Can't Update to 18.04 LTS from Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.4 LTS [duplicate]

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
7
down vote

favorite
4













This question already has an answer here:



  • Why is “No new release found” when upgrading from a LTS to the next?

    4 answers



I using Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.4, and I cannot update to 18.04 from Software Updater.



I get the message




The software on this computer is up to date.








share|improve this question














marked as duplicate by Eliah Kagan, muru, Zanna, N0rbert, karel Apr 27 at 9:57


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.














  • Can you add the error message?
    – Eranda Peiris
    Apr 27 at 3:50










  • Ubuntu by default doesn't upgrade 16.04.x to 18.04, but offers it when 18.04.1 is released (for maximum stability)
    – guiverc
    Apr 27 at 4:01











  • sudo do-release-upgrade Checking for a new Ubuntu release No new release found.
    – Auno Gohe
    Apr 27 at 4:12










  • It is always better to make new clean install instead of updating. note: save your files and settings from /home directory etc., and even better to have separate partition for /home directory for this case.
    – Drakonoved
    Apr 27 at 4:16











  • @guiverc, when is that expected to be ?
    – Muhammad Gelbana
    Apr 29 at 21:10














up vote
7
down vote

favorite
4













This question already has an answer here:



  • Why is “No new release found” when upgrading from a LTS to the next?

    4 answers



I using Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.4, and I cannot update to 18.04 from Software Updater.



I get the message




The software on this computer is up to date.








share|improve this question














marked as duplicate by Eliah Kagan, muru, Zanna, N0rbert, karel Apr 27 at 9:57


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.














  • Can you add the error message?
    – Eranda Peiris
    Apr 27 at 3:50










  • Ubuntu by default doesn't upgrade 16.04.x to 18.04, but offers it when 18.04.1 is released (for maximum stability)
    – guiverc
    Apr 27 at 4:01











  • sudo do-release-upgrade Checking for a new Ubuntu release No new release found.
    – Auno Gohe
    Apr 27 at 4:12










  • It is always better to make new clean install instead of updating. note: save your files and settings from /home directory etc., and even better to have separate partition for /home directory for this case.
    – Drakonoved
    Apr 27 at 4:16











  • @guiverc, when is that expected to be ?
    – Muhammad Gelbana
    Apr 29 at 21:10












up vote
7
down vote

favorite
4









up vote
7
down vote

favorite
4






4






This question already has an answer here:



  • Why is “No new release found” when upgrading from a LTS to the next?

    4 answers



I using Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.4, and I cannot update to 18.04 from Software Updater.



I get the message




The software on this computer is up to date.








share|improve this question















This question already has an answer here:



  • Why is “No new release found” when upgrading from a LTS to the next?

    4 answers



I using Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.4, and I cannot update to 18.04 from Software Updater.



I get the message




The software on this computer is up to date.






This question already has an answer here:



  • Why is “No new release found” when upgrading from a LTS to the next?

    4 answers









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 27 at 5:36









Zanna

48k13119227




48k13119227










asked Apr 27 at 3:47









Auno Gohe

4114




4114




marked as duplicate by Eliah Kagan, muru, Zanna, N0rbert, karel Apr 27 at 9:57


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






marked as duplicate by Eliah Kagan, muru, Zanna, N0rbert, karel Apr 27 at 9:57


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.













  • Can you add the error message?
    – Eranda Peiris
    Apr 27 at 3:50










  • Ubuntu by default doesn't upgrade 16.04.x to 18.04, but offers it when 18.04.1 is released (for maximum stability)
    – guiverc
    Apr 27 at 4:01











  • sudo do-release-upgrade Checking for a new Ubuntu release No new release found.
    – Auno Gohe
    Apr 27 at 4:12










  • It is always better to make new clean install instead of updating. note: save your files and settings from /home directory etc., and even better to have separate partition for /home directory for this case.
    – Drakonoved
    Apr 27 at 4:16











  • @guiverc, when is that expected to be ?
    – Muhammad Gelbana
    Apr 29 at 21:10
















  • Can you add the error message?
    – Eranda Peiris
    Apr 27 at 3:50










  • Ubuntu by default doesn't upgrade 16.04.x to 18.04, but offers it when 18.04.1 is released (for maximum stability)
    – guiverc
    Apr 27 at 4:01











  • sudo do-release-upgrade Checking for a new Ubuntu release No new release found.
    – Auno Gohe
    Apr 27 at 4:12










  • It is always better to make new clean install instead of updating. note: save your files and settings from /home directory etc., and even better to have separate partition for /home directory for this case.
    – Drakonoved
    Apr 27 at 4:16











  • @guiverc, when is that expected to be ?
    – Muhammad Gelbana
    Apr 29 at 21:10















