Android games on ubuntu

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I just started using Ubuntu recently. Is there a way to run Microsoft games in Ubuntu. I referred to the solutions in Ubuntu forums but couldn't find an easy working solution. Now, I have to switch between Ubuntu and Windows every time I want to play a game.



Note: I am looking for March of empires running on Windows. Not an Android game emulator!







share|improve this question


















  • 1




    Are there some specific games you are looking for?
    – CS13
    May 21 at 10:32






  • 2




    Android? Microsoft? Do you mean Microsoft's Android games?
    – muru
    May 21 at 10:33










  • Yes, march of the empires
    – Steve
    May 21 at 10:34






  • 1




    Possible duplicate of Can I run Android apps on Ubuntu?
    – muru
    May 21 at 10:34






  • 1




    Possible duplicate of How can I install Windows software or games?
    – karel
    May 21 at 11:49














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I just started using Ubuntu recently. Is there a way to run Microsoft games in Ubuntu. I referred to the solutions in Ubuntu forums but couldn't find an easy working solution. Now, I have to switch between Ubuntu and Windows every time I want to play a game.



Note: I am looking for March of empires running on Windows. Not an Android game emulator!







share|improve this question


















  • 1




    Are there some specific games you are looking for?
    – CS13
    May 21 at 10:32






  • 2




    Android? Microsoft? Do you mean Microsoft's Android games?
    – muru
    May 21 at 10:33










  • Yes, march of the empires
    – Steve
    May 21 at 10:34






  • 1




    Possible duplicate of Can I run Android apps on Ubuntu?
    – muru
    May 21 at 10:34






  • 1




    Possible duplicate of How can I install Windows software or games?
    – karel
    May 21 at 11:49












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I just started using Ubuntu recently. Is there a way to run Microsoft games in Ubuntu. I referred to the solutions in Ubuntu forums but couldn't find an easy working solution. Now, I have to switch between Ubuntu and Windows every time I want to play a game.



Note: I am looking for March of empires running on Windows. Not an Android game emulator!







share|improve this question














I just started using Ubuntu recently. Is there a way to run Microsoft games in Ubuntu. I referred to the solutions in Ubuntu forums but couldn't find an easy working solution. Now, I have to switch between Ubuntu and Windows every time I want to play a game.



Note: I am looking for March of empires running on Windows. Not an Android game emulator!









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 21 at 10:58

























asked May 21 at 10:30









Steve

314




314







  • 1




    Are there some specific games you are looking for?
    – CS13
    May 21 at 10:32






  • 2




    Android? Microsoft? Do you mean Microsoft's Android games?
    – muru
    May 21 at 10:33










  • Yes, march of the empires
    – Steve
    May 21 at 10:34






  • 1




    Possible duplicate of Can I run Android apps on Ubuntu?
    – muru
    May 21 at 10:34






  • 1




    Possible duplicate of How can I install Windows software or games?
    – karel
    May 21 at 11:49












  • 1




    Are there some specific games you are looking for?
    – CS13
    May 21 at 10:32






  • 2




    Android? Microsoft? Do you mean Microsoft's Android games?
    – muru
    May 21 at 10:33










  • Yes, march of the empires
    – Steve
    May 21 at 10:34






  • 1




    Possible duplicate of Can I run Android apps on Ubuntu?
    – muru
    May 21 at 10:34






  • 1




    Possible duplicate of How can I install Windows software or games?
    – karel
    May 21 at 11:49







1




1




Are there some specific games you are looking for?
– CS13
May 21 at 10:32




Are there some specific games you are looking for?
– CS13
May 21 at 10:32




2




2




Android? Microsoft? Do you mean Microsoft's Android games?
– muru
May 21 at 10:33




Android? Microsoft? Do you mean Microsoft's Android games?
– muru
May 21 at 10:33












Yes, march of the empires
– Steve
May 21 at 10:34




Yes, march of the empires
– Steve
May 21 at 10:34




1




1




Possible duplicate of Can I run Android apps on Ubuntu?
– muru
May 21 at 10:34




Possible duplicate of Can I run Android apps on Ubuntu?
– muru
May 21 at 10:34




1




1




Possible duplicate of How can I install Windows software or games?
– karel
May 21 at 11:49




