is there a way to stack images side by side with imagemagick?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
2
down vote

favorite












Im writing a little program, in C/C++, to convert gifs to a single image, where the frames are consecutive in a single image. Unfortunately, I am running out of free time, and I want to use the program sooner than I might be done with it. So I am wondering, is this functionality existent in imagemagick?



can I take a set of images, and convert them to one image? not like an animated gif, but like a series of frames within one image?







share|improve this question
















  • 1




    The relevant imagemagick tool would be montage I think
    – steeldriver
    Apr 26 at 18:12










  • I'll check it out, I just came across append, which stacks the images vertically.
    – j0h
    Apr 26 at 18:50










  • montage almost works, but after 12 images, it starts a new line. I need to keep all the frames on one line. how do I do that?
    – j0h
    Apr 26 at 20:06














up vote
2
down vote

favorite












Im writing a little program, in C/C++, to convert gifs to a single image, where the frames are consecutive in a single image. Unfortunately, I am running out of free time, and I want to use the program sooner than I might be done with it. So I am wondering, is this functionality existent in imagemagick?



can I take a set of images, and convert them to one image? not like an animated gif, but like a series of frames within one image?







share|improve this question
















  • 1




    The relevant imagemagick tool would be montage I think
    – steeldriver
    Apr 26 at 18:12










  • I'll check it out, I just came across append, which stacks the images vertically.
    – j0h
    Apr 26 at 18:50










  • montage almost works, but after 12 images, it starts a new line. I need to keep all the frames on one line. how do I do that?
    – j0h
    Apr 26 at 20:06












up vote
2
down vote

favorite









up vote
2
down vote

favorite











Im writing a little program, in C/C++, to convert gifs to a single image, where the frames are consecutive in a single image. Unfortunately, I am running out of free time, and I want to use the program sooner than I might be done with it. So I am wondering, is this functionality existent in imagemagick?



can I take a set of images, and convert them to one image? not like an animated gif, but like a series of frames within one image?







share|improve this question












Im writing a little program, in C/C++, to convert gifs to a single image, where the frames are consecutive in a single image. Unfortunately, I am running out of free time, and I want to use the program sooner than I might be done with it. So I am wondering, is this functionality existent in imagemagick?



can I take a set of images, and convert them to one image? not like an animated gif, but like a series of frames within one image?









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Apr 26 at 17:52









j0h

5,9761348105




5,9761348105







  • 1




    The relevant imagemagick tool would be montage I think
    – steeldriver
    Apr 26 at 18:12










  • I'll check it out, I just came across append, which stacks the images vertically.
    – j0h
    Apr 26 at 18:50










  • montage almost works, but after 12 images, it starts a new line. I need to keep all the frames on one line. how do I do that?
    – j0h
    Apr 26 at 20:06












  • 1




    The relevant imagemagick tool would be montage I think
    – steeldriver
    Apr 26 at 18:12










  • I'll check it out, I just came across append, which stacks the images vertically.
    – j0h
    Apr 26 at 18:50










  • montage almost works, but after 12 images, it starts a new line. I need to keep all the frames on one line. how do I do that?
    – j0h
    Apr 26 at 20:06







1




1




The relevant imagemagick tool would be montage I think
– steeldriver
Apr 26 at 18:12




The relevant imagemagick tool would be montage I think
– steeldriver
Apr 26 at 18:12












I'll check it out, I just came across append, which stacks the images vertically.
– j0h
Apr 26 at 18:50




I'll check it out, I just came across append, which stacks the images vertically.
– j0h
Apr 26 at 18:50












montage almost works, but after 12 images, it starts a new line. I need to keep all the frames on one line. how do I do that?
– j0h
Apr 26 at 20:06




montage almost works, but after 12 images, it starts a new line. I need to keep all the frames on one line. how do I do that?
– j0h
Apr 26 at 20:06










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote



accepted










ok i figured it out.
you can do this:
$convert a.gif a.png
this will give you a series of images a-1.png, a-2.png, a-n.png .... and so on.
then, you can do this:
convert +append a-*.png out.png



This will give you a horizontal sprite sheet instead of a vertical one, in out.png. A single line of code my be possible, I have like 0 extra time to figure it out though.






share|improve this answer




















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028493%2fis-there-a-way-to-stack-images-side-by-side-with-imagemagick%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    0
    down vote



    accepted










    ok i figured it out.
    you can do this:
    $convert a.gif a.png
    this will give you a series of images a-1.png, a-2.png, a-n.png .... and so on.
    then, you can do this:
    convert +append a-*.png out.png



    This will give you a horizontal sprite sheet instead of a vertical one, in out.png. A single line of code my be possible, I have like 0 extra time to figure it out though.






    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      0
      down vote



      accepted










      ok i figured it out.
      you can do this:
      $convert a.gif a.png
      this will give you a series of images a-1.png, a-2.png, a-n.png .... and so on.
      then, you can do this:
      convert +append a-*.png out.png



      This will give you a horizontal sprite sheet instead of a vertical one, in out.png. A single line of code my be possible, I have like 0 extra time to figure it out though.






      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        0
        down vote



        accepted







        up vote
        0
        down vote



        accepted






        ok i figured it out.
        you can do this:
        $convert a.gif a.png
        this will give you a series of images a-1.png, a-2.png, a-n.png .... and so on.
        then, you can do this:
        convert +append a-*.png out.png



        This will give you a horizontal sprite sheet instead of a vertical one, in out.png. A single line of code my be possible, I have like 0 extra time to figure it out though.






        share|improve this answer












        ok i figured it out.
        you can do this:
        $convert a.gif a.png
        this will give you a series of images a-1.png, a-2.png, a-n.png .... and so on.
        then, you can do this:
        convert +append a-*.png out.png



        This will give you a horizontal sprite sheet instead of a vertical one, in out.png. A single line of code my be possible, I have like 0 extra time to figure it out though.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Apr 26 at 20:44









        j0h

        5,9761348105




        5,9761348105



























             

            draft saved


            draft discarded















































             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028493%2fis-there-a-way-to-stack-images-side-by-side-with-imagemagick%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error