Failed to fetch ppa - cannot update anymore

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I can't update my machine anymore.



To me it seems I have the problem that my machine doesn't accept the package signatures. However I have no idea how to solve it, any help would be appreciated.



Software Updater complains with:
Failed to download repository information - Check your Internet connection. -> While I have internet.



sudo apt-get update:



...
Ign:15 http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu xenial/main
amd6 DEP-11 Metadata
Ign:16 http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu xenial/main DEP-11 64x64 Icons
Fetched 45.2 kB in 19s (2,289 B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable
InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the
public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EB3E94ADBE1229CF
W: The repository 'http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable
InRelease' is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-manager/staging/ubuntu
xenial InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified
because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY F738B17DF9E284B7
W: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-
manager/staging/ubuntu xenial InRelease' is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository
is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-remix/ppa/ubuntu xenial InRelease: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY 3B139A1EF422D205
W: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu
xenial Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-
remix/ppa/ubuntu/dists/xenial/InRelease The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY 3B139A1EF422D205
E: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-
lea/node.js/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not
Found
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.


As suggested by comment I followed the URL:




  • http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode - not signed (I downloaded it together with anaconda) -> url doesn't exist


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-manager/staging/ubuntu xenial There seems to be a 0.7.3~201712020419~ubuntu16.04.1 version


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-remix/ppa/ubuntu - there is ./dists/xenial/Release (I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for)


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu - I couldn't find the xenial/Release file

I'm sorry but I'm still a bit unsure what I'm exactly looking for as my experience with the package manager is quite limited. As it is right now I can't update any package (for example the ones in canonical).







share|improve this question






















  • Did you check to see if those PPAs really have Xenial packages? Simply follow the URLs....
    – user535733
    May 15 at 14:51














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I can't update my machine anymore.



To me it seems I have the problem that my machine doesn't accept the package signatures. However I have no idea how to solve it, any help would be appreciated.



Software Updater complains with:
Failed to download repository information - Check your Internet connection. -> While I have internet.



sudo apt-get update:



...
Ign:15 http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu xenial/main
amd6 DEP-11 Metadata
Ign:16 http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu xenial/main DEP-11 64x64 Icons
Fetched 45.2 kB in 19s (2,289 B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable
InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the
public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EB3E94ADBE1229CF
W: The repository 'http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable
InRelease' is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-manager/staging/ubuntu
xenial InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified
because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY F738B17DF9E284B7
W: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-
manager/staging/ubuntu xenial InRelease' is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository
is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-remix/ppa/ubuntu xenial InRelease: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY 3B139A1EF422D205
W: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu
xenial Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-
remix/ppa/ubuntu/dists/xenial/InRelease The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY 3B139A1EF422D205
E: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-
lea/node.js/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not
Found
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.


As suggested by comment I followed the URL:




  • http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode - not signed (I downloaded it together with anaconda) -> url doesn't exist


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-manager/staging/ubuntu xenial There seems to be a 0.7.3~201712020419~ubuntu16.04.1 version


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-remix/ppa/ubuntu - there is ./dists/xenial/Release (I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for)


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu - I couldn't find the xenial/Release file

I'm sorry but I'm still a bit unsure what I'm exactly looking for as my experience with the package manager is quite limited. As it is right now I can't update any package (for example the ones in canonical).







share|improve this question






















  • Did you check to see if those PPAs really have Xenial packages? Simply follow the URLs....
    – user535733
    May 15 at 14:51












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I can't update my machine anymore.



To me it seems I have the problem that my machine doesn't accept the package signatures. However I have no idea how to solve it, any help would be appreciated.



Software Updater complains with:
Failed to download repository information - Check your Internet connection. -> While I have internet.



sudo apt-get update:



...
Ign:15 http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu xenial/main
amd6 DEP-11 Metadata
Ign:16 http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu xenial/main DEP-11 64x64 Icons
Fetched 45.2 kB in 19s (2,289 B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable
InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the
public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EB3E94ADBE1229CF
W: The repository 'http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable
InRelease' is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-manager/staging/ubuntu
xenial InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified
because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY F738B17DF9E284B7
W: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-
manager/staging/ubuntu xenial InRelease' is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository
is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-remix/ppa/ubuntu xenial InRelease: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY 3B139A1EF422D205
W: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu
xenial Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-
remix/ppa/ubuntu/dists/xenial/InRelease The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY 3B139A1EF422D205
E: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-
lea/node.js/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not
Found
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.


As suggested by comment I followed the URL:




  • http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode - not signed (I downloaded it together with anaconda) -> url doesn't exist


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-manager/staging/ubuntu xenial There seems to be a 0.7.3~201712020419~ubuntu16.04.1 version


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-remix/ppa/ubuntu - there is ./dists/xenial/Release (I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for)


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu - I couldn't find the xenial/Release file

I'm sorry but I'm still a bit unsure what I'm exactly looking for as my experience with the package manager is quite limited. As it is right now I can't update any package (for example the ones in canonical).







share|improve this question














I can't update my machine anymore.



To me it seems I have the problem that my machine doesn't accept the package signatures. However I have no idea how to solve it, any help would be appreciated.



Software Updater complains with:
Failed to download repository information - Check your Internet connection. -> While I have internet.



sudo apt-get update:



...
Ign:15 http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu xenial/main
amd6 DEP-11 Metadata
Ign:16 http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu xenial/main DEP-11 64x64 Icons
Fetched 45.2 kB in 19s (2,289 B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable
InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the
public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EB3E94ADBE1229CF
W: The repository 'http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode stable
InRelease' is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-manager/staging/ubuntu
xenial InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified
because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY F738B17DF9E284B7
W: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-
manager/staging/ubuntu xenial InRelease' is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository
is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-remix/ppa/ubuntu xenial InRelease: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY 3B139A1EF422D205
W: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu
xenial Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore
potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-
remix/ppa/ubuntu/dists/xenial/InRelease The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
NO_PUBKEY 3B139A1EF422D205
E: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-
lea/node.js/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not
Found
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.


As suggested by comment I followed the URL:




  • http://packages.microsoft.com/repos/vscode - not signed (I downloaded it together with anaconda) -> url doesn't exist


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/font-manager/staging/ubuntu xenial There seems to be a 0.7.3~201712020419~ubuntu16.04.1 version


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/budgie-remix/ppa/ubuntu - there is ./dists/xenial/Release (I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for)


  • http://ppa.launchpad.net/chris-lea/node.js/ubuntu - I couldn't find the xenial/Release file

I'm sorry but I'm still a bit unsure what I'm exactly looking for as my experience with the package manager is quite limited. As it is right now I can't update any package (for example the ones in canonical).









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 15 at 15:43

























asked May 15 at 14:17









magu_

143211




143211











  • Did you check to see if those PPAs really have Xenial packages? Simply follow the URLs....
    – user535733
    May 15 at 14:51
















  • Did you check to see if those PPAs really have Xenial packages? Simply follow the URLs....
    – user535733
    May 15 at 14:51















Did you check to see if those PPAs really have Xenial packages? Simply follow the URLs....
– user535733
May 15 at 14:51




Did you check to see if those PPAs really have Xenial packages? Simply follow the URLs....
– user535733
May 15 at 14:51















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036555%2ffailed-to-fetch-ppa-cannot-update-anymore%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036555%2ffailed-to-fetch-ppa-cannot-update-anymore%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error