Putty segmentation fault

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I have just installed PuTTY with sudo apt-get install putty command.



When I try to run it, I immediately receive Segmentation fault (core dumped) error.



How can I fix this?







share|improve this question






















  • Which version of Ubuntu?
    – SDsolar
    May 15 at 16:01










  • @SDsolar Ubuntu 17.10
    – thezin
    May 15 at 16:34














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I have just installed PuTTY with sudo apt-get install putty command.



When I try to run it, I immediately receive Segmentation fault (core dumped) error.



How can I fix this?







share|improve this question






















  • Which version of Ubuntu?
    – SDsolar
    May 15 at 16:01










  • @SDsolar Ubuntu 17.10
    – thezin
    May 15 at 16:34












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I have just installed PuTTY with sudo apt-get install putty command.



When I try to run it, I immediately receive Segmentation fault (core dumped) error.



How can I fix this?







share|improve this question














I have just installed PuTTY with sudo apt-get install putty command.



When I try to run it, I immediately receive Segmentation fault (core dumped) error.



How can I fix this?









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 16 at 0:28









SDsolar

1,33631136




1,33631136










asked May 15 at 15:24









thezin

82




82











  • Which version of Ubuntu?
    – SDsolar
    May 15 at 16:01










  • @SDsolar Ubuntu 17.10
    – thezin
    May 15 at 16:34
















  • Which version of Ubuntu?
    – SDsolar
    May 15 at 16:01










  • @SDsolar Ubuntu 17.10
    – thezin
    May 15 at 16:34















Which version of Ubuntu?
– SDsolar
May 15 at 16:01




Which version of Ubuntu?
– SDsolar
May 15 at 16:01












@SDsolar Ubuntu 17.10
– thezin
May 15 at 16:34




@SDsolar Ubuntu 17.10
– thezin
May 15 at 16:34










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote



accepted










Recommend you check the system software then retry.



Here's the procedure:



sudo apt-get remove putty


  • Open Software Updater and let it check for updates. If there are any, let it apply them, including reboots as necessary.


  • Then run it again just to make sure there are no updates to the updates.



Then go through this sequence of commands:



sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get install putty



Then try it again.




FYI, just checked the Snap Store for Putty:



https://snapcraft.io/search?q=putty



And it reports there is not a Snap version available.






share|improve this answer




















  • Thanks, got it working. The problem was that my package manager wasn't working properly due to incorrect repository names in /etc/apt/sources.list file. I also needed to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    – thezin
    May 16 at 4:59










Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036582%2fputty-segmentation-fault%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest






























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
0
down vote



accepted










Recommend you check the system software then retry.



Here's the procedure:



sudo apt-get remove putty


  • Open Software Updater and let it check for updates. If there are any, let it apply them, including reboots as necessary.


  • Then run it again just to make sure there are no updates to the updates.



Then go through this sequence of commands:



sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get install putty



Then try it again.




FYI, just checked the Snap Store for Putty:



https://snapcraft.io/search?q=putty



And it reports there is not a Snap version available.






share|improve this answer




















  • Thanks, got it working. The problem was that my package manager wasn't working properly due to incorrect repository names in /etc/apt/sources.list file. I also needed to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    – thezin
    May 16 at 4:59














up vote
0
down vote



accepted










Recommend you check the system software then retry.



Here's the procedure:



sudo apt-get remove putty


  • Open Software Updater and let it check for updates. If there are any, let it apply them, including reboots as necessary.


  • Then run it again just to make sure there are no updates to the updates.



Then go through this sequence of commands:



sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get install putty



Then try it again.




FYI, just checked the Snap Store for Putty:



https://snapcraft.io/search?q=putty



And it reports there is not a Snap version available.






share|improve this answer




















  • Thanks, got it working. The problem was that my package manager wasn't working properly due to incorrect repository names in /etc/apt/sources.list file. I also needed to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    – thezin
    May 16 at 4:59












up vote
0
down vote



accepted







up vote
0
down vote



accepted






Recommend you check the system software then retry.



Here's the procedure:



sudo apt-get remove putty


  • Open Software Updater and let it check for updates. If there are any, let it apply them, including reboots as necessary.


  • Then run it again just to make sure there are no updates to the updates.



Then go through this sequence of commands:



sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get install putty



Then try it again.




FYI, just checked the Snap Store for Putty:



https://snapcraft.io/search?q=putty



And it reports there is not a Snap version available.






share|improve this answer












Recommend you check the system software then retry.



Here's the procedure:



sudo apt-get remove putty


  • Open Software Updater and let it check for updates. If there are any, let it apply them, including reboots as necessary.


  • Then run it again just to make sure there are no updates to the updates.



Then go through this sequence of commands:



sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get install putty



Then try it again.




FYI, just checked the Snap Store for Putty:



https://snapcraft.io/search?q=putty



And it reports there is not a Snap version available.







share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered May 15 at 20:01









SDsolar

1,33631136




1,33631136











  • Thanks, got it working. The problem was that my package manager wasn't working properly due to incorrect repository names in /etc/apt/sources.list file. I also needed to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    – thezin
    May 16 at 4:59
















  • Thanks, got it working. The problem was that my package manager wasn't working properly due to incorrect repository names in /etc/apt/sources.list file. I also needed to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    – thezin
    May 16 at 4:59















Thanks, got it working. The problem was that my package manager wasn't working properly due to incorrect repository names in /etc/apt/sources.list file. I also needed to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
– thezin
May 16 at 4:59




Thanks, got it working. The problem was that my package manager wasn't working properly due to incorrect repository names in /etc/apt/sources.list file. I also needed to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
– thezin
May 16 at 4:59












 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036582%2fputty-segmentation-fault%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error