Can you add the error message?
– Eranda Peiris
Apr 27 at 3:50




Can you add the error message?
– Eranda Peiris
Apr 27 at 3:50












Ubuntu by default doesn't upgrade 16.04.x to 18.04, but offers it when 18.04.1 is released (for maximum stability)
– guiverc
Apr 27 at 4:01





Ubuntu by default doesn't upgrade 16.04.x to 18.04, but offers it when 18.04.1 is released (for maximum stability)
– guiverc
Apr 27 at 4:01













sudo do-release-upgrade Checking for a new Ubuntu release No new release found.
– Auno Gohe
Apr 27 at 4:12




sudo do-release-upgrade Checking for a new Ubuntu release No new release found.
– Auno Gohe
Apr 27 at 4:12












It is always better to make new clean install instead of updating. note: save your files and settings from /home directory etc., and even better to have separate partition for /home directory for this case.
– Drakonoved
Apr 27 at 4:16





It is always better to make new clean install instead of updating. note: save your files and settings from /home directory etc., and even better to have separate partition for /home directory for this case.
– Drakonoved
Apr 27 at 4:16













@guiverc, when is that expected to be ?
– Muhammad Gelbana
Apr 29 at 21:10




@guiverc, when is that expected to be ?
– Muhammad Gelbana
Apr 29 at 21:10










2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
1
down vote



accepted










I was having the same problem. But then I run this command in terminal:




update-manager -cd




and I got this:



update notification



Run the above command and see if it solves your problem.






share|improve this answer
















  • 1




    -d is for development releases (alpha, beta...)
    – jasmines
    Apr 27 at 10:13










  • The release is already downloadable but I can't get upgrade yet !
    – Muhammad Gelbana
    Apr 29 at 21:10

















up vote
7
down vote













There is still no information about new release here: http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release
So it will not upgrade






share|improve this answer



























    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes








    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    1
    down vote



    accepted










    I was having the same problem. But then I run this command in terminal:




    update-manager -cd




    and I got this:



    update notification



    Run the above command and see if it solves your problem.






    share|improve this answer
















    • 1




      -d is for development releases (alpha, beta...)
      – jasmines
      Apr 27 at 10:13










    • The release is already downloadable but I can't get upgrade yet !
      – Muhammad Gelbana
      Apr 29 at 21:10














    up vote
    1
    down vote



    accepted










    I was having the same problem. But then I run this command in terminal:




    update-manager -cd




    and I got this:



    update notification



    Run the above command and see if it solves your problem.






    share|improve this answer
















    • 1




      -d is for development releases (alpha, beta...)
      – jasmines
      Apr 27 at 10:13










    • The release is already downloadable but I can't get upgrade yet !
      – Muhammad Gelbana
      Apr 29 at 21:10












    up vote
    1
    down vote



    accepted







    up vote
    1
    down vote



    accepted






    I was having the same problem. But then I run this command in terminal:




    update-manager -cd




    and I got this:



    update notification



    Run the above command and see if it solves your problem.






    share|improve this answer












    I was having the same problem. But then I run this command in terminal:




    update-manager -cd




    and I got this:



    update notification



    Run the above command and see if it solves your problem.







    share|improve this answer












    share|improve this answer



    share|improve this answer










    answered Apr 27 at 6:39









    Ryko

    395313




    395313







    • 1




      -d is for development releases (alpha, beta...)
      – jasmines
      Apr 27 at 10:13










    • The release is already downloadable but I can't get upgrade yet !
      – Muhammad Gelbana
      Apr 29 at 21:10












    • 1




      -d is for development releases (alpha, beta...)
      – jasmines
      Apr 27 at 10:13










    • The release is already downloadable but I can't get upgrade yet !
      – Muhammad Gelbana
      Apr 29 at 21:10







    1




    1




    -d is for development releases (alpha, beta...)
    – jasmines
    Apr 27 at 10:13




    -d is for development releases (alpha, beta...)
    – jasmines
    Apr 27 at 10:13












    The release is already downloadable but I can't get upgrade yet !
    – Muhammad Gelbana
    Apr 29 at 21:10




    The release is already downloadable but I can't get upgrade yet !
    – Muhammad Gelbana
    Apr 29 at 21:10












    up vote
    7
    down vote













    There is still no information about new release here: http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release
    So it will not upgrade






    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      7
      down vote













      There is still no information about new release here: http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release
      So it will not upgrade






      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        7
        down vote










        up vote
        7
        down vote









        There is still no information about new release here: http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release
        So it will not upgrade






        share|improve this answer












        There is still no information about new release here: http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release
        So it will not upgrade







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Apr 27 at 6:28









        user2757588

        711




        711












            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error