Everything in Firefox scaled up except the Window title font

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












How can I get a reasonably scaled Firefox?



My Firefox looks like
A wasteful firefox layout



Everything but the title seems to be scaled up. Regular gtk apps behaves nicely. Java applications has a similar title bar but can mostly be fixed with plaf.



This is a hidpi screen that is used in a single, double and triple display setup. I have configured the resolution of the display to be readable without hidpi tweaks. 1600x900px. I have attempted and given up to get any of Wayland or X to work in a hidpi + other regular monitors setup. I think it is these attempts that led me here.



If I create a new user on this 17.10 I get a normal looking Firefox.



One other previous complication I can recall is that I had at one time installed the gnome-shell flat-remix theme.



How do I resolve this?







share|improve this question






















  • Are you using Firefox's zoom function? (e.g. CTRL+ "+" zooms in, CTRL+ "-" zooms out, CTRL + 0 resets the zoom to 100%).
    – Jos
    May 21 at 20:54










  • Yes, I regularly need to scale it down. I'm typing this on 50% Zoom. The stack.Imgur upload only got usable at 40% zoom. Please note that the Tabs, address bar and also the context/right-click menus are too big.
    – Captain Giraffe
    May 21 at 20:57















up vote
0
down vote

favorite












How can I get a reasonably scaled Firefox?



My Firefox looks like
A wasteful firefox layout



Everything but the title seems to be scaled up. Regular gtk apps behaves nicely. Java applications has a similar title bar but can mostly be fixed with plaf.



This is a hidpi screen that is used in a single, double and triple display setup. I have configured the resolution of the display to be readable without hidpi tweaks. 1600x900px. I have attempted and given up to get any of Wayland or X to work in a hidpi + other regular monitors setup. I think it is these attempts that led me here.



If I create a new user on this 17.10 I get a normal looking Firefox.



One other previous complication I can recall is that I had at one time installed the gnome-shell flat-remix theme.



How do I resolve this?







share|improve this question






















  • Are you using Firefox's zoom function? (e.g. CTRL+ "+" zooms in, CTRL+ "-" zooms out, CTRL + 0 resets the zoom to 100%).
    – Jos
    May 21 at 20:54










  • Yes, I regularly need to scale it down. I'm typing this on 50% Zoom. The stack.Imgur upload only got usable at 40% zoom. Please note that the Tabs, address bar and also the context/right-click menus are too big.
    – Captain Giraffe
    May 21 at 20:57













up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











How can I get a reasonably scaled Firefox?



My Firefox looks like
A wasteful firefox layout



Everything but the title seems to be scaled up. Regular gtk apps behaves nicely. Java applications has a similar title bar but can mostly be fixed with plaf.



This is a hidpi screen that is used in a single, double and triple display setup. I have configured the resolution of the display to be readable without hidpi tweaks. 1600x900px. I have attempted and given up to get any of Wayland or X to work in a hidpi + other regular monitors setup. I think it is these attempts that led me here.



If I create a new user on this 17.10 I get a normal looking Firefox.



One other previous complication I can recall is that I had at one time installed the gnome-shell flat-remix theme.



How do I resolve this?







share|improve this question














How can I get a reasonably scaled Firefox?



My Firefox looks like
A wasteful firefox layout



Everything but the title seems to be scaled up. Regular gtk apps behaves nicely. Java applications has a similar title bar but can mostly be fixed with plaf.



This is a hidpi screen that is used in a single, double and triple display setup. I have configured the resolution of the display to be readable without hidpi tweaks. 1600x900px. I have attempted and given up to get any of Wayland or X to work in a hidpi + other regular monitors setup. I think it is these attempts that led me here.



If I create a new user on this 17.10 I get a normal looking Firefox.



One other previous complication I can recall is that I had at one time installed the gnome-shell flat-remix theme.



How do I resolve this?









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 21 at 20:53

























asked May 21 at 20:45









Captain Giraffe

183213




183213











  • Are you using Firefox's zoom function? (e.g. CTRL+ "+" zooms in, CTRL+ "-" zooms out, CTRL + 0 resets the zoom to 100%).
    – Jos
    May 21 at 20:54










  • Yes, I regularly need to scale it down. I'm typing this on 50% Zoom. The stack.Imgur upload only got usable at 40% zoom. Please note that the Tabs, address bar and also the context/right-click menus are too big.
    – Captain Giraffe
    May 21 at 20:57

















  • Are you using Firefox's zoom function? (e.g. CTRL+ "+" zooms in, CTRL+ "-" zooms out, CTRL + 0 resets the zoom to 100%).
    – Jos
    May 21 at 20:54










  • Yes, I regularly need to scale it down. I'm typing this on 50% Zoom. The stack.Imgur upload only got usable at 40% zoom. Please note that the Tabs, address bar and also the context/right-click menus are too big.
    – Captain Giraffe
    May 21 at 20:57
















Are you using Firefox's zoom function? (e.g. CTRL+ "+" zooms in, CTRL+ "-" zooms out, CTRL + 0 resets the zoom to 100%).
– Jos
May 21 at 20:54




Are you using Firefox's zoom function? (e.g. CTRL+ "+" zooms in, CTRL+ "-" zooms out, CTRL + 0 resets the zoom to 100%).
– Jos
May 21 at 20:54












Yes, I regularly need to scale it down. I'm typing this on 50% Zoom. The stack.Imgur upload only got usable at 40% zoom. Please note that the Tabs, address bar and also the context/right-click menus are too big.
– Captain Giraffe
May 21 at 20:57





Yes, I regularly need to scale it down. I'm typing this on 50% Zoom. The stack.Imgur upload only got usable at 40% zoom. Please note that the Tabs, address bar and also the context/right-click menus are too big.
– Captain Giraffe
May 21 at 20:57
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038819%2feverything-in-firefox-scaled-up-except-the-window-title-font%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038819%2feverything-in-firefox-scaled-up-except-the-window-title-font%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error