Netbeans 8.1 won't make it past “Turning on modules” screen

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
2
down vote

favorite












This week I installed netbeans 8.1 in my fresh ubuntu 18.04 installation.Prior to that I have installed jdk,jre and configured the JAVA_HOME variable.After trying to open netbeans I get the netbeans loading screen.However when the loading screen writes "Turning on modules" after a while netbeans will close.I've tried starting it through terminal but I get no errors.However I found this text files in my netbeans var folder



messages.log



>Log Session: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:16:49 PM EEST
>System Info:
Product Version = NetBeans IDE 8.1 (Build 20180221-debian-8.1)
Operating System = Linux version 4.15.0-20-generic running on amd64
Java; VM; Vendor = 1.8.0_171; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.171-b11; Oracle Corporation
Runtime = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_171-b11
Java Home = /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre
System Locale; Encoding = en_US (nb); UTF-8
Home Directory = /home/mkcodergr
Current Directory = /home/mkcodergr/Documents/GitHub/eduonix-projects/blogapp
User Directory = /home/mkcodergr/.netbeans/8.1
Cache Directory = /home/mkcodergr/.cache/netbeans/8.1
Installation = /usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/ide
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/java
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/apisupport
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/harness
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform
Boot & Ext. Classpath = /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/resources.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jce.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/classes:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/cldrdata.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/zipfs.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/localedata.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunpkcs11.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/dnsns.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/nashorn.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunjce_provider.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/jaccess.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunec.jar
Application Classpath = /usr/share/java/jcodings.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/boot.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-modules.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util-lookup.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util-ui.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/lib/dt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/lib/tools.jar
Startup Classpath = /usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-netbeans-libs-asm.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/core.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/asm-all-5.0.1.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-openide-filesystems.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-openide-filesystems-compat8.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/core-base.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb/core/org-netbeans-upgrader.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb/core/locale/core_nb.jar
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.netbinox]: Install area set to file:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.initializeStorage(BaseAdaptor.java:123)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.<init>(Framework.java:192)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.internalInit(EquinoxLauncher.java:67)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.init(EquinoxLauncher.java:37)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.init(Equinox.java:178)
at org.netbeans.modules.netbinox.Netbinox.init(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.netigso.Netigso.prepare(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.NetigsoHandle.turnOn(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.enable(Unknown Source)
INFO [null]: Last record repeated again.
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.installNew(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.trigger(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleSystem.restore(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.getModuleSystem(Unknown Source)
INFO [null]: Last record repeated again.
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.start(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.TopThreadGroup.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)


Any ideas why this is happening?







share|improve this question
















  • 1




    Netbeans 8.1 doesn't work in Ubuntu 18.04 by Netbeans 8.2 can be installed by ubuntu-make with umake ide netbeans and it works in 18.04, but I don't think it's worth installing in Ubuntu 18.04 because the Eclipse snap package (eclipse Extensible Tool Platform and Java IDE) is a much better IDE for Java than Netbeans in 18.04.
    – karel
    May 15 at 12:29











  • I'am a student and my professor want us to use netbeans :(
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 15 at 12:30










  • Your professor and you will be happy to know that Netbeans 8.2 works in 18.04.
    – karel
    May 15 at 12:31










  • I will try it and will let you know
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 15 at 12:31






  • 1




    @Fabby sorry for being late :)
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 18 at 7:01














up vote
2
down vote

favorite












This week I installed netbeans 8.1 in my fresh ubuntu 18.04 installation.Prior to that I have installed jdk,jre and configured the JAVA_HOME variable.After trying to open netbeans I get the netbeans loading screen.However when the loading screen writes "Turning on modules" after a while netbeans will close.I've tried starting it through terminal but I get no errors.However I found this text files in my netbeans var folder



