display login page only on ssh connection

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have a device running ubuntu-16.04 LTS server edition on a embedded board used for one of my projects. I have to maintain certain requirements for security reasons like:



  1. Restrict login page for users connected directly with some display interfaces like monitor or any other projecting screens through VGA/DVI/HDMI/USB cables.


  2. display a certain splash screen instead of login page.


  3. Login should be possible through ssh connection.







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I have a device running ubuntu-16.04 LTS server edition on a embedded board used for one of my projects. I have to maintain certain requirements for security reasons like:



    1. Restrict login page for users connected directly with some display interfaces like monitor or any other projecting screens through VGA/DVI/HDMI/USB cables.


    2. display a certain splash screen instead of login page.


    3. Login should be possible through ssh connection.







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I have a device running ubuntu-16.04 LTS server edition on a embedded board used for one of my projects. I have to maintain certain requirements for security reasons like:



      1. Restrict login page for users connected directly with some display interfaces like monitor or any other projecting screens through VGA/DVI/HDMI/USB cables.


      2. display a certain splash screen instead of login page.


      3. Login should be possible through ssh connection.







      share|improve this question














      I have a device running ubuntu-16.04 LTS server edition on a embedded board used for one of my projects. I have to maintain certain requirements for security reasons like:



      1. Restrict login page for users connected directly with some display interfaces like monitor or any other projecting screens through VGA/DVI/HDMI/USB cables.


      2. display a certain splash screen instead of login page.


      3. Login should be possible through ssh connection.









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited May 15 at 14:44

























      asked May 15 at 14:03









      krishna chalise

      125313




      125313

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036548%2fdisplay-login-page-only-on-ssh-connection%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036548%2fdisplay-login-page-only-on-ssh-connection%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error