Ubuntu very slow after deleting old kernel images and cleanup

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Yesterday the partition where I have my SO got full so I typed this command: dpkg --get-selections|grep 'linux-image*'|awk 'print $1'|egrep -v "linux-image-$(uname -r)|linux-image-generic" |while read n;do apt-get -y remove $n;done.
to delete old kernel images and did a clean up.
So today when I turned it on the system was running really slow like 1 frame per second and it didn’t automatically connect to the WiFi.
What can I do to fix it??
Thanks for your help guys!!







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    Yesterday the partition where I have my SO got full so I typed this command: dpkg --get-selections|grep 'linux-image*'|awk 'print $1'|egrep -v "linux-image-$(uname -r)|linux-image-generic" |while read n;do apt-get -y remove $n;done.
    to delete old kernel images and did a clean up.
    So today when I turned it on the system was running really slow like 1 frame per second and it didn’t automatically connect to the WiFi.
    What can I do to fix it??
    Thanks for your help guys!!







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      Yesterday the partition where I have my SO got full so I typed this command: dpkg --get-selections|grep 'linux-image*'|awk 'print $1'|egrep -v "linux-image-$(uname -r)|linux-image-generic" |while read n;do apt-get -y remove $n;done.
      to delete old kernel images and did a clean up.
      So today when I turned it on the system was running really slow like 1 frame per second and it didn’t automatically connect to the WiFi.
      What can I do to fix it??
      Thanks for your help guys!!







      share|improve this question














      Yesterday the partition where I have my SO got full so I typed this command: dpkg --get-selections|grep 'linux-image*'|awk 'print $1'|egrep -v "linux-image-$(uname -r)|linux-image-generic" |while read n;do apt-get -y remove $n;done.
      to delete old kernel images and did a clean up.
      So today when I turned it on the system was running really slow like 1 frame per second and it didn’t automatically connect to the WiFi.
      What can I do to fix it??
      Thanks for your help guys!!









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Apr 26 at 17:51









      WinEunuuchs2Unix

      35.6k759133




      35.6k759133










      asked Apr 26 at 17:38









      Pedro Sanchez

      1




      1




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          Run these commands and report back any errors found:



          sudo apt update
          sudo apt install -f


          If errors were reported as being fixed then reboot and see if speed improves.



          You might consider posting a comment under the answer you followed. Briefly summarize the problem and include a link back to your question here.






          share|improve this answer




















          • I get five errors, Err:1 http:... temporary fail to solve repository, Err:2 http:... and 5 more. Also I get more errors like: Fail to obtain repository. When doing sudo apt install -f I get: 0 updated, 0 new files will install 0 will be deleted and 9 are not updated. I think the problem is that I’m not connected to internet but I don’t know how to connect, it should do it automatically because the WiFi is saved but it doesn’t.
            – Pedro Sanchez
            Apr 27 at 22:54










          • Boot with a Live USB and see if WiFi works ok using it.
            – WinEunuuchs2Unix
            Apr 27 at 23:01










          • Yes it does work fine
            – Pedro Sanchez
            Apr 28 at 14:05










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028488%2fubuntu-very-slow-after-deleting-old-kernel-images-and-cleanup%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          0
          down vote













          Run these commands and report back any errors found:



          sudo apt update
          sudo apt install -f


          If errors were reported as being fixed then reboot and see if speed improves.



          You might consider posting a comment under the answer you followed. Briefly summarize the problem and include a link back to your question here.






          share|improve this answer




















          • I get five errors, Err:1 http:... temporary fail to solve repository, Err:2 http:... and 5 more. Also I get more errors like: Fail to obtain repository. When doing sudo apt install -f I get: 0 updated, 0 new files will install 0 will be deleted and 9 are not updated. I think the problem is that I’m not connected to internet but I don’t know how to connect, it should do it automatically because the WiFi is saved but it doesn’t.
            – Pedro Sanchez
            Apr 27 at 22:54










          • Boot with a Live USB and see if WiFi works ok using it.
            – WinEunuuchs2Unix
            Apr 27 at 23:01










          • Yes it does work fine
            – Pedro Sanchez
            Apr 28 at 14:05














          up vote
          0
          down vote













          Run these commands and report back any errors found:



          sudo apt update
          sudo apt install -f


          If errors were reported as being fixed then reboot and see if speed improves.



