How can install vlc 2.1.6 on ubuntu 16.04lts

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I want to install vlc 2.1.6 on Ubuntu16.04.Can you help me ?
The reason is explained in
unsupported codec: mp3
. I dont have this problem When I used vlc2.1.6 on ubuntu 14.04.







share|improve this question






















  • Do you need 2.1.6 or 2.1.6 or newer? In the latter case snapcraft.io/vlc
    – Bruni
    May 21 at 14:11







  • 3




    Ubuntu 16.04 comes with VLC 2.2.2 in its official repositories. Any reason why you would need that specific older version?
    – Byte Commander
    May 21 at 14:11










  • @Bruni I only need version 2.1.6
    – sana
    May 21 at 14:16










  • @ByteCommander vlc 2.2.2 or newer on my ubuntu 16.04 unsupported mp3 codec .
    – sana
    May 21 at 14:20















up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I want to install vlc 2.1.6 on Ubuntu16.04.Can you help me ?
The reason is explained in
unsupported codec: mp3
. I dont have this problem When I used vlc2.1.6 on ubuntu 14.04.







share|improve this question






















  • Do you need 2.1.6 or 2.1.6 or newer? In the latter case snapcraft.io/vlc
    – Bruni
    May 21 at 14:11







  • 3




    Ubuntu 16.04 comes with VLC 2.2.2 in its official repositories. Any reason why you would need that specific older version?
    – Byte Commander
    May 21 at 14:11










  • @Bruni I only need version 2.1.6
    – sana
    May 21 at 14:16










  • @ByteCommander vlc 2.2.2 or newer on my ubuntu 16.04 unsupported mp3 codec .
    – sana
    May 21 at 14:20













up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I want to install vlc 2.1.6 on Ubuntu16.04.Can you help me ?
The reason is explained in
unsupported codec: mp3
. I dont have this problem When I used vlc2.1.6 on ubuntu 14.04.







share|improve this question














I want to install vlc 2.1.6 on Ubuntu16.04.Can you help me ?
The reason is explained in
unsupported codec: mp3
. I dont have this problem When I used vlc2.1.6 on ubuntu 14.04.









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 21 at 14:42

























asked May 21 at 14:09









sana

78110




78110











  • Do you need 2.1.6 or 2.1.6 or newer? In the latter case snapcraft.io/vlc
    – Bruni
    May 21 at 14:11







  • 3




    Ubuntu 16.04 comes with VLC 2.2.2 in its official repositories. Any reason why you would need that specific older version?
    – Byte Commander
    May 21 at 14:11










  • @Bruni I only need version 2.1.6
    – sana
    May 21 at 14:16










  • @ByteCommander vlc 2.2.2 or newer on my ubuntu 16.04 unsupported mp3 codec .
    – sana
    May 21 at 14:20

















  • Do you need 2.1.6 or 2.1.6 or newer? In the latter case snapcraft.io/vlc
    – Bruni
    May 21 at 14:11







  • 3




    Ubuntu 16.04 comes with VLC 2.2.2 in its official repositories. Any reason why you would need that specific older version?
    – Byte Commander
    May 21 at 14:11










  • @Bruni I only need version 2.1.6
    – sana
    May 21 at 14:16










  • @ByteCommander vlc 2.2.2 or newer on my ubuntu 16.04 unsupported mp3 codec .
    – sana
    May 21 at 14:20
















Do you need 2.1.6 or 2.1.6 or newer? In the latter case snapcraft.io/vlc
– Bruni
May 21 at 14:11





Do you need 2.1.6 or 2.1.6 or newer? In the latter case snapcraft.io/vlc
– Bruni
May 21 at 14:11





3




3




Ubuntu 16.04 comes with VLC 2.2.2 in its official repositories. Any reason why you would need that specific older version?
– Byte Commander
May 21 at 14:11




Ubuntu 16.04 comes with VLC 2.2.2 in its official repositories. Any reason why you would need that specific older version?
– Byte Commander
May 21 at 14:11












@Bruni I only need version 2.1.6
– sana
May 21 at 14:16




@Bruni I only need version 2.1.6
– sana
May 21 at 14:16












@ByteCommander vlc 2.2.2 or newer on my ubuntu 16.04 unsupported mp3 codec .
– sana
May 21 at 14:20





@ByteCommander vlc 2.2.2 or newer on my ubuntu 16.04 unsupported mp3 codec .
– sana
May 21 at 14:20











1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
0
down vote













You can find the version that you are looking for here .

Download it (vlc-2.1.6.tar.xz), extract it, enter to the extracted folder then you can install it and its plugins by typing: make install. You an find more information in the INSTALL file.






share|improve this answer




















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );








     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038726%2fhow-can-install-vlc-2-1-6-on-ubuntu-16-04lts%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    0
    down vote













    You can find the version that you are looking for here .

    Download it (vlc-2.1.6.tar.xz), extract it, enter to the extracted folder then you can install it and its plugins by typing: make install. You an find more information in the INSTALL file.






    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      0
      down vote













      You can find the version that you are looking for here .

      Download it (vlc-2.1.6.tar.xz), extract it, enter to the extracted folder then you can install it and its plugins by typing: make install. You an find more information in the INSTALL file.






      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        0
        down vote










        up vote
        0
        down vote









        You can find the version that you are looking for here .

        Download it (vlc-2.1.6.tar.xz), extract it, enter to the extracted folder then you can install it and its plugins by typing: make install. You an find more information in the INSTALL file.






        share|improve this answer












        You can find the version that you are looking for here .

        Download it (vlc-2.1.6.tar.xz), extract it, enter to the extracted folder then you can install it and its plugins by typing: make install. You an find more information in the INSTALL file.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered May 21 at 14:55









        singrium

        614113




        614113






















             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


























             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038726%2fhow-can-install-vlc-2-1-6-on-ubuntu-16-04lts%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error