How do I set blue light filter by configuring the Intel graphic card settings?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I am having the Windows and Ubuntu 16.04 dual system on my laptop. In Windows, I used the Intel graphic card settings to tune down brightness, contrast of blue light. And the effect is much better than flux.



On Ubuntu, I am now using the Redshift. While it still can not be compared to the setting by the default graphic card. I did several googling in last several days. But there does not seem to be a article addressing this specific issue. By the way, I am using a Intel HD Graphic 620.



How can I tune down blue light brightness and contrast in driver settings?







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I am having the Windows and Ubuntu 16.04 dual system on my laptop. In Windows, I used the Intel graphic card settings to tune down brightness, contrast of blue light. And the effect is much better than flux.



    On Ubuntu, I am now using the Redshift. While it still can not be compared to the setting by the default graphic card. I did several googling in last several days. But there does not seem to be a article addressing this specific issue. By the way, I am using a Intel HD Graphic 620.



    How can I tune down blue light brightness and contrast in driver settings?







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I am having the Windows and Ubuntu 16.04 dual system on my laptop. In Windows, I used the Intel graphic card settings to tune down brightness, contrast of blue light. And the effect is much better than flux.



      On Ubuntu, I am now using the Redshift. While it still can not be compared to the setting by the default graphic card. I did several googling in last several days. But there does not seem to be a article addressing this specific issue. By the way, I am using a Intel HD Graphic 620.



      How can I tune down blue light brightness and contrast in driver settings?







      share|improve this question














      I am having the Windows and Ubuntu 16.04 dual system on my laptop. In Windows, I used the Intel graphic card settings to tune down brightness, contrast of blue light. And the effect is much better than flux.



      On Ubuntu, I am now using the Redshift. While it still can not be compared to the setting by the default graphic card. I did several googling in last several days. But there does not seem to be a article addressing this specific issue. By the way, I am using a Intel HD Graphic 620.



      How can I tune down blue light brightness and contrast in driver settings?









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Apr 27 at 2:58









      Eliah Kagan

      79.4k20221359




      79.4k20221359










      asked Apr 27 at 1:32









      Warren

      61




      61




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          I followed the steps by this link:
          https://www.techzim.co.zw/2017/06/tuning-intel-graphics-card-ubuntu-16-04/



          And after the installation, I went to the folder where the configure file is supposed to be. Type this:



          warren@thinkpad:/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d$ ls -a -l



          total 44



          drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 28 13:35 .



          drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Feb 28 13:35 ..



          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92 Jan 29 13:56 10-amdgpu.conf



          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1099 Jul 6 2017 10-evdev.conf



          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1350 Nov 24 04:51 10-quirks.conf



          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92 Jan 29 13:58 10-radeon.conf



          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 590 Jul 6 2017 11-evdev-quirks.conf



          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 364 Jul 6 2017 11-evdev-trackpoint.conf



          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 590 Jul 6 2017 51-synaptics-quirks.conf



          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1751 Jul 6 2017 70-synaptics.conf



          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2747 Jul 6 2017 70-wacom.conf



          I opened the amdgup.conf, and it is like this:



          Section "OutputClass"



           Identifier "AMDgpu"

          MatchDriver "amdgpu"

          Driver "amdgpu"


          EndSection



          Wired thing is that, I did not find something like intel.conf.



          That is how far I have reached by now. Still don't know how to configure the graphic card.






          share|improve this answer




















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028581%2fhow-do-i-set-blue-light-filter-by-configuring-the-intel-graphic-card-settings%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            0
            down vote













            I followed the steps by this link:
            https://www.techzim.co.zw/2017/06/tuning-intel-graphics-card-ubuntu-16-04/



            And after the installation, I went to the folder where the configure file is supposed to be. Type this:



            warren@thinkpad:/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d$ ls -a -l



            total 44



            drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 28 13:35 .



            drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Feb 28 13:35 ..



            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92 Jan 29 13:56 10-amdgpu.conf



            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1099 Jul 6 2017 10-evdev.conf



            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1350 Nov 24 04:51 10-quirks.conf



            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92 Jan 29 13:58 10-radeon.conf



            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 590 Jul 6 2017 11-evdev-quirks.conf



            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 364 Jul 6 2017 11-evdev-trackpoint.conf



            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 590 Jul 6 2017 51-synaptics-quirks.conf



            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1751 Jul 6 2017 70-synaptics.conf



            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2747 Jul 6 2017 70-wacom.conf



            I opened the amdgup.conf, and it is like this:



            Section "OutputClass"



             Identifier "AMDgpu"

            MatchDriver "amdgpu"

            Driver "amdgpu"


            EndSection



            Wired thing is that, I did not find something like intel.conf.



