ubuntu 18.04, nm(Network Manager) is not able to manage network devices [duplicate]

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite













This question already has an answer here:



  • Ethernet device not managed

    3 answers



I am playing around with networking component of latest Ubuntu. I faced the above issue when I tried to manage networking devices with NM.



The command line output is



root@sankar:~# nmcli d s
DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION
eth0 ethernet unmanaged --
eth1 ethernet unmanaged --
eth2 ethernet unmanaged --
lo loopback unmanaged --


I tried couple of solutions(comment #36 and #30) given in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1638842.



Any help is highly appreciated







share|improve this question














marked as duplicate by Yaron, karel, Thomas, waltinator, Eric Carvalho Jul 18 at 14:35


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


















    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite













    This question already has an answer here:



    • Ethernet device not managed

      3 answers



    I am playing around with networking component of latest Ubuntu. I faced the above issue when I tried to manage networking devices with NM.



    The command line output is



    root@sankar:~# nmcli d s
    DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION
    eth0 ethernet unmanaged --
    eth1 ethernet unmanaged --
    eth2 ethernet unmanaged --
    lo loopback unmanaged --


    I tried couple of solutions(comment #36 and #30) given in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1638842.



    Any help is highly appreciated







    share|improve this question














    marked as duplicate by Yaron, karel, Thomas, waltinator, Eric Carvalho Jul 18 at 14:35


    This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.
















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite












      This question already has an answer here:



      • Ethernet device not managed

        3 answers



      I am playing around with networking component of latest Ubuntu. I faced the above issue when I tried to manage networking devices with NM.



      The command line output is



      root@sankar:~# nmcli d s
      DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION
      eth0 ethernet unmanaged --
      eth1 ethernet unmanaged --
      eth2 ethernet unmanaged --
      lo loopback unmanaged --


      I tried couple of solutions(comment #36 and #30) given in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1638842.



      Any help is highly appreciated







      share|improve this question















      This question already has an answer here:



      • Ethernet device not managed

        3 answers



      I am playing around with networking component of latest Ubuntu. I faced the above issue when I tried to manage networking devices with NM.



      The command line output is



      root@sankar:~# nmcli d s
      DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION
      eth0 ethernet unmanaged --
      eth1 ethernet unmanaged --
      eth2 ethernet unmanaged --
      lo loopback unmanaged --


      I tried couple of solutions(comment #36 and #30) given in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1638842.



      Any help is highly appreciated





      This question already has an answer here:



      • Ethernet device not managed

        3 answers









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited May 15 at 11:43









      Dan

      6,66334273




      6,66334273










      asked May 15 at 11:40









      JYOTHI SANKAR REDDY

      11




      11




      marked as duplicate by Yaron, karel, Thomas, waltinator, Eric Carvalho Jul 18 at 14:35


      This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






      marked as duplicate by Yaron, karel, Thomas, waltinator, Eric Carvalho Jul 18 at 14:35


      This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote













          I had this happen with an installation of Ubuntu Server 18.04 (Which uses netplan) and then adding a desktop window manager GUI (in our case, xubuntu-core^).



          No Manner of re-configuring or nmcli would make these devices managed.



          The solutions you tried were close, we found that if you follow the answer located here: Ethernet device not managed
          and note that the location of the 10-globally-managed-devices.conf is in the folder /user/lib/ you will be able to active those network devices by blanking the 10-globally-managed-devices.conf file with:



          sudo mv /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf_orig


          and



          sudo touch /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf


          And restarting network-manager or rebooting.






          share|improve this answer





























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            1
            down vote













            I had this happen with an installation of Ubuntu Server 18.04 (Which uses netplan) and then adding a desktop window manager GUI (in our case, xubuntu-core^).



            No Manner of re-configuring or nmcli would make these devices managed.



            The solutions you tried were close, we found that if you follow the answer located here: Ethernet device not managed
            and note that the location of the 10-globally-managed-devices.conf is in the folder /user/lib/ you will be able to active those network devices by blanking the 10-globally-managed-devices.conf file with:



            sudo mv /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf_orig


            and



            sudo touch /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf


            And restarting network-manager or rebooting.






            share|improve this answer


























              up vote
              1
              down vote













              I had this happen with an installation of Ubuntu Server 18.04 (Which uses netplan) and then adding a desktop window manager GUI (in our case, xubuntu-core^).



              No Manner of re-configuring or nmcli would make these devices managed.



              The solutions you tried were close, we found that if you follow the answer located here: Ethernet device not managed
              and note that the location of the 10-globally-managed-devices.conf is in the folder /user/lib/ you will be able to active those network devices by blanking the 10-globally-managed-devices.conf file with:



              sudo mv /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf_orig


              and



              sudo touch /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf


              And restarting network-manager or rebooting.






              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                1
                down vote










                up vote
                1
                down vote









                I had this happen with an installation of Ubuntu Server 18.04 (Which uses netplan) and then adding a desktop window manager GUI (in our case, xubuntu-core^).



                No Manner of re-configuring or nmcli would make these devices managed.



                The solutions you tried were close, we found that if you follow the answer located here: Ethernet device not managed
                and note that the location of the 10-globally-managed-devices.conf is in the folder /user/lib/ you will be able to active those network devices by blanking the 10-globally-managed-devices.conf file with:



                sudo mv /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf_orig


                and



                sudo touch /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf


                And restarting network-manager or rebooting.






                share|improve this answer














                I had this happen with an installation of Ubuntu Server 18.04 (Which uses netplan) and then adding a desktop window manager GUI (in our case, xubuntu-core^).



                No Manner of re-configuring or nmcli would make these devices managed.



                The solutions you tried were close, we found that if you follow the answer located here: Ethernet device not managed
                and note that the location of the 10-globally-managed-devices.conf is in the folder /user/lib/ you will be able to active those network devices by blanking the 10-globally-managed-devices.conf file with:



                sudo mv /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf_orig


                and



                sudo touch /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf


                And restarting network-manager or rebooting.







                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited Jul 19 at 4:19

























                answered Jul 17 at 19:21









                G Koe

                1765




                1765












                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error