Ubuntu ver 14 - creating custom performance monitor in ipswitch

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have created and enabled a custom perf. monitor (Without Errors) for this test Ubuntu server. I am using a MIB that I think would work, "wwCpuLoad" OID:1.3.6.1.4.1.17163.1.102.5.1. in the error logs I see that this server X caused an exception. Encounter an snmp exception (custom snmp collector) when polling at address X. exception - no such object.



I ran Paessler snmp tester from my laptop to this Linux/Ubuntu server and I also ran it from the monitoring server to the Linux/Ubuntu server: it seem to be working/responding just fine. the results below are from both



Paessler SNMP Tester 5.2.3 Computername: LT-XPSJKELLEY Interface: (169.254.182.96, 10.35.134.68)
4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (6 ms) : Device: 10.10.61.101
4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (6 ms) : SNMP V2c
4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (7 ms) : Uptime
4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (35 ms) : SNMP Datatype: ASN_TIMETICKS
4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (37 ms) : -------
4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (38 ms) : DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = 6419044 ( 17 hours 49 minutes )
4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (65 ms) : SNMP Datatype: ASN_TIMETICKS
4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (67 ms) : HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemUptime.0 = 6419454 ( 17 hours 49 minutes )
4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (68 ms) : Done


I have a task: to monitor the CPU levels/usage on a few Linux servers and since I don't know Linux it has been a learning experience to say the least.



What the heck am I doing wrong?







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I have created and enabled a custom perf. monitor (Without Errors) for this test Ubuntu server. I am using a MIB that I think would work, "wwCpuLoad" OID:1.3.6.1.4.1.17163.1.102.5.1. in the error logs I see that this server X caused an exception. Encounter an snmp exception (custom snmp collector) when polling at address X. exception - no such object.



    I ran Paessler snmp tester from my laptop to this Linux/Ubuntu server and I also ran it from the monitoring server to the Linux/Ubuntu server: it seem to be working/responding just fine. the results below are from both



    Paessler SNMP Tester 5.2.3 Computername: LT-XPSJKELLEY Interface: (169.254.182.96, 10.35.134.68)
    4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (6 ms) : Device: 10.10.61.101
    4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (6 ms) : SNMP V2c
    4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (7 ms) : Uptime
    4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (35 ms) : SNMP Datatype: ASN_TIMETICKS
    4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (37 ms) : -------
    4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (38 ms) : DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = 6419044 ( 17 hours 49 minutes )
    4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (65 ms) : SNMP Datatype: ASN_TIMETICKS
    4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (67 ms) : HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemUptime.0 = 6419454 ( 17 hours 49 minutes )
    4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (68 ms) : Done


    I have a task: to monitor the CPU levels/usage on a few Linux servers and since I don't know Linux it has been a learning experience to say the least.



    What the heck am I doing wrong?







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I have created and enabled a custom perf. monitor (Without Errors) for this test Ubuntu server. I am using a MIB that I think would work, "wwCpuLoad" OID:1.3.6.1.4.1.17163.1.102.5.1. in the error logs I see that this server X caused an exception. Encounter an snmp exception (custom snmp collector) when polling at address X. exception - no such object.



      I ran Paessler snmp tester from my laptop to this Linux/Ubuntu server and I also ran it from the monitoring server to the Linux/Ubuntu server: it seem to be working/responding just fine. the results below are from both



      Paessler SNMP Tester 5.2.3 Computername: LT-XPSJKELLEY Interface: (169.254.182.96, 10.35.134.68)
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (6 ms) : Device: 10.10.61.101
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (6 ms) : SNMP V2c
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (7 ms) : Uptime
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (35 ms) : SNMP Datatype: ASN_TIMETICKS
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (37 ms) : -------
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (38 ms) : DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = 6419044 ( 17 hours 49 minutes )
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (65 ms) : SNMP Datatype: ASN_TIMETICKS
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (67 ms) : HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemUptime.0 = 6419454 ( 17 hours 49 minutes )
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (68 ms) : Done


      I have a task: to monitor the CPU levels/usage on a few Linux servers and since I don't know Linux it has been a learning experience to say the least.



      What the heck am I doing wrong?







      share|improve this question














      I have created and enabled a custom perf. monitor (Without Errors) for this test Ubuntu server. I am using a MIB that I think would work, "wwCpuLoad" OID:1.3.6.1.4.1.17163.1.102.5.1. in the error logs I see that this server X caused an exception. Encounter an snmp exception (custom snmp collector) when polling at address X. exception - no such object.



      I ran Paessler snmp tester from my laptop to this Linux/Ubuntu server and I also ran it from the monitoring server to the Linux/Ubuntu server: it seem to be working/responding just fine. the results below are from both



      Paessler SNMP Tester 5.2.3 Computername: LT-XPSJKELLEY Interface: (169.254.182.96, 10.35.134.68)
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (6 ms) : Device: 10.10.61.101
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (6 ms) : SNMP V2c
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (7 ms) : Uptime
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (35 ms) : SNMP Datatype: ASN_TIMETICKS
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (37 ms) : -------
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (38 ms) : DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = 6419044 ( 17 hours 49 minutes )
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (65 ms) : SNMP Datatype: ASN_TIMETICKS
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (67 ms) : HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemUptime.0 = 6419454 ( 17 hours 49 minutes )
      4/26/2018 12:02:51 PM (68 ms) : Done


      I have a task: to monitor the CPU levels/usage on a few Linux servers and since I don't know Linux it has been a learning experience to say the least.



      What the heck am I doing wrong?









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Apr 26 at 20:29









      Zanna

      48k13119227




      48k13119227










      asked Apr 26 at 19:19









      jack

      12




      12

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028515%2fubuntu-ver-14-creating-custom-performance-monitor-in-ipswitch%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028515%2fubuntu-ver-14-creating-custom-performance-monitor-in-ipswitch%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error