No wifi adapter - Qualcom Atheros - Acer Aspire E 14

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I am using ubuntu 18.04 Live version in my acer laptop. Whenever I try to connect to wifi i get the message "No wifi adapter found".
I tried this but it only lists bluetooth ( at first bluetooth didn't work either. It seems to be woking now).



sudo rfkill list all
0: hci0: Bluetooth
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no


This probably is the kernel version.



uname -r
4.15.0-20-generic


Adapter:



lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net; dmesg | grep ath10k
01:00.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 12)
Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [1025:0975]
Kernel driver in use: r8169
Kernel modules: r8169
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [168c:0042] (rev 31)
Subsystem: Lite-On Communications Inc QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [11ad:08a6]
Kernel modules: ath10k_pci
[ 5571.844941] ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: failed to iomap BAR0
[ 5571.845067] ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: failed to claim device: -5
[ 5571.852603] ath10k_pci: probe of 0000:02:00.0 failed with error -5


What should I do to fix it?







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I am using ubuntu 18.04 Live version in my acer laptop. Whenever I try to connect to wifi i get the message "No wifi adapter found".
    I tried this but it only lists bluetooth ( at first bluetooth didn't work either. It seems to be woking now).



    sudo rfkill list all
    0: hci0: Bluetooth
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: no


    This probably is the kernel version.



    uname -r
    4.15.0-20-generic


    Adapter:



    lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net; dmesg | grep ath10k
    01:00.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 12)
    Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [1025:0975]
    Kernel driver in use: r8169
    Kernel modules: r8169
    02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [168c:0042] (rev 31)
    Subsystem: Lite-On Communications Inc QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [11ad:08a6]
    Kernel modules: ath10k_pci
    [ 5571.844941] ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: failed to iomap BAR0
    [ 5571.845067] ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: failed to claim device: -5
    [ 5571.852603] ath10k_pci: probe of 0000:02:00.0 failed with error -5


    What should I do to fix it?







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I am using ubuntu 18.04 Live version in my acer laptop. Whenever I try to connect to wifi i get the message "No wifi adapter found".
      I tried this but it only lists bluetooth ( at first bluetooth didn't work either. It seems to be woking now).



      sudo rfkill list all
      0: hci0: Bluetooth
      Soft blocked: no
      Hard blocked: no


      This probably is the kernel version.



      uname -r
      4.15.0-20-generic


      Adapter:



      lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net; dmesg | grep ath10k
      01:00.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 12)
      Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [1025:0975]
      Kernel driver in use: r8169
      Kernel modules: r8169
      02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [168c:0042] (rev 31)
      Subsystem: Lite-On Communications Inc QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [11ad:08a6]
      Kernel modules: ath10k_pci
      [ 5571.844941] ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: failed to iomap BAR0
      [ 5571.845067] ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: failed to claim device: -5
      [ 5571.852603] ath10k_pci: probe of 0000:02:00.0 failed with error -5


      What should I do to fix it?







      share|improve this question












      I am using ubuntu 18.04 Live version in my acer laptop. Whenever I try to connect to wifi i get the message "No wifi adapter found".
      I tried this but it only lists bluetooth ( at first bluetooth didn't work either. It seems to be woking now).



      sudo rfkill list all
      0: hci0: Bluetooth
      Soft blocked: no
      Hard blocked: no


      This probably is the kernel version.



      uname -r
      4.15.0-20-generic


      Adapter:



      lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net; dmesg | grep ath10k
      01:00.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [10ec:8168] (rev 12)
      Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller [1025:0975]
      Kernel driver in use: r8169
      Kernel modules: r8169
      02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [168c:0042] (rev 31)
      Subsystem: Lite-On Communications Inc QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [11ad:08a6]
      Kernel modules: ath10k_pci
      [ 5571.844941] ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: failed to iomap BAR0
      [ 5571.845067] ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: failed to claim device: -5
      [ 5571.852603] ath10k_pci: probe of 0000:02:00.0 failed with error -5


      What should I do to fix it?









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 15 at 15:33









      ddgSavior

      11




      11

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036586%2fno-wifi-adapter-qualcom-atheros-acer-aspire-e-14%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1036586%2fno-wifi-adapter-qualcom-atheros-acer-aspire-e-14%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error