Ubunutu 18.04 UEFI Partition Windows 10

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have bought a dell xps 9370 with Windows 10 pre-installed. I am trying to install Ubuntu 18.04 alongside. I have created a bootable USB, and an extra partition which is now unallocated space. I have tried all methods but still the installation doesn't detect the unallocated partition.



My HDD is GPT, and I booted into install Ubuntu from the UEFI list. I have created the USB once with OSx and once with Windows still no luck.







share|improve this question


















  • 1




    Dell often has drive set to RAID, not AHCI. But if you change first install AHCI driver in Windows. Many also have had to update UEFI. Similar model? askubuntu.com/questions/696413/… & askubuntu.com/questions/867488/…
    – oldfred
    May 21 at 18:07










  • this did the trick thanks dude :)
    – OdinRW
    May 21 at 20:02














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have bought a dell xps 9370 with Windows 10 pre-installed. I am trying to install Ubuntu 18.04 alongside. I have created a bootable USB, and an extra partition which is now unallocated space. I have tried all methods but still the installation doesn't detect the unallocated partition.



My HDD is GPT, and I booted into install Ubuntu from the UEFI list. I have created the USB once with OSx and once with Windows still no luck.







share|improve this question


















  • 1




    Dell often has drive set to RAID, not AHCI. But if you change first install AHCI driver in Windows. Many also have had to update UEFI. Similar model? askubuntu.com/questions/696413/… & askubuntu.com/questions/867488/…
    – oldfred
    May 21 at 18:07










  • this did the trick thanks dude :)
    – OdinRW
    May 21 at 20:02












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I have bought a dell xps 9370 with Windows 10 pre-installed. I am trying to install Ubuntu 18.04 alongside. I have created a bootable USB, and an extra partition which is now unallocated space. I have tried all methods but still the installation doesn't detect the unallocated partition.



My HDD is GPT, and I booted into install Ubuntu from the UEFI list. I have created the USB once with OSx and once with Windows still no luck.







share|improve this question














I have bought a dell xps 9370 with Windows 10 pre-installed. I am trying to install Ubuntu 18.04 alongside. I have created a bootable USB, and an extra partition which is now unallocated space. I have tried all methods but still the installation doesn't detect the unallocated partition.



My HDD is GPT, and I booted into install Ubuntu from the UEFI list. I have created the USB once with OSx and once with Windows still no luck.









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 21 at 19:35









mook765

2,8052717




2,8052717










asked May 21 at 16:52









OdinRW

474212




474212







  • 1




    Dell often has drive set to RAID, not AHCI. But if you change first install AHCI driver in Windows. Many also have had to update UEFI. Similar model? askubuntu.com/questions/696413/… & askubuntu.com/questions/867488/…
    – oldfred
    May 21 at 18:07










  • this did the trick thanks dude :)
    – OdinRW
    May 21 at 20:02












  • 1




    Dell often has drive set to RAID, not AHCI. But if you change first install AHCI driver in Windows. Many also have had to update UEFI. Similar model? askubuntu.com/questions/696413/… & askubuntu.com/questions/867488/…
    – oldfred
    May 21 at 18:07










  • this did the trick thanks dude :)
    – OdinRW
    May 21 at 20:02







1




1




Dell often has drive set to RAID, not AHCI. But if you change first install AHCI driver in Windows. Many also have had to update UEFI. Similar model? askubuntu.com/questions/696413/… & askubuntu.com/questions/867488/…
– oldfred
May 21 at 18:07




Dell often has drive set to RAID, not AHCI. But if you change first install AHCI driver in Windows. Many also have had to update UEFI. Similar model? askubuntu.com/questions/696413/… & askubuntu.com/questions/867488/…
– oldfred
May 21 at 18:07












this did the trick thanks dude :)
– OdinRW
May 21 at 20:02




this did the trick thanks dude :)
– OdinRW
May 21 at 20:02















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038766%2fubunutu-18-04-uefi-partition-windows-10%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038766%2fubunutu-18-04-uefi-partition-windows-10%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error