How create an Ubuntu 16.04 mirror using rsync

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1












I need create a mirror only of Ubuntu 16.04 and with rsync because is over a CentOS server and can not use apt-mirror or debmirror. If I use rsync -a --bwlimit=128 rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu /media/mirror/ubuntu this command go to download all the ubuntu repository, I need only 16.04







share|improve this question




















  • Does this article help? I think you need to set switches to exclude certain files/types to achieve what you want with rsync
    – Graham
    Apr 26 at 16:40










  • Not the slightest idea how to do it
    – conde
    Apr 26 at 17:28










  • Sorry, I think my link didn't work.. osguides.net/common-software/…
    – Graham
    Apr 27 at 6:28














up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1












I need create a mirror only of Ubuntu 16.04 and with rsync because is over a CentOS server and can not use apt-mirror or debmirror. If I use rsync -a --bwlimit=128 rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu /media/mirror/ubuntu this command go to download all the ubuntu repository, I need only 16.04







share|improve this question




















  • Does this article help? I think you need to set switches to exclude certain files/types to achieve what you want with rsync
    – Graham
    Apr 26 at 16:40










  • Not the slightest idea how to do it
    – conde
    Apr 26 at 17:28










  • Sorry, I think my link didn't work.. osguides.net/common-software/…
    – Graham
    Apr 27 at 6:28












up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1









up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1






1





I need create a mirror only of Ubuntu 16.04 and with rsync because is over a CentOS server and can not use apt-mirror or debmirror. If I use rsync -a --bwlimit=128 rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu /media/mirror/ubuntu this command go to download all the ubuntu repository, I need only 16.04







share|improve this question












I need create a mirror only of Ubuntu 16.04 and with rsync because is over a CentOS server and can not use apt-mirror or debmirror. If I use rsync -a --bwlimit=128 rsync://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu /media/mirror/ubuntu this command go to download all the ubuntu repository, I need only 16.04









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Apr 26 at 16:28









conde

11




11











  • Does this article help? I think you need to set switches to exclude certain files/types to achieve what you want with rsync
    – Graham
    Apr 26 at 16:40










  • Not the slightest idea how to do it
    – conde
    Apr 26 at 17:28










  • Sorry, I think my link didn't work.. osguides.net/common-software/…
    – Graham
    Apr 27 at 6:28
















  • Does this article help? I think you need to set switches to exclude certain files/types to achieve what you want with rsync
    – Graham
    Apr 26 at 16:40










  • Not the slightest idea how to do it
    – conde
    Apr 26 at 17:28










  • Sorry, I think my link didn't work.. osguides.net/common-software/…
    – Graham
    Apr 27 at 6:28















Does this article help? I think you need to set switches to exclude certain files/types to achieve what you want with rsync
– Graham
Apr 26 at 16:40




Does this article help? I think you need to set switches to exclude certain files/types to achieve what you want with rsync
– Graham
Apr 26 at 16:40












Not the slightest idea how to do it
– conde
Apr 26 at 17:28




Not the slightest idea how to do it
– conde
Apr 26 at 17:28












Sorry, I think my link didn't work.. osguides.net/common-software/…
– Graham
Apr 27 at 6:28




Sorry, I think my link didn't work.. osguides.net/common-software/…
– Graham
Apr 27 at 6:28















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028472%2fhow-create-an-ubuntu-16-04-mirror-using-rsync%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028472%2fhow-create-an-ubuntu-16-04-mirror-using-rsync%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error