GoldenDict error while loading

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite
1












I installed goldendict, but when I tried to run it the terminal tells me:



goldendict: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Svg.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". 


I checked that libqt5svg5 and libqt5svg5-dev are both installed. How to solve the problem?
The output of apt-cache policy goldendict is



goldendict:
Installed: 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1
Candidate: 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1
Version table:
*** 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1 500
500 https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status


and I don't have Qt-related PPAs.







share|improve this question






















  • How did you install ColorDict? Did you use sudo apt install goldendict?
    – N0rbert
    May 15 at 19:11










  • I used sudo apt install goldendict to install goldendict.
    – KestrelW
    May 16 at 2:46






  • 1




    Please add output of apt-cache policy goldendict to the question). Do you have Qt-related PPAs?
    – N0rbert
    May 16 at 7:20














up vote
1
down vote

favorite
1












I installed goldendict, but when I tried to run it the terminal tells me:



goldendict: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Svg.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". 


I checked that libqt5svg5 and libqt5svg5-dev are both installed. How to solve the problem?
The output of apt-cache policy goldendict is



goldendict:
Installed: 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1
Candidate: 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1
Version table:
*** 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1 500
500 https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status


and I don't have Qt-related PPAs.







share|improve this question






















  • How did you install ColorDict? Did you use sudo apt install goldendict?
    – N0rbert
    May 15 at 19:11










  • I used sudo apt install goldendict to install goldendict.
    – KestrelW
    May 16 at 2:46






  • 1




    Please add output of apt-cache policy goldendict to the question). Do you have Qt-related PPAs?
    – N0rbert
    May 16 at 7:20












up vote
1
down vote

favorite
1









up vote
1
down vote

favorite
1






1





I installed goldendict, but when I tried to run it the terminal tells me:



goldendict: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Svg.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". 


I checked that libqt5svg5 and libqt5svg5-dev are both installed. How to solve the problem?
The output of apt-cache policy goldendict is



goldendict:
Installed: 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1
Candidate: 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1
Version table:
*** 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1 500
500 https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status


and I don't have Qt-related PPAs.







share|improve this question














I installed goldendict, but when I tried to run it the terminal tells me:



goldendict: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Svg.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". 


I checked that libqt5svg5 and libqt5svg5-dev are both installed. How to solve the problem?
The output of apt-cache policy goldendict is



goldendict:
Installed: 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1
Candidate: 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1
Version table:
*** 1.5.0~rc2+git20170908+ds-1 500
500 https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status


and I don't have Qt-related PPAs.









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 16 at 7:31

























asked May 15 at 16:36









KestrelW

326




326











  • How did you install ColorDict? Did you use sudo apt install goldendict?
    – N0rbert
    May 15 at 19:11










  • I used sudo apt install goldendict to install goldendict.
    – KestrelW
    May 16 at 2:46






  • 1




    Please add output of apt-cache policy goldendict to the question). Do you have Qt-related PPAs?
    – N0rbert
    May 16 at 7:20
















  • How did you install ColorDict? Did you use sudo apt install goldendict?
    – N0rbert
    May 15 at 19:11










  • I used sudo apt install goldendict to install goldendict.
    – KestrelW
    May 16 at 2:46






  • 1




    Please add output of apt-cache policy goldendict to the question). Do you have Qt-related PPAs?
    – N0rbert
    May 16 at 7:20















How did you install ColorDict? Did you use sudo apt install goldendict?
– N0rbert
May 15 at 19:11




How did you install ColorDict? Did you use sudo apt install goldendict?
– N0rbert
May 15 at 19:11












I used sudo apt install goldendict to install goldendict.
– KestrelW
May 16 at 2:46




I used sudo apt install goldendict to install goldendict.
– KestrelW
May 16 at 2:46




1




1




Please add output of apt-cache policy goldendict to the question). Do you have Qt-related PPAs?
– N0rbert
May 16 at 7:20




Please add output of apt-cache policy goldendict to the question). Do you have Qt-related PPAs?
– N0rbert
May 16 at 7:20















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036612%2fgoldendict-error-while-loading%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036612%2fgoldendict-error-while-loading%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error