messages.log



>Log Session: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:16:49 PM EEST
>System Info:
Product Version = NetBeans IDE 8.1 (Build 20180221-debian-8.1)
Operating System = Linux version 4.15.0-20-generic running on amd64
Java; VM; Vendor = 1.8.0_171; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.171-b11; Oracle Corporation
Runtime = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_171-b11
Java Home = /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre
System Locale; Encoding = en_US (nb); UTF-8
Home Directory = /home/mkcodergr
Current Directory = /home/mkcodergr/Documents/GitHub/eduonix-projects/blogapp
User Directory = /home/mkcodergr/.netbeans/8.1
Cache Directory = /home/mkcodergr/.cache/netbeans/8.1
Installation = /usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/ide
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/java
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/apisupport
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/harness
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform
Boot & Ext. Classpath = /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/resources.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jce.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/classes:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/cldrdata.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/zipfs.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/localedata.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunpkcs11.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/dnsns.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/nashorn.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunjce_provider.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/jaccess.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunec.jar
Application Classpath = /usr/share/java/jcodings.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/boot.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-modules.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util-lookup.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util-ui.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/lib/dt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/lib/tools.jar
Startup Classpath = /usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-netbeans-libs-asm.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/core.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/asm-all-5.0.1.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-openide-filesystems.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-openide-filesystems-compat8.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/core-base.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb/core/org-netbeans-upgrader.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb/core/locale/core_nb.jar
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.netbinox]: Install area set to file:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.initializeStorage(BaseAdaptor.java:123)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.<init>(Framework.java:192)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.internalInit(EquinoxLauncher.java:67)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.init(EquinoxLauncher.java:37)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.init(Equinox.java:178)
at org.netbeans.modules.netbinox.Netbinox.init(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.netigso.Netigso.prepare(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.NetigsoHandle.turnOn(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.enable(Unknown Source)
INFO [null]: Last record repeated again.
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.installNew(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.trigger(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleSystem.restore(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.getModuleSystem(Unknown Source)
INFO [null]: Last record repeated again.
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.start(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.TopThreadGroup.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)


Any ideas why this is happening?







share|improve this question
















  • 1




    Netbeans 8.1 doesn't work in Ubuntu 18.04 by Netbeans 8.2 can be installed by ubuntu-make with umake ide netbeans and it works in 18.04, but I don't think it's worth installing in Ubuntu 18.04 because the Eclipse snap package (eclipse Extensible Tool Platform and Java IDE) is a much better IDE for Java than Netbeans in 18.04.
    – karel
    May 15 at 12:29











  • I'am a student and my professor want us to use netbeans :(
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 15 at 12:30










  • Your professor and you will be happy to know that Netbeans 8.2 works in 18.04.
    – karel
    May 15 at 12:31










  • I will try it and will let you know
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 15 at 12:31






  • 1




    @Fabby sorry for being late :)
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 18 at 7:01












up vote
2
down vote

favorite









up vote
2
down vote

favorite











This week I installed netbeans 8.1 in my fresh ubuntu 18.04 installation.Prior to that I have installed jdk,jre and configured the JAVA_HOME variable.After trying to open netbeans I get the netbeans loading screen.However when the loading screen writes "Turning on modules" after a while netbeans will close.I've tried starting it through terminal but I get no errors.However I found this text files in my netbeans var folder



messages.log



>Log Session: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:16:49 PM EEST
>System Info:
Product Version = NetBeans IDE 8.1 (Build 20180221-debian-8.1)
Operating System = Linux version 4.15.0-20-generic running on amd64
Java; VM; Vendor = 1.8.0_171; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.171-b11; Oracle Corporation
Runtime = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_171-b11
Java Home = /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre
System Locale; Encoding = en_US (nb); UTF-8
Home Directory = /home/mkcodergr
Current Directory = /home/mkcodergr/Documents/GitHub/eduonix-projects/blogapp
User Directory = /home/mkcodergr/.netbeans/8.1
Cache Directory = /home/mkcodergr/.cache/netbeans/8.1
Installation = /usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/ide
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/java
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/apisupport
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/harness
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform
Boot & Ext. Classpath = /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/resources.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jce.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/classes:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/cldrdata.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/zipfs.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/localedata.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunpkcs11.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/dnsns.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/nashorn.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunjce_provider.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/jaccess.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunec.jar
Application Classpath = /usr/share/java/jcodings.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/boot.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-modules.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util-lookup.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util-ui.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/lib/dt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/lib/tools.jar
Startup Classpath = /usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-netbeans-libs-asm.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/core.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/asm-all-5.0.1.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-openide-filesystems.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-openide-filesystems-compat8.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/core-base.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb/core/org-netbeans-upgrader.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb/core/locale/core_nb.jar
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.netbinox]: Install area set to file:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.initializeStorage(BaseAdaptor.java:123)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.<init>(Framework.java:192)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.internalInit(EquinoxLauncher.java:67)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.init(EquinoxLauncher.java:37)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.init(Equinox.java:178)
at org.netbeans.modules.netbinox.Netbinox.init(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.netigso.Netigso.prepare(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.NetigsoHandle.turnOn(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.enable(Unknown Source)
INFO [null]: Last record repeated again.
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.installNew(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.trigger(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleSystem.restore(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.getModuleSystem(Unknown Source)
INFO [null]: Last record repeated again.
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.start(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.TopThreadGroup.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)


Any ideas why this is happening?







