Not detecting graphics card in ubuntu16

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I am inexperienced. Have used Ubuntu 16 for > 1 yr without problem. Now, get, on startup "Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected correctly, etc." Sometimes I get "The program is running in low-graphics mode." I can then go ahead, ignore further problem warnings, and use the computer without obvious problem, occasionally have to reboot first. But do I have a major central problem which must be fixed? I have an Intel Graphics Card.







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I am inexperienced. Have used Ubuntu 16 for > 1 yr without problem. Now, get, on startup "Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected correctly, etc." Sometimes I get "The program is running in low-graphics mode." I can then go ahead, ignore further problem warnings, and use the computer without obvious problem, occasionally have to reboot first. But do I have a major central problem which must be fixed? I have an Intel Graphics Card.







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I am inexperienced. Have used Ubuntu 16 for > 1 yr without problem. Now, get, on startup "Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected correctly, etc." Sometimes I get "The program is running in low-graphics mode." I can then go ahead, ignore further problem warnings, and use the computer without obvious problem, occasionally have to reboot first. But do I have a major central problem which must be fixed? I have an Intel Graphics Card.







      share|improve this question














      I am inexperienced. Have used Ubuntu 16 for > 1 yr without problem. Now, get, on startup "Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected correctly, etc." Sometimes I get "The program is running in low-graphics mode." I can then go ahead, ignore further problem warnings, and use the computer without obvious problem, occasionally have to reboot first. But do I have a major central problem which must be fixed? I have an Intel Graphics Card.









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited May 19 at 16:07

























      asked May 15 at 10:25









      Robert MacDonald

      62




      62

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036468%2fnot-detecting-graphics-card-in-ubuntu16%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036468%2fnot-detecting-graphics-card-in-ubuntu16%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error