suspend(): hpsa_suspend+0x0/0x10 [hpsa] returns -38
dpm_run_callback(): pci_pm_suspend+0x0/0x150 returns -38


By the way the HDD that restarts seems to be connected to a HP Array: P410









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 27 at 10:46









Zanna

48k13119227




48k13119227










asked Apr 26 at 11:21









Muhammad Riazi

11




11











  • Ubuntu 17.04 crossed EOL in January. Please upgrade.
    – Melebius
    Apr 26 at 12:29






  • 1




    @Melebius I'm having a hard time understanding why ponsfrilus added the 17.04 tag to the question when there was no apparent reason to add it, so I have rollback-ed this question to the author's original unedited version.
    – karel
    Apr 26 at 13:09











  • of course i upgraded . this is what happens after the upgrade .
    – Muhammad Riazi
    Apr 26 at 20:56










  • I confirmed it , it is the problem with the p410 . by removing it i can suspend the system . but the hardware itself has no problem (or at least i don't think it has) because i worked with it in windows 7 and there was no problem there , so i think the problem must be something operating system-wise .
    – Muhammad Riazi
    Apr 27 at 15:20

















  • Ubuntu 17.04 crossed EOL in January. Please upgrade.
    – Melebius
    Apr 26 at 12:29






  • 1




    @Melebius I'm having a hard time understanding why ponsfrilus added the 17.04 tag to the question when there was no apparent reason to add it, so I have rollback-ed this question to the author's original unedited version.
    – karel
    Apr 26 at 13:09











  • of course i upgraded . this is what happens after the upgrade .
    – Muhammad Riazi
    Apr 26 at 20:56










  • I confirmed it , it is the problem with the p410 . by removing it i can suspend the system . but the hardware itself has no problem (or at least i don't think it has) because i worked with it in windows 7 and there was no problem there , so i think the problem must be something operating system-wise .
    – Muhammad Riazi
    Apr 27 at 15:20
















Ubuntu 17.04 crossed EOL in January. Please upgrade.
– Melebius
Apr 26 at 12:29




Ubuntu 17.04 crossed EOL in January. Please upgrade.
– Melebius
Apr 26 at 12:29




1




1




@Melebius I'm having a hard time understanding why ponsfrilus added the 17.04 tag to the question when there was no apparent reason to add it, so I have rollback-ed this question to the author's original unedited version.
– karel
Apr 26 at 13:09





@Melebius I'm having a hard time understanding why ponsfrilus added the 17.04 tag to the question when there was no apparent reason to add it, so I have rollback-ed this question to the author's original unedited version.
– karel
Apr 26 at 13:09













of course i upgraded . this is what happens after the upgrade .
– Muhammad Riazi
Apr 26 at 20:56




of course i upgraded . this is what happens after the upgrade .
– Muhammad Riazi
Apr 26 at 20:56












I confirmed it , it is the problem with the p410 . by removing it i can suspend the system . but the hardware itself has no problem (or at least i don't think it has) because i worked with it in windows 7 and there was no problem there , so i think the problem must be something operating system-wise .
– Muhammad Riazi
Apr 27 at 15:20





I confirmed it , it is the problem with the p410 . by removing it i can suspend the system . but the hardware itself has no problem (or at least i don't think it has) because i worked with it in windows 7 and there was no problem there , so i think the problem must be something operating system-wise .
– Muhammad Riazi
Apr 27 at 15:20
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028378%2fubuntu-server-17-cant-suspend-with-systemctl%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028378%2fubuntu-server-17-cant-suspend-with-systemctl%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error