share|improve this question












This week I installed netbeans 8.1 in my fresh ubuntu 18.04 installation.Prior to that I have installed jdk,jre and configured the JAVA_HOME variable.After trying to open netbeans I get the netbeans loading screen.However when the loading screen writes "Turning on modules" after a while netbeans will close.I've tried starting it through terminal but I get no errors.However I found this text files in my netbeans var folder



messages.log



>Log Session: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:16:49 PM EEST
>System Info:
Product Version = NetBeans IDE 8.1 (Build 20180221-debian-8.1)
Operating System = Linux version 4.15.0-20-generic running on amd64
Java; VM; Vendor = 1.8.0_171; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.171-b11; Oracle Corporation
Runtime = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_171-b11
Java Home = /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre
System Locale; Encoding = en_US (nb); UTF-8
Home Directory = /home/mkcodergr
Current Directory = /home/mkcodergr/Documents/GitHub/eduonix-projects/blogapp
User Directory = /home/mkcodergr/.netbeans/8.1
Cache Directory = /home/mkcodergr/.cache/netbeans/8.1
Installation = /usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/ide
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/java
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/apisupport
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/harness
/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform
Boot & Ext. Classpath = /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/resources.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jce.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/classes:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/cldrdata.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/zipfs.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/jfxrt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/localedata.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunpkcs11.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/dnsns.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/nashorn.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunjce_provider.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/jaccess.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/ext/sunec.jar
Application Classpath = /usr/share/java/jcodings.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/boot.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-modules.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util-lookup.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/lib/org-openide-util-ui.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/lib/dt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/lib/tools.jar
Startup Classpath = /usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-netbeans-libs-asm.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/core.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/asm-all-5.0.1.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-openide-filesystems.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/org-openide-filesystems-compat8.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/platform/core/core-base.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb/core/org-netbeans-upgrader.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/nb/core/locale/core_nb.jar
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.netbinox]: Install area set to file:/usr/share/netbeans/8.1/
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.initializeStorage(BaseAdaptor.java:123)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.<init>(Framework.java:192)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.internalInit(EquinoxLauncher.java:67)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.init(EquinoxLauncher.java:37)
at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.init(Equinox.java:178)
at org.netbeans.modules.netbinox.Netbinox.init(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.netigso.Netigso.prepare(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.NetigsoHandle.turnOn(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.enable(Unknown Source)
INFO [null]: Last record repeated again.
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.installNew(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.trigger(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleSystem.restore(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.getModuleSystem(Unknown Source)
INFO [null]: Last record repeated again.
at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.start(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.startup.TopThreadGroup.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)


Any ideas why this is happening?









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked May 15 at 12:22









Manos Kounelakis

18612




18612







  • 1




    Netbeans 8.1 doesn't work in Ubuntu 18.04 by Netbeans 8.2 can be installed by ubuntu-make with umake ide netbeans and it works in 18.04, but I don't think it's worth installing in Ubuntu 18.04 because the Eclipse snap package (eclipse Extensible Tool Platform and Java IDE) is a much better IDE for Java than Netbeans in 18.04.
    – karel
    May 15 at 12:29











  • I'am a student and my professor want us to use netbeans :(
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 15 at 12:30










  • Your professor and you will be happy to know that Netbeans 8.2 works in 18.04.
    – karel
    May 15 at 12:31










  • I will try it and will let you know
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 15 at 12:31






  • 1




    @Fabby sorry for being late :)
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 18 at 7:01












  • 1




    Netbeans 8.1 doesn't work in Ubuntu 18.04 by Netbeans 8.2 can be installed by ubuntu-make with umake ide netbeans and it works in 18.04, but I don't think it's worth installing in Ubuntu 18.04 because the Eclipse snap package (eclipse Extensible Tool Platform and Java IDE) is a much better IDE for Java than Netbeans in 18.04.
    – karel
    May 15 at 12:29











  • I'am a student and my professor want us to use netbeans :(
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 15 at 12:30










  • Your professor and you will be happy to know that Netbeans 8.2 works in 18.04.
    – karel
    May 15 at 12:31










  • I will try it and will let you know
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 15 at 12:31






  • 1




    @Fabby sorry for being late :)
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 18 at 7:01







1




1




Netbeans 8.1 doesn't work in Ubuntu 18.04 by Netbeans 8.2 can be installed by ubuntu-make with umake ide netbeans and it works in 18.04, but I don't think it's worth installing in Ubuntu 18.04 because the Eclipse snap package (eclipse Extensible Tool Platform and Java IDE) is a much better IDE for Java than Netbeans in 18.04.
– karel
May 15 at 12:29





Netbeans 8.1 doesn't work in Ubuntu 18.04 by Netbeans 8.2 can be installed by ubuntu-make with umake ide netbeans and it works in 18.04, but I don't think it's worth installing in Ubuntu 18.04 because the Eclipse snap package (eclipse Extensible Tool Platform and Java IDE) is a much better IDE for Java than Netbeans in 18.04.
– karel
May 15 at 12:29