Possible duplicate of How can I install Windows software or games?
– karel
May 21 at 11:49










2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote



accepted










There are a few ways to run such games on Ubuntu. One way should be to use emulators like steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/702320/March_of_Empires/



Still, since you are looking for an easy solution, the best will be to run Windows from Ubuntu. Follow these steps: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18768/run-windows-in-ubuntu-with-vmware-player/






share|improve this answer



























    up vote
    0
    down vote













    If you're looking specifically to run Android apps on Ubuntu, you can try Anbox. Bear in mind that it is still in alpha stage, though.






    share|improve this answer




















      Your Answer







      StackExchange.ready(function()
      var channelOptions =
      tags: "".split(" "),
      id: "89"
      ;
      initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

      StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
      // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
      if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
      StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
      createEditor();
      );

      else
      createEditor();

      );

      function createEditor()
      StackExchange.prepareEditor(
      heartbeatType: 'answer',
      convertImagesToLinks: true,
      noModals: false,
      showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
      reputationToPostImages: 10,
      bindNavPrevention: true,
      postfix: "",
      onDemand: true,
      discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
      ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
      );



      );








       

      draft saved


      draft discarded


















      StackExchange.ready(
      function ()
      StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038647%2fandroid-games-on-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

      );

      Post as a guest






























      2 Answers
      2






      active

      oldest

      votes








      2 Answers
      2






      active

      oldest

      votes









      active

      oldest

      votes






      active

      oldest

      votes








      up vote
      0
      down vote



      accepted










      There are a few ways to run such games on Ubuntu. One way should be to use emulators like steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/702320/March_of_Empires/



      Still, since you are looking for an easy solution, the best will be to run Windows from Ubuntu. Follow these steps: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18768/run-windows-in-ubuntu-with-vmware-player/






      share|improve this answer
























        up vote
        0
        down vote



        accepted










        There are a few ways to run such games on Ubuntu. One way should be to use emulators like steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/702320/March_of_Empires/



        Still, since you are looking for an easy solution, the best will be to run Windows from Ubuntu. Follow these steps: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18768/run-windows-in-ubuntu-with-vmware-player/






        share|improve this answer






















          up vote
          0
          down vote



          accepted







          up vote
          0
          down vote



          accepted






          There are a few ways to run such games on Ubuntu. One way should be to use emulators like steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/702320/March_of_Empires/



          Still, since you are looking for an easy solution, the best will be to run Windows from Ubuntu. Follow these steps: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18768/run-windows-in-ubuntu-with-vmware-player/






          share|improve this answer












          There are a few ways to run such games on Ubuntu. One way should be to use emulators like steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/702320/March_of_Empires/



          Still, since you are looking for an easy solution, the best will be to run Windows from Ubuntu. Follow these steps: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18768/run-windows-in-ubuntu-with-vmware-player/







          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered May 21 at 10:49









          CS13

          1288




          1288






















              up vote
              0
              down vote













              If you're looking specifically to run Android apps on Ubuntu, you can try Anbox. Bear in mind that it is still in alpha stage, though.






              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                0
                down vote













                If you're looking specifically to run Android apps on Ubuntu, you can try Anbox. Bear in mind that it is still in alpha stage, though.






                share|improve this answer






















                  up vote
                  0
                  down vote










                  up vote
                  0
                  down vote









                  If you're looking specifically to run Android apps on Ubuntu, you can try Anbox. Bear in mind that it is still in alpha stage, though.






                  share|improve this answer












                  If you're looking specifically to run Android apps on Ubuntu, you can try Anbox. Bear in mind that it is still in alpha stage, though.







                  share|improve this answer












                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer










                  answered May 21 at 10:56









                  hiigaran

                  762119




                  762119






















                       

                      draft saved


                      draft discarded


























                       


                      draft saved


                      draft discarded














                      StackExchange.ready(
                      function ()
                      StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038647%2fandroid-games-on-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                      );

                      Post as a guest













































































                      Popular posts from this blog

                      Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                      How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                      Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error