mpd can not find files on samba share

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have music on a samba share, mounted on /media/music:



pi@hassbian:~ $ ls /media/music/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 13 17:00 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 12 14:41 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:03 4 Non Blondes - Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:04 ACDC - Back in Black
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:04 ACDC - The Razors Edge


After successfully doing sudo apt install ncmpcpp mpc mpd, I onfigured them as follows:



~/.ncmpcpp/config:



mpd_host = localhost
mpd_port = 6600
mpd_music_dir = "/media/music"


/etc/mpd.conf:



music_directory "/media/music"


I reloaded the config for mpd:



sudo service mpd stop
sudo mpd /etc/mpd.conf
sudo service mpd start


Running mpc ls returns nothing and ncmpcpp shows an empty list.







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I have music on a samba share, mounted on /media/music:



    pi@hassbian:~ $ ls /media/music/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 13 17:00 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 12 14:41 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:03 4 Non Blondes - Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:04 ACDC - Back in Black
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:04 ACDC - The Razors Edge


    After successfully doing sudo apt install ncmpcpp mpc mpd, I onfigured them as follows:



    ~/.ncmpcpp/config:



    mpd_host = localhost
    mpd_port = 6600
    mpd_music_dir = "/media/music"


    /etc/mpd.conf:



    music_directory "/media/music"


    I reloaded the config for mpd:



    sudo service mpd stop
    sudo mpd /etc/mpd.conf
    sudo service mpd start


    Running mpc ls returns nothing and ncmpcpp shows an empty list.







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I have music on a samba share, mounted on /media/music:



      pi@hassbian:~ $ ls /media/music/
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 13 17:00 .
      drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 12 14:41 ..
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:03 4 Non Blondes - Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:04 ACDC - Back in Black
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:04 ACDC - The Razors Edge


      After successfully doing sudo apt install ncmpcpp mpc mpd, I onfigured them as follows:



      ~/.ncmpcpp/config:



      mpd_host = localhost
      mpd_port = 6600
      mpd_music_dir = "/media/music"


      /etc/mpd.conf:



      music_directory "/media/music"


      I reloaded the config for mpd:



      sudo service mpd stop
      sudo mpd /etc/mpd.conf
      sudo service mpd start


      Running mpc ls returns nothing and ncmpcpp shows an empty list.







      share|improve this question












      I have music on a samba share, mounted on /media/music:



      pi@hassbian:~ $ ls /media/music/
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 13 17:00 .
      drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 12 14:41 ..
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:03 4 Non Blondes - Bigger, Better, Faster, More!
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:04 ACDC - Back in Black
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 12 15:04 ACDC - The Razors Edge


      After successfully doing sudo apt install ncmpcpp mpc mpd, I onfigured them as follows:



      ~/.ncmpcpp/config:



      mpd_host = localhost
      mpd_port = 6600
      mpd_music_dir = "/media/music"


      /etc/mpd.conf:



      music_directory "/media/music"


      I reloaded the config for mpd:



      sudo service mpd stop
      sudo mpd /etc/mpd.conf
      sudo service mpd start


      Running mpc ls returns nothing and ncmpcpp shows an empty list.









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 15 at 10:43









      Morgoth

      6911618




      6911618

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036476%2fmpd-can-not-find-files-on-samba-share%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036476%2fmpd-can-not-find-files-on-samba-share%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error