Ubuntu network problems

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












So I'm new to using Ubuntu and since I installed it a few days ago it hasn't been detecting my wired ethernet connection. I've tried installing the most recent update packages and this didn't work. Then I looked at what driver was being used for my wired connection on Windows and I found that it was nforce network controller. After a little googling I found that there was a Linux version of this as well. So I downloaded this and tried to run it but trying to run it crashed Ubuntu completely. I tried this multiple times with the same result. I'm now out of options. What can I do?



Typing lspci | grep Ethernet in the terminal returns this:



00:07.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)






share|improve this question






















  • Can you please edit your question and add the output of lspci | grep Ethernet from a terminal window?
    – Terrance
    Apr 26 at 22:11










  • That’s been done
    – Apoc
    Apr 27 at 21:19














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












So I'm new to using Ubuntu and since I installed it a few days ago it hasn't been detecting my wired ethernet connection. I've tried installing the most recent update packages and this didn't work. Then I looked at what driver was being used for my wired connection on Windows and I found that it was nforce network controller. After a little googling I found that there was a Linux version of this as well. So I downloaded this and tried to run it but trying to run it crashed Ubuntu completely. I tried this multiple times with the same result. I'm now out of options. What can I do?



Typing lspci | grep Ethernet in the terminal returns this:



00:07.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)






share|improve this question






















  • Can you please edit your question and add the output of lspci | grep Ethernet from a terminal window?
    – Terrance
    Apr 26 at 22:11










  • That’s been done
    – Apoc
    Apr 27 at 21:19












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











So I'm new to using Ubuntu and since I installed it a few days ago it hasn't been detecting my wired ethernet connection. I've tried installing the most recent update packages and this didn't work. Then I looked at what driver was being used for my wired connection on Windows and I found that it was nforce network controller. After a little googling I found that there was a Linux version of this as well. So I downloaded this and tried to run it but trying to run it crashed Ubuntu completely. I tried this multiple times with the same result. I'm now out of options. What can I do?



Typing lspci | grep Ethernet in the terminal returns this:



00:07.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)






share|improve this question














So I'm new to using Ubuntu and since I installed it a few days ago it hasn't been detecting my wired ethernet connection. I've tried installing the most recent update packages and this didn't work. Then I looked at what driver was being used for my wired connection on Windows and I found that it was nforce network controller. After a little googling I found that there was a Linux version of this as well. So I downloaded this and tried to run it but trying to run it crashed Ubuntu completely. I tried this multiple times with the same result. I'm now out of options. What can I do?



Typing lspci | grep Ethernet in the terminal returns this:



00:07.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)








share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 13 at 20:52

























asked Apr 26 at 22:00









Apoc

11




11











  • Can you please edit your question and add the output of lspci | grep Ethernet from a terminal window?
    – Terrance
    Apr 26 at 22:11










  • That’s been done
    – Apoc
    Apr 27 at 21:19
















  • Can you please edit your question and add the output of lspci | grep Ethernet from a terminal window?
    – Terrance
    Apr 26 at 22:11










  • That’s been done
    – Apoc
    Apr 27 at 21:19















Can you please edit your question and add the output of lspci | grep Ethernet from a terminal window?
– Terrance
Apr 26 at 22:11




Can you please edit your question and add the output of lspci | grep Ethernet from a terminal window?
– Terrance
Apr 26 at 22:11












That’s been done
– Apoc
Apr 27 at 21:19




That’s been done
– Apoc
Apr 27 at 21:19















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028555%2fubuntu-network-problems%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028555%2fubuntu-network-problems%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error