Help with some errors while trying to install Ubuntu 18.04

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
2
down vote

favorite












When I went to the terminal to have software updater give me the 18.04 message and typed sudo update-manager -cd. It responded with this message:



No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(update-manager:7855): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0


. I tried my second option which was sudo do-release-upgrade -d. Everything seemed fine until I realized it was for Ubuntu Server. Next I tried the previous command("update-manager -cd) and put it in alt f2 then software updater came up with not all updates can be installed. I checked my repositories and noticed they were all replaced with the bionic beaver ones. My questions are should I run a partial upgrade? Will I still get 18.04 if I do so? Is it okay to upgrade with bionic repositories? Is my system okay?







share|improve this question


















  • 1




    Your title is very misleading!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 12:45










  • How? They're errors!
    – agamer569
    Apr 26 at 12:47











  • Title says install and the body says upgrade?
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 13:04










  • oh. Nevermind. Anyways, do you have any idea how I can fix this?
    – agamer569
    Apr 26 at 13:12











  • Please complete your upgrade process!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 13:45














up vote
2
down vote

favorite












When I went to the terminal to have software updater give me the 18.04 message and typed sudo update-manager -cd. It responded with this message:



No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(update-manager:7855): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0


. I tried my second option which was sudo do-release-upgrade -d. Everything seemed fine until I realized it was for Ubuntu Server. Next I tried the previous command("update-manager -cd) and put it in alt f2 then software updater came up with not all updates can be installed. I checked my repositories and noticed they were all replaced with the bionic beaver ones. My questions are should I run a partial upgrade? Will I still get 18.04 if I do so? Is it okay to upgrade with bionic repositories? Is my system okay?







share|improve this question


















  • 1




    Your title is very misleading!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 12:45










  • How? They're errors!
    – agamer569
    Apr 26 at 12:47











  • Title says install and the body says upgrade?
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 13:04










  • oh. Nevermind. Anyways, do you have any idea how I can fix this?
    – agamer569
    Apr 26 at 13:12











  • Please complete your upgrade process!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 13:45












up vote
2
down vote

favorite









up vote
2
down vote

favorite











When I went to the terminal to have software updater give me the 18.04 message and typed sudo update-manager -cd. It responded with this message:



No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(update-manager:7855): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0


. I tried my second option which was sudo do-release-upgrade -d. Everything seemed fine until I realized it was for Ubuntu Server. Next I tried the previous command("update-manager -cd) and put it in alt f2 then software updater came up with not all updates can be installed. I checked my repositories and noticed they were all replaced with the bionic beaver ones. My questions are should I run a partial upgrade? Will I still get 18.04 if I do so? Is it okay to upgrade with bionic repositories? Is my system okay?







share|improve this question














When I went to the terminal to have software updater give me the 18.04 message and typed sudo update-manager -cd. It responded with this message:



No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(update-manager:7855): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0


. I tried my second option which was sudo do-release-upgrade -d. Everything seemed fine until I realized it was for Ubuntu Server. Next I tried the previous command("update-manager -cd) and put it in alt f2 then software updater came up with not all updates can be installed. I checked my repositories and noticed they were all replaced with the bionic beaver ones. My questions are should I run a partial upgrade? Will I still get 18.04 if I do so? Is it okay to upgrade with bionic repositories? Is my system okay?









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 26 at 12:25









George Udosen

16.9k93559




16.9k93559










asked Apr 26 at 12:11









agamer569

246




246







  • 1




    Your title is very misleading!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 12:45










  • How? They're errors!
    – agamer569
    Apr 26 at 12:47











  • Title says install and the body says upgrade?
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 13:04










  • oh. Nevermind. Anyways, do you have any idea how I can fix this?
    – agamer569
    Apr 26 at 13:12











  • Please complete your upgrade process!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 13:45












  • 1




    Your title is very misleading!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 12:45










  • How? They're errors!
    – agamer569
    Apr 26 at 12:47











  • Title says install and the body says upgrade?
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 13:04










  • oh. Nevermind. Anyways, do you have any idea how I can fix this?
    – agamer569
    Apr 26 at 13:12











  • Please complete your upgrade process!
    – George Udosen
    Apr 26 at 13:45







1




1




Your title is very misleading!
– George Udosen
Apr 26 at 12:45




Your title is very misleading!
– George Udosen
Apr 26 at 12:45












How? They're errors!
– agamer569
Apr 26 at 12:47





How? They're errors!
– agamer569
Apr 26 at 12:47













Title says install and the body says upgrade?
– George Udosen
Apr 26 at 13:04




Title says install and the body says upgrade?
– George Udosen
Apr 26 at 13:04












oh. Nevermind. Anyways, do you have any idea how I can fix this?
– agamer569
Apr 26 at 13:12





oh. Nevermind. Anyways, do you have any idea how I can fix this?
– agamer569
Apr 26 at 13:12













Please complete your upgrade process!
– George Udosen
Apr 26 at 13:45




Please complete your upgrade process!
– George Udosen
Apr 26 at 13:45















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028388%2fhelp-with-some-errors-while-trying-to-install-ubuntu-18-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028388%2fhelp-with-some-errors-while-trying-to-install-ubuntu-18-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error