            That is how far I have reached by now. Still don't know how to configure the graphic card.






            share|improve this answer
























              up vote
              0
              down vote













              I followed the steps by this link:
              https://www.techzim.co.zw/2017/06/tuning-intel-graphics-card-ubuntu-16-04/



              And after the installation, I went to the folder where the configure file is supposed to be. Type this:



              warren@thinkpad:/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d$ ls -a -l



              total 44



              drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 28 13:35 .



              drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Feb 28 13:35 ..



              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92 Jan 29 13:56 10-amdgpu.conf



              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1099 Jul 6 2017 10-evdev.conf



              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1350 Nov 24 04:51 10-quirks.conf



              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92 Jan 29 13:58 10-radeon.conf



              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 590 Jul 6 2017 11-evdev-quirks.conf



              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 364 Jul 6 2017 11-evdev-trackpoint.conf



              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 590 Jul 6 2017 51-synaptics-quirks.conf



              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1751 Jul 6 2017 70-synaptics.conf



              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2747 Jul 6 2017 70-wacom.conf



              I opened the amdgup.conf, and it is like this:



              Section "OutputClass"



               Identifier "AMDgpu"

              MatchDriver "amdgpu"

              Driver "amdgpu"


              EndSection



              Wired thing is that, I did not find something like intel.conf.



              That is how far I have reached by now. Still don't know how to configure the graphic card.






              share|improve this answer






















                up vote
                0
                down vote










                up vote
                0
                down vote









                I followed the steps by this link:
                https://www.techzim.co.zw/2017/06/tuning-intel-graphics-card-ubuntu-16-04/



                And after the installation, I went to the folder where the configure file is supposed to be. Type this:



                warren@thinkpad:/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d$ ls -a -l



                total 44



                drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 28 13:35 .



                drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Feb 28 13:35 ..



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92 Jan 29 13:56 10-amdgpu.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1099 Jul 6 2017 10-evdev.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1350 Nov 24 04:51 10-quirks.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92 Jan 29 13:58 10-radeon.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 590 Jul 6 2017 11-evdev-quirks.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 364 Jul 6 2017 11-evdev-trackpoint.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 590 Jul 6 2017 51-synaptics-quirks.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1751 Jul 6 2017 70-synaptics.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2747 Jul 6 2017 70-wacom.conf



                I opened the amdgup.conf, and it is like this:



                Section "OutputClass"



                 Identifier "AMDgpu"

                MatchDriver "amdgpu"

                Driver "amdgpu"


                EndSection



                Wired thing is that, I did not find something like intel.conf.



                That is how far I have reached by now. Still don't know how to configure the graphic card.






                share|improve this answer












                I followed the steps by this link:
                https://www.techzim.co.zw/2017/06/tuning-intel-graphics-card-ubuntu-16-04/



                And after the installation, I went to the folder where the configure file is supposed to be. Type this:



                warren@thinkpad:/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d$ ls -a -l



                total 44



                drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 28 13:35 .



                drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Feb 28 13:35 ..



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92 Jan 29 13:56 10-amdgpu.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1099 Jul 6 2017 10-evdev.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1350 Nov 24 04:51 10-quirks.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 92 Jan 29 13:58 10-radeon.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 590 Jul 6 2017 11-evdev-quirks.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 364 Jul 6 2017 11-evdev-trackpoint.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 590 Jul 6 2017 51-synaptics-quirks.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1751 Jul 6 2017 70-synaptics.conf



                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2747 Jul 6 2017 70-wacom.conf



                I opened the amdgup.conf, and it is like this:



                Section "OutputClass"



                 Identifier "AMDgpu"

                MatchDriver "amdgpu"

                Driver "amdgpu"


                EndSection



                Wired thing is that, I did not find something like intel.conf.



                That is how far I have reached by now. Still don't know how to configure the graphic card.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Apr 28 at 19:30









                Warren

                61




                61



























                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded















































                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028581%2fhow-do-i-set-blue-light-filter-by-configuring-the-intel-graphic-card-settings%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error