          You might consider posting a comment under the answer you followed. Briefly summarize the problem and include a link back to your question here.






          share|improve this answer




















          • I get five errors, Err:1 http:... temporary fail to solve repository, Err:2 http:... and 5 more. Also I get more errors like: Fail to obtain repository. When doing sudo apt install -f I get: 0 updated, 0 new files will install 0 will be deleted and 9 are not updated. I think the problem is that I’m not connected to internet but I don’t know how to connect, it should do it automatically because the WiFi is saved but it doesn’t.
            – Pedro Sanchez
            Apr 27 at 22:54










          • Boot with a Live USB and see if WiFi works ok using it.
            – WinEunuuchs2Unix
            Apr 27 at 23:01










          • Yes it does work fine
            – Pedro Sanchez
            Apr 28 at 14:05












          up vote
          0
          down vote










          up vote
          0
          down vote









          Run these commands and report back any errors found:



          sudo apt update
          sudo apt install -f


          If errors were reported as being fixed then reboot and see if speed improves.



          You might consider posting a comment under the answer you followed. Briefly summarize the problem and include a link back to your question here.






          share|improve this answer












          Run these commands and report back any errors found:



          sudo apt update
          sudo apt install -f


          If errors were reported as being fixed then reboot and see if speed improves.



          You might consider posting a comment under the answer you followed. Briefly summarize the problem and include a link back to your question here.







          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered Apr 26 at 17:47









          WinEunuuchs2Unix

          35.6k759133




          35.6k759133











          • I get five errors, Err:1 http:... temporary fail to solve repository, Err:2 http:... and 5 more. Also I get more errors like: Fail to obtain repository. When doing sudo apt install -f I get: 0 updated, 0 new files will install 0 will be deleted and 9 are not updated. I think the problem is that I’m not connected to internet but I don’t know how to connect, it should do it automatically because the WiFi is saved but it doesn’t.
            – Pedro Sanchez
            Apr 27 at 22:54










          • Boot with a Live USB and see if WiFi works ok using it.
            – WinEunuuchs2Unix
            Apr 27 at 23:01










          • Yes it does work fine
            – Pedro Sanchez
            Apr 28 at 14:05
















          • I get five errors, Err:1 http:... temporary fail to solve repository, Err:2 http:... and 5 more. Also I get more errors like: Fail to obtain repository. When doing sudo apt install -f I get: 0 updated, 0 new files will install 0 will be deleted and 9 are not updated. I think the problem is that I’m not connected to internet but I don’t know how to connect, it should do it automatically because the WiFi is saved but it doesn’t.
            – Pedro Sanchez
            Apr 27 at 22:54










          • Boot with a Live USB and see if WiFi works ok using it.
            – WinEunuuchs2Unix
            Apr 27 at 23:01










          • Yes it does work fine
            – Pedro Sanchez
            Apr 28 at 14:05















          I get five errors, Err:1 http:... temporary fail to solve repository, Err:2 http:... and 5 more. Also I get more errors like: Fail to obtain repository. When doing sudo apt install -f I get: 0 updated, 0 new files will install 0 will be deleted and 9 are not updated. I think the problem is that I’m not connected to internet but I don’t know how to connect, it should do it automatically because the WiFi is saved but it doesn’t.
          – Pedro Sanchez
          Apr 27 at 22:54




          I get five errors, Err:1 http:... temporary fail to solve repository, Err:2 http:... and 5 more. Also I get more errors like: Fail to obtain repository. When doing sudo apt install -f I get: 0 updated, 0 new files will install 0 will be deleted and 9 are not updated. I think the problem is that I’m not connected to internet but I don’t know how to connect, it should do it automatically because the WiFi is saved but it doesn’t.
          – Pedro Sanchez
          Apr 27 at 22:54












          Boot with a Live USB and see if WiFi works ok using it.
          – WinEunuuchs2Unix
          Apr 27 at 23:01




          Boot with a Live USB and see if WiFi works ok using it.
          – WinEunuuchs2Unix
          Apr 27 at 23:01












          Yes it does work fine
          – Pedro Sanchez
          Apr 28 at 14:05




          Yes it does work fine
          – Pedro Sanchez
          Apr 28 at 14:05

















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028488%2fubuntu-very-slow-after-deleting-old-kernel-images-and-cleanup%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error