I'am a student and my professor want us to use netbeans :(
– Manos Kounelakis
May 15 at 12:30




I'am a student and my professor want us to use netbeans :(
– Manos Kounelakis
May 15 at 12:30












Your professor and you will be happy to know that Netbeans 8.2 works in 18.04.
– karel
May 15 at 12:31




Your professor and you will be happy to know that Netbeans 8.2 works in 18.04.
– karel
May 15 at 12:31












I will try it and will let you know
– Manos Kounelakis
May 15 at 12:31




I will try it and will let you know
– Manos Kounelakis
May 15 at 12:31




1




1




@Fabby sorry for being late :)
– Manos Kounelakis
May 18 at 7:01




@Fabby sorry for being late :)
– Manos Kounelakis
May 18 at 7:01










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
3
down vote



accepted










I suggest all of you read the chat that is posted on comments.I couldn't fix netbeans 8.1.What I did though was to download the latest version (8.2) from the site and install it using the bash script.However after opening netbeans 8.2 I couldn't create a new project.



Then I found the folowing stack overflow question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46476470/cant-create-project-on-netbeans-8-2



In summary what I have to do was to find my netbeans.conf file and change my java_home path



Go to chat






share|improve this answer






















  • @karel I thought I had to wait for 2 days to accept my answer
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 18 at 7:09










  • No worries: answer posted so upvoted! ;-)
    – Fabby
    May 18 at 7:36










Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036508%2fnetbeans-8-1-wont-make-it-past-turning-on-modules-screen%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest






























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
3
down vote



accepted










I suggest all of you read the chat that is posted on comments.I couldn't fix netbeans 8.1.What I did though was to download the latest version (8.2) from the site and install it using the bash script.However after opening netbeans 8.2 I couldn't create a new project.



Then I found the folowing stack overflow question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46476470/cant-create-project-on-netbeans-8-2



In summary what I have to do was to find my netbeans.conf file and change my java_home path



Go to chat






share|improve this answer






















  • @karel I thought I had to wait for 2 days to accept my answer
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 18 at 7:09










  • No worries: answer posted so upvoted! ;-)
    – Fabby
    May 18 at 7:36














up vote
3
down vote



accepted










I suggest all of you read the chat that is posted on comments.I couldn't fix netbeans 8.1.What I did though was to download the latest version (8.2) from the site and install it using the bash script.However after opening netbeans 8.2 I couldn't create a new project.



Then I found the folowing stack overflow question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46476470/cant-create-project-on-netbeans-8-2



In summary what I have to do was to find my netbeans.conf file and change my java_home path



Go to chat






share|improve this answer






















  • @karel I thought I had to wait for 2 days to accept my answer
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 18 at 7:09










  • No worries: answer posted so upvoted! ;-)
    – Fabby
    May 18 at 7:36












up vote
3
down vote



accepted







up vote
3
down vote



accepted






I suggest all of you read the chat that is posted on comments.I couldn't fix netbeans 8.1.What I did though was to download the latest version (8.2) from the site and install it using the bash script.However after opening netbeans 8.2 I couldn't create a new project.



Then I found the folowing stack overflow question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46476470/cant-create-project-on-netbeans-8-2



In summary what I have to do was to find my netbeans.conf file and change my java_home path



Go to chat






share|improve this answer














I suggest all of you read the chat that is posted on comments.I couldn't fix netbeans 8.1.What I did though was to download the latest version (8.2) from the site and install it using the bash script.However after opening netbeans 8.2 I couldn't create a new project.



Then I found the folowing stack overflow question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46476470/cant-create-project-on-netbeans-8-2



In summary what I have to do was to find my netbeans.conf file and change my java_home path



Go to chat







share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited May 18 at 8:40

























answered May 18 at 7:00









Manos Kounelakis

18612




18612











  • @karel I thought I had to wait for 2 days to accept my answer
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 18 at 7:09










  • No worries: answer posted so upvoted! ;-)
    – Fabby
    May 18 at 7:36
















  • @karel I thought I had to wait for 2 days to accept my answer
    – Manos Kounelakis
    May 18 at 7:09










  • No worries: answer posted so upvoted! ;-)
    – Fabby
    May 18 at 7:36















@karel I thought I had to wait for 2 days to accept my answer
– Manos Kounelakis
May 18 at 7:09




@karel I thought I had to wait for 2 days to accept my answer
– Manos Kounelakis
May 18 at 7:09












No worries: answer posted so upvoted! ;-)
– Fabby
May 18 at 7:36




No worries: answer posted so upvoted! ;-)
– Fabby
May 18 at 7:36












 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036508%2fnetbeans-8-1-wont-make-it-past-turning-on-modules-screen%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error