External Hard Drive - “You Do Not Have The Necessary Permissions To View This Hard Drive”

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Machine: Asus N550jv-db72t Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS type 64-bit Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz x8 Intel Hasell Mobile 976.0



Basically I connect the external HD via USB and attempt to open it and it tells me i dont have the necessary permissions to view the contents of this hard drive. looked in properties and says I am not the owner which is a little irritating given that I paid for the thing and am the owner.







share|improve this question




















  • Edit your question and include the output of cat /etc/mtab and sudo fdisk -l
    – Carl H
    May 21 at 13:31














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












Machine: Asus N550jv-db72t Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS type 64-bit Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz x8 Intel Hasell Mobile 976.0



Basically I connect the external HD via USB and attempt to open it and it tells me i dont have the necessary permissions to view the contents of this hard drive. looked in properties and says I am not the owner which is a little irritating given that I paid for the thing and am the owner.







share|improve this question




















  • Edit your question and include the output of cat /etc/mtab and sudo fdisk -l
    – Carl H
    May 21 at 13:31












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











Machine: Asus N550jv-db72t Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS type 64-bit Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz x8 Intel Hasell Mobile 976.0



Basically I connect the external HD via USB and attempt to open it and it tells me i dont have the necessary permissions to view the contents of this hard drive. looked in properties and says I am not the owner which is a little irritating given that I paid for the thing and am the owner.







share|improve this question












Machine: Asus N550jv-db72t Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS type 64-bit Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz x8 Intel Hasell Mobile 976.0



Basically I connect the external HD via USB and attempt to open it and it tells me i dont have the necessary permissions to view the contents of this hard drive. looked in properties and says I am not the owner which is a little irritating given that I paid for the thing and am the owner.









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked May 21 at 13:27









Kyle Rutherford

1




1











  • Edit your question and include the output of cat /etc/mtab and sudo fdisk -l
    – Carl H
    May 21 at 13:31
















  • Edit your question and include the output of cat /etc/mtab and sudo fdisk -l
    – Carl H
    May 21 at 13:31















Edit your question and include the output of cat /etc/mtab and sudo fdisk -l
– Carl H
May 21 at 13:31




Edit your question and include the output of cat /etc/mtab and sudo fdisk -l
– Carl H
May 21 at 13:31















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038709%2fexternal-hard-drive-you-do-not-have-the-necessary-permissions-to-view-this-ha%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038709%2fexternal-hard-drive-you-do-not-have-the-necessary-permissions-to-view-this-ha%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error