Errors trying to install mariadb on Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver)

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I run the following and get these error messages:



sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt install mariadb-server mariadb-client

Configuration file '/etc/mysql/debian-start' ==> Deleted (by you or by a script) since installation. ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version. What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
Y or I : install the package maintainer's version
N or O : keep your currently-installed version
D : show the differences between the versions
Z : start a shell to examine the situation The default action is to keep your current version.


(I chose 'I')



Installing new version of config file /etc/mysql/debian-start ... dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server-10.1 (--configure): installed mariadb-server-10.1 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1 dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mariadb-server: mariadb-server depends on mariadb-server-10.1 (>= 1:10.1.29-6); however: Package mariadb-server-10.1 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ... No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-20) ... Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10) ... Errors were encountered while processing: mariadb-server-10.1 mariadb-server E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)


I've also tried installing mysql and have other problems. I read that mariadb is now preferred. What's wrong? Everything else on this installation works perfectly, but so far I haven't been able to get this to work.







share|improve this question


























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I run the following and get these error messages:



    sudo apt update
    sudo apt upgrade
    sudo apt install mariadb-server mariadb-client

    Configuration file '/etc/mysql/debian-start' ==> Deleted (by you or by a script) since installation. ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version. What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
    Y or I : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O : keep your currently-installed version
    D : show the differences between the versions
    Z : start a shell to examine the situation The default action is to keep your current version.


    (I chose 'I')



    Installing new version of config file /etc/mysql/debian-start ... dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server-10.1 (--configure): installed mariadb-server-10.1 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1 dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mariadb-server: mariadb-server depends on mariadb-server-10.1 (>= 1:10.1.29-6); however: Package mariadb-server-10.1 is not configured yet.

    dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ... No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
    Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-20) ... Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10) ... Errors were encountered while processing: mariadb-server-10.1 mariadb-server E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)


    I've also tried installing mysql and have other problems. I read that mariadb is now preferred. What's wrong? Everything else on this installation works perfectly, but so far I haven't been able to get this to work.







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I run the following and get these error messages:



      sudo apt update
      sudo apt upgrade
      sudo apt install mariadb-server mariadb-client

      Configuration file '/etc/mysql/debian-start' ==> Deleted (by you or by a script) since installation. ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version. What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
      Y or I : install the package maintainer's version
      N or O : keep your currently-installed version
      D : show the differences between the versions
      Z : start a shell to examine the situation The default action is to keep your current version.


      (I chose 'I')



      Installing new version of config file /etc/mysql/debian-start ... dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server-10.1 (--configure): installed mariadb-server-10.1 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1 dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mariadb-server: mariadb-server depends on mariadb-server-10.1 (>= 1:10.1.29-6); however: Package mariadb-server-10.1 is not configured yet.

      dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ... No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
      Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-20) ... Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10) ... Errors were encountered while processing: mariadb-server-10.1 mariadb-server E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)


      I've also tried installing mysql and have other problems. I read that mariadb is now preferred. What's wrong? Everything else on this installation works perfectly, but so far I haven't been able to get this to work.







      share|improve this question














      I run the following and get these error messages:



      sudo apt update
      sudo apt upgrade
      sudo apt install mariadb-server mariadb-client

      Configuration file '/etc/mysql/debian-start' ==> Deleted (by you or by a script) since installation. ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version. What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
      Y or I : install the package maintainer's version
      N or O : keep your currently-installed version
      D : show the differences between the versions
      Z : start a shell to examine the situation The default action is to keep your current version.


      (I chose 'I')



      Installing new version of config file /etc/mysql/debian-start ... dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server-10.1 (--configure): installed mariadb-server-10.1 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1 dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mariadb-server: mariadb-server depends on mariadb-server-10.1 (>= 1:10.1.29-6); however: Package mariadb-server-10.1 is not configured yet.

      dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ... No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
      Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-20) ... Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10) ... Errors were encountered while processing: mariadb-server-10.1 mariadb-server E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)


      I've also tried installing mysql and have other problems. I read that mariadb is now preferred. What's wrong? Everything else on this installation works perfectly, but so far I haven't been able to get this to work.









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited May 20 at 20:11









      Eskander Bejaoui

      1,0041619




      1,0041619










      asked May 20 at 11:20









      user292344

      11




      11

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038353%2ferrors-trying-to-install-mariadb-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038353%2ferrors-trying-to-install-mariadb-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error