18.04 apt-get libglfw-dev no installation candidate

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04. When I try sudo apt-get install libglfw-dev then I get this error: E: Package 'libglfw-dev' has no installation candidate. Was this package removed in 18.04?







share|improve this question
















  • 4




    What about libglfw3-dev?
    – dsstorefile1
    May 21 at 18:50










  • Does this solve your problem?
    – singrium
    May 21 at 18:51






  • 1




    @Joe Bedard, please always use apt-cache search [name] (or part of name) to decide the actual package name. Or use the on-line search packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libglfw&searchon=names
    – Knud Larsen
    May 21 at 21:21










  • That solved my problem. Thank you!
    – Joe Bedard
    May 24 at 7:36










  • @Knud: If I had posted this, it'd be worth and answer!
    – BaldEagle
    Jun 24 at 16:06














up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04. When I try sudo apt-get install libglfw-dev then I get this error: E: Package 'libglfw-dev' has no installation candidate. Was this package removed in 18.04?







share|improve this question
















  • 4




    What about libglfw3-dev?
    – dsstorefile1
    May 21 at 18:50










  • Does this solve your problem?
    – singrium
    May 21 at 18:51






  • 1




    @Joe Bedard, please always use apt-cache search [name] (or part of name) to decide the actual package name. Or use the on-line search packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libglfw&searchon=names
    – Knud Larsen
    May 21 at 21:21










  • That solved my problem. Thank you!
    – Joe Bedard
    May 24 at 7:36










  • @Knud: If I had posted this, it'd be worth and answer!
    – BaldEagle
    Jun 24 at 16:06












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04. When I try sudo apt-get install libglfw-dev then I get this error: E: Package 'libglfw-dev' has no installation candidate. Was this package removed in 18.04?







share|improve this question












I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04. When I try sudo apt-get install libglfw-dev then I get this error: E: Package 'libglfw-dev' has no installation candidate. Was this package removed in 18.04?









share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked May 21 at 18:43









Joe Bedard

63




63







  • 4




    What about libglfw3-dev?
    – dsstorefile1
    May 21 at 18:50










  • Does this solve your problem?
    – singrium
    May 21 at 18:51






  • 1




    @Joe Bedard, please always use apt-cache search [name] (or part of name) to decide the actual package name. Or use the on-line search packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libglfw&searchon=names
    – Knud Larsen
    May 21 at 21:21










  • That solved my problem. Thank you!
    – Joe Bedard
    May 24 at 7:36










  • @Knud: If I had posted this, it'd be worth and answer!
    – BaldEagle
    Jun 24 at 16:06












  • 4




    What about libglfw3-dev?
    – dsstorefile1
    May 21 at 18:50










  • Does this solve your problem?
    – singrium
    May 21 at 18:51






  • 1




    @Joe Bedard, please always use apt-cache search [name] (or part of name) to decide the actual package name. Or use the on-line search packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libglfw&searchon=names
    – Knud Larsen
    May 21 at 21:21










  • That solved my problem. Thank you!
    – Joe Bedard
    May 24 at 7:36










  • @Knud: If I had posted this, it'd be worth and answer!
    – BaldEagle
    Jun 24 at 16:06







4




4




What about libglfw3-dev?
– dsstorefile1
May 21 at 18:50




What about libglfw3-dev?
– dsstorefile1
May 21 at 18:50












Does this solve your problem?
– singrium
May 21 at 18:51




Does this solve your problem?
– singrium
May 21 at 18:51




1




1




@Joe Bedard, please always use apt-cache search [name] (or part of name) to decide the actual package name. Or use the on-line search packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libglfw&searchon=names
– Knud Larsen
May 21 at 21:21




@Joe Bedard, please always use apt-cache search [name] (or part of name) to decide the actual package name. Or use the on-line search packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libglfw&searchon=names
– Knud Larsen
May 21 at 21:21












That solved my problem. Thank you!
– Joe Bedard
May 24 at 7:36




That solved my problem. Thank you!
– Joe Bedard
May 24 at 7:36












@Knud: If I had posted this, it'd be worth and answer!
– BaldEagle
Jun 24 at 16:06




@Knud: If I had posted this, it'd be worth and answer!
– BaldEagle
Jun 24 at 16:06















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038788%2f18-04-apt-get-libglfw-dev-no-installation-candidate%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038788%2f18-04-apt-get-libglfw-dev-no-installation-candidate%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error