Spring backend not starting on Ubuntu

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have installed many backend services on Ubuntu system, but since today it does not work anymore.



In my spring application, I have written that the application should be executable (pom.xml)



<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<configuration>
<executable>true</executable>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>


After uploading to my server and trying to install the jar as a init.d service I get the following error message when trying to start.



Failed to start <myapp>.service: Unit <myapp>.service not found.


There are no logs or something.
I installed the init.d service or in other terms I created a symlink with sudo ln -s /var/myapp /myapp.jar /etc/init.d/myapp.







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I have installed many backend services on Ubuntu system, but since today it does not work anymore.



    In my spring application, I have written that the application should be executable (pom.xml)



    <build>
    <plugins>
    <plugin>
    <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
    <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <configuration>
    <executable>true</executable>
    </configuration>
    </plugin>
    </plugins>
    </build>


    After uploading to my server and trying to install the jar as a init.d service I get the following error message when trying to start.



    Failed to start <myapp>.service: Unit <myapp>.service not found.


    There are no logs or something.
    I installed the init.d service or in other terms I created a symlink with sudo ln -s /var/myapp /myapp.jar /etc/init.d/myapp.







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I have installed many backend services on Ubuntu system, but since today it does not work anymore.



      In my spring application, I have written that the application should be executable (pom.xml)



      <build>
      <plugins>
      <plugin>
      <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
      <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
      <configuration>
      <executable>true</executable>
      </configuration>
      </plugin>
      </plugins>
      </build>


      After uploading to my server and trying to install the jar as a init.d service I get the following error message when trying to start.



      Failed to start <myapp>.service: Unit <myapp>.service not found.


      There are no logs or something.
      I installed the init.d service or in other terms I created a symlink with sudo ln -s /var/myapp /myapp.jar /etc/init.d/myapp.







      share|improve this question












      I have installed many backend services on Ubuntu system, but since today it does not work anymore.



      In my spring application, I have written that the application should be executable (pom.xml)



      <build>
      <plugins>
      <plugin>
      <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
      <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
      <configuration>
      <executable>true</executable>
      </configuration>
      </plugin>
      </plugins>
      </build>


      After uploading to my server and trying to install the jar as a init.d service I get the following error message when trying to start.



      Failed to start <myapp>.service: Unit <myapp>.service not found.


      There are no logs or something.
      I installed the init.d service or in other terms I created a symlink with sudo ln -s /var/myapp /myapp.jar /etc/init.d/myapp.









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 15 at 11:08









      Markus G.

      1012




      1012

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036485%2fspring-backend-not-starting-on-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036485%2fspring-backend-not-starting-on-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error