Not able to kill a jackdbus

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I was trying to install jackd and the installation with apt gave two commands: jackd and jackdbus. I tried to execute jackdbus and it ran in the console. When I tried to terminate it by Ctrl+C, it is not getting killed. I also tried killall jackdbus but it has not effect at all. How can I kill it? Please help.







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I was trying to install jackd and the installation with apt gave two commands: jackd and jackdbus. I tried to execute jackdbus and it ran in the console. When I tried to terminate it by Ctrl+C, it is not getting killed. I also tried killall jackdbus but it has not effect at all. How can I kill it? Please help.







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I was trying to install jackd and the installation with apt gave two commands: jackd and jackdbus. I tried to execute jackdbus and it ran in the console. When I tried to terminate it by Ctrl+C, it is not getting killed. I also tried killall jackdbus but it has not effect at all. How can I kill it? Please help.







      share|improve this question












      I was trying to install jackd and the installation with apt gave two commands: jackd and jackdbus. I tried to execute jackdbus and it ran in the console. When I tried to terminate it by Ctrl+C, it is not getting killed. I also tried killall jackdbus but it has not effect at all. How can I kill it? Please help.









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 21 at 13:59









      Linta

      51




      51




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote



          accepted










          You may use kill -9 <pid> to kill the process. killall <processname> sends only SIGTERM to all the processes.



          You need to send SIGKILL and for that first find <pid> using ps -ae | grep '<processname>'. Then issue the above mentioned kill command for all the processes that are listed by ps command.






          share|improve this answer




















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );








             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038722%2fnot-able-to-kill-a-jackdbus%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            1
            down vote



            accepted










            You may use kill -9 <pid> to kill the process. killall <processname> sends only SIGTERM to all the processes.



            You need to send SIGKILL and for that first find <pid> using ps -ae | grep '<processname>'. Then issue the above mentioned kill command for all the processes that are listed by ps command.






            share|improve this answer
























              up vote
              1
              down vote



              accepted










              You may use kill -9 <pid> to kill the process. killall <processname> sends only SIGTERM to all the processes.



              You need to send SIGKILL and for that first find <pid> using ps -ae | grep '<processname>'. Then issue the above mentioned kill command for all the processes that are listed by ps command.






              share|improve this answer






















                up vote
                1
                down vote



                accepted







                up vote
                1
                down vote



                accepted






                You may use kill -9 <pid> to kill the process. killall <processname> sends only SIGTERM to all the processes.



                You need to send SIGKILL and for that first find <pid> using ps -ae | grep '<processname>'. Then issue the above mentioned kill command for all the processes that are listed by ps command.






                share|improve this answer












                You may use kill -9 <pid> to kill the process. killall <processname> sends only SIGTERM to all the processes.



                You need to send SIGKILL and for that first find <pid> using ps -ae | grep '<processname>'. Then issue the above mentioned kill command for all the processes that are listed by ps command.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered May 21 at 14:06









                CS13

                1288




                1288






















                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded


























                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038722%2fnot-able-to-kill-a-jackdbus%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error