Wake from suspend issues

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite
1












I'm running 18.04 and am having problems waking from suspend. When I open the lid, a TTY session is opened and the following is displayed:



[drm:intel_display_resume [i915]] *ERROR* Restoring old state failed with -22


Sometimes, no TTY is displayed and the screen remains blank.







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite
    1












    I'm running 18.04 and am having problems waking from suspend. When I open the lid, a TTY session is opened and the following is displayed:



    [drm:intel_display_resume [i915]] *ERROR* Restoring old state failed with -22


    Sometimes, no TTY is displayed and the screen remains blank.







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite
      1









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite
      1






      1





      I'm running 18.04 and am having problems waking from suspend. When I open the lid, a TTY session is opened and the following is displayed:



      [drm:intel_display_resume [i915]] *ERROR* Restoring old state failed with -22


      Sometimes, no TTY is displayed and the screen remains blank.







      share|improve this question












      I'm running 18.04 and am having problems waking from suspend. When I open the lid, a TTY session is opened and the following is displayed:



      [drm:intel_display_resume [i915]] *ERROR* Restoring old state failed with -22


      Sometimes, no TTY is displayed and the screen remains blank.









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 19 at 22:59









      Andy Turfer

      653510




      653510




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          Out of curiosity, do you use a thinkpad x1 carbon gen6 ? I am ashamed to say, I won't most likely be able to help you because I am brand new to Ubuntu. But before installing it on my laptop, I did massive research to know what to expect and ran into a few posts about suspend on the archwiki and lenovo's forums. Maybe you have the same issue.






          share|improve this answer




















          • No, this isn't on a ThinkPad. It's a Revo P65_P67RGRERA. It is, however, a 6th gen Intel CPU: core i7-6820HK.
            – Andy Turfer
            May 20 at 13:54











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038221%2fwake-from-suspend-issues%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          0
          down vote













          Out of curiosity, do you use a thinkpad x1 carbon gen6 ? I am ashamed to say, I won't most likely be able to help you because I am brand new to Ubuntu. But before installing it on my laptop, I did massive research to know what to expect and ran into a few posts about suspend on the archwiki and lenovo's forums. Maybe you have the same issue.






          share|improve this answer




















          • No, this isn't on a ThinkPad. It's a Revo P65_P67RGRERA. It is, however, a 6th gen Intel CPU: core i7-6820HK.
            – Andy Turfer
            May 20 at 13:54















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          Out of curiosity, do you use a thinkpad x1 carbon gen6 ? I am ashamed to say, I won't most likely be able to help you because I am brand new to Ubuntu. But before installing it on my laptop, I did massive research to know what to expect and ran into a few posts about suspend on the archwiki and lenovo's forums. Maybe you have the same issue.






          share|improve this answer




















          • No, this isn't on a ThinkPad. It's a Revo P65_P67RGRERA. It is, however, a 6th gen Intel CPU: core i7-6820HK.
            – Andy Turfer
            May 20 at 13:54













          up vote
          0
          down vote










          up vote
          0
          down vote









          Out of curiosity, do you use a thinkpad x1 carbon gen6 ? I am ashamed to say, I won't most likely be able to help you because I am brand new to Ubuntu. But before installing it on my laptop, I did massive research to know what to expect and ran into a few posts about suspend on the archwiki and lenovo's forums. Maybe you have the same issue.






          share|improve this answer












          Out of curiosity, do you use a thinkpad x1 carbon gen6 ? I am ashamed to say, I won't most likely be able to help you because I am brand new to Ubuntu. But before installing it on my laptop, I did massive research to know what to expect and ran into a few posts about suspend on the archwiki and lenovo's forums. Maybe you have the same issue.







          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered May 20 at 0:23









          Nick Schwaller

          112




          112











          • No, this isn't on a ThinkPad. It's a Revo P65_P67RGRERA. It is, however, a 6th gen Intel CPU: core i7-6820HK.
            – Andy Turfer
            May 20 at 13:54

















          • No, this isn't on a ThinkPad. It's a Revo P65_P67RGRERA. It is, however, a 6th gen Intel CPU: core i7-6820HK.
            – Andy Turfer
            May 20 at 13:54
















          No, this isn't on a ThinkPad. It's a Revo P65_P67RGRERA. It is, however, a 6th gen Intel CPU: core i7-6820HK.
          – Andy Turfer
          May 20 at 13:54





          No, this isn't on a ThinkPad. It's a Revo P65_P67RGRERA. It is, however, a 6th gen Intel CPU: core i7-6820HK.
          – Andy Turfer
          May 20 at 13:54













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038221%2fwake-from-suspend-issues%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error