screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I recently installed a AMDGPU pro driver on my ubuntu 16.04 because of ring stalled recurrent freezes. Since then the freezes do not occur anymore. However I tried to run mendeleydesktop and doing so I get:
screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable



My graphic card is:
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde GL [FirePro W4100]



Also it's important to note that glxinfo returns: name of display: :0.0
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig



I suspect a tuning problem associated to the AMD driver but I can't figure it out and some help would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks







share|improve this question




















  • I tried to run radeon.modeset=0 but it didn't change anything
    – ChrisB
    May 22 at 0:43














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I recently installed a AMDGPU pro driver on my ubuntu 16.04 because of ring stalled recurrent freezes. Since then the freezes do not occur anymore. However I tried to run mendeleydesktop and doing so I get:
screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable



My graphic card is:
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde GL [FirePro W4100]



Also it's important to note that glxinfo returns: name of display: :0.0
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig



I suspect a tuning problem associated to the AMD driver but I can't figure it out and some help would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks







share|improve this question




















  • I tried to run radeon.modeset=0 but it didn't change anything
    – ChrisB
    May 22 at 0:43












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I recently installed a AMDGPU pro driver on my ubuntu 16.04 because of ring stalled recurrent freezes. Since then the freezes do not occur anymore. However I tried to run mendeleydesktop and doing so I get:
screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable



My graphic card is:
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde GL [FirePro W4100]



Also it's important to note that glxinfo returns: name of display: :0.0
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig



I suspect a tuning problem associated to the AMD driver but I can't figure it out and some help would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks







share|improve this question












I recently installed a AMDGPU pro driver on my ubuntu 16.04 because of ring stalled recurrent freezes. Since then the freezes do not occur anymore. However I tried to run mendeleydesktop and doing so I get:
screen 0 does not appear to be DRI2 capable



My graphic card is:
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde GL [FirePro W4100]



Also it's important to note that glxinfo returns: name of display: :0.0
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig



I suspect a tuning problem associated to the AMD driver but I can't figure it out and some help would be greatly appreciated.



Thanks









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked May 15 at 18:12









ChrisB

61




61











  • I tried to run radeon.modeset=0 but it didn't change anything
    – ChrisB
    May 22 at 0:43
















  • I tried to run radeon.modeset=0 but it didn't change anything
    – ChrisB
    May 22 at 0:43















I tried to run radeon.modeset=0 but it didn't change anything
– ChrisB
May 22 at 0:43




I tried to run radeon.modeset=0 but it didn't change anything
– ChrisB
May 22 at 0:43















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036642%2fscreen-0-does-not-appear-to-be-dri2-capable%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036642%2fscreen-0-does-not-appear-to-be-dri2-capable%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error