Ubuntu 17.10 - Bluetooth service “inactive (dead)”

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have all of a sudden a problem with my Bluetooth on Ubuntu 17.10.



The UI tells me it's Off, and I can still turn it off (which is strange).



Then I tried to purge/reinstall Bluez, and used a lot of commands to activate the Bluetooth service but nothing works...



I have read a lot of threads on multiples forums this morning, if someone want to guide me through a kind of debug process it would be appreciated.



Thanks !







share|improve this question






















  • please post the output of rfkill list and hciconfig -a
    – ptetteh227
    Apr 27 at 0:00











  • Thank you but, surprise, tonight, after reinstalling Bluez like I said this morning and run a few commands in vain (particulary sudo systemctl start bluetooth / sudo systemctl enable bluetooth few times) , when my computer woke up from the sleep mode tonight, the bluetooth started suddenly to work again... I suspect something was triggered at this precise time, but I don't know why or what did that. Thanks again!
    – Parviz
    Apr 27 at 1:27














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have all of a sudden a problem with my Bluetooth on Ubuntu 17.10.



The UI tells me it's Off, and I can still turn it off (which is strange).



Then I tried to purge/reinstall Bluez, and used a lot of commands to activate the Bluetooth service but nothing works...



I have read a lot of threads on multiples forums this morning, if someone want to guide me through a kind of debug process it would be appreciated.



Thanks !







share|improve this question






















  • please post the output of rfkill list and hciconfig -a
    – ptetteh227
    Apr 27 at 0:00











  • Thank you but, surprise, tonight, after reinstalling Bluez like I said this morning and run a few commands in vain (particulary sudo systemctl start bluetooth / sudo systemctl enable bluetooth few times) , when my computer woke up from the sleep mode tonight, the bluetooth started suddenly to work again... I suspect something was triggered at this precise time, but I don't know why or what did that. Thanks again!
    – Parviz
    Apr 27 at 1:27












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I have all of a sudden a problem with my Bluetooth on Ubuntu 17.10.



The UI tells me it's Off, and I can still turn it off (which is strange).



Then I tried to purge/reinstall Bluez, and used a lot of commands to activate the Bluetooth service but nothing works...



I have read a lot of threads on multiples forums this morning, if someone want to guide me through a kind of debug process it would be appreciated.



Thanks !







share|improve this question














I have all of a sudden a problem with my Bluetooth on Ubuntu 17.10.



The UI tells me it's Off, and I can still turn it off (which is strange).



Then I tried to purge/reinstall Bluez, and used a lot of commands to activate the Bluetooth service but nothing works...



I have read a lot of threads on multiples forums this morning, if someone want to guide me through a kind of debug process it would be appreciated.



Thanks !









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 27 at 3:49









ptetteh227

703115




703115










asked Apr 26 at 18:30









Parviz

1




1











  • please post the output of rfkill list and hciconfig -a
    – ptetteh227
    Apr 27 at 0:00











  • Thank you but, surprise, tonight, after reinstalling Bluez like I said this morning and run a few commands in vain (particulary sudo systemctl start bluetooth / sudo systemctl enable bluetooth few times) , when my computer woke up from the sleep mode tonight, the bluetooth started suddenly to work again... I suspect something was triggered at this precise time, but I don't know why or what did that. Thanks again!
    – Parviz
    Apr 27 at 1:27
















  • please post the output of rfkill list and hciconfig -a
    – ptetteh227
    Apr 27 at 0:00











  • Thank you but, surprise, tonight, after reinstalling Bluez like I said this morning and run a few commands in vain (particulary sudo systemctl start bluetooth / sudo systemctl enable bluetooth few times) , when my computer woke up from the sleep mode tonight, the bluetooth started suddenly to work again... I suspect something was triggered at this precise time, but I don't know why or what did that. Thanks again!
    – Parviz
    Apr 27 at 1:27















please post the output of rfkill list and hciconfig -a
– ptetteh227
Apr 27 at 0:00





please post the output of rfkill list and hciconfig -a
– ptetteh227
Apr 27 at 0:00













Thank you but, surprise, tonight, after reinstalling Bluez like I said this morning and run a few commands in vain (particulary sudo systemctl start bluetooth / sudo systemctl enable bluetooth few times) , when my computer woke up from the sleep mode tonight, the bluetooth started suddenly to work again... I suspect something was triggered at this precise time, but I don't know why or what did that. Thanks again!
– Parviz
Apr 27 at 1:27




Thank you but, surprise, tonight, after reinstalling Bluez like I said this morning and run a few commands in vain (particulary sudo systemctl start bluetooth / sudo systemctl enable bluetooth few times) , when my computer woke up from the sleep mode tonight, the bluetooth started suddenly to work again... I suspect something was triggered at this precise time, but I don't know why or what did that. Thanks again!
– Parviz
Apr 27 at 1:27















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028502%2fubuntu-17-10-bluetooth-service-inactive-dead%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028502%2fubuntu-17-10-bluetooth-service-inactive-dead%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error