Where are the downloaded data when an issue happens before installing?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I installed some Python packages through the terminal, however after downloading it, I got an error and had to do it again.



It means I downloaded each package twice and now wonder: where are they ? Can I delete the useless downloaded but not installed packages ?



It's an example of a general problem I have with Ubuntu since I started using it.







share|improve this question




















  • Could you specify how you install the python packages?
    – Marc Vanhoomissen
    Apr 26 at 18:15










  • In a terminal I type: sudo pip3 install package replacing "package" with the name of the package I want to install.
    – Pypaut
    Apr 27 at 17:37














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I installed some Python packages through the terminal, however after downloading it, I got an error and had to do it again.



It means I downloaded each package twice and now wonder: where are they ? Can I delete the useless downloaded but not installed packages ?



It's an example of a general problem I have with Ubuntu since I started using it.







share|improve this question




















  • Could you specify how you install the python packages?
    – Marc Vanhoomissen
    Apr 26 at 18:15










  • In a terminal I type: sudo pip3 install package replacing "package" with the name of the package I want to install.
    – Pypaut
    Apr 27 at 17:37












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I installed some Python packages through the terminal, however after downloading it, I got an error and had to do it again.



It means I downloaded each package twice and now wonder: where are they ? Can I delete the useless downloaded but not installed packages ?



It's an example of a general problem I have with Ubuntu since I started using it.







share|improve this question












I installed some Python packages through the terminal, however after downloading it, I got an error and had to do it again.



It means I downloaded each package twice and now wonder: where are they ? Can I delete the useless downloaded but not installed packages ?



It's an example of a general problem I have with Ubuntu since I started using it.









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Apr 26 at 17:48









Pypaut

1




1











  • Could you specify how you install the python packages?
    – Marc Vanhoomissen
    Apr 26 at 18:15










  • In a terminal I type: sudo pip3 install package replacing "package" with the name of the package I want to install.
    – Pypaut
    Apr 27 at 17:37
















  • Could you specify how you install the python packages?
    – Marc Vanhoomissen
    Apr 26 at 18:15










  • In a terminal I type: sudo pip3 install package replacing "package" with the name of the package I want to install.
    – Pypaut
    Apr 27 at 17:37















Could you specify how you install the python packages?
– Marc Vanhoomissen
Apr 26 at 18:15




Could you specify how you install the python packages?
– Marc Vanhoomissen
Apr 26 at 18:15












In a terminal I type: sudo pip3 install package replacing "package" with the name of the package I want to install.
– Pypaut
Apr 27 at 17:37




In a terminal I type: sudo pip3 install package replacing "package" with the name of the package I want to install.
– Pypaut
Apr 27 at 17:37















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028491%2fwhere-are-the-downloaded-data-when-an-issue-happens-before-installing%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1028491%2fwhere-are-the-downloaded-data-when-an-issue-happens-before-installing%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error