Chromium and Firefox slow after upgrade to 18.04

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I have re-installed from 18.04 after using 14.04. Now, Chrome and Firefox can take ages to connect to sites, and sometimes fail with a socket error. Running speed tests, they start off ok, but reruns get progressively slower until the socket fault occurs. I think also Thunderbird may be slower at contacting the server. Other machines, connecting through the same wifi modem are ok. Any suggestions please?
Tony







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I have re-installed from 18.04 after using 14.04. Now, Chrome and Firefox can take ages to connect to sites, and sometimes fail with a socket error. Running speed tests, they start off ok, but reruns get progressively slower until the socket fault occurs. I think also Thunderbird may be slower at contacting the server. Other machines, connecting through the same wifi modem are ok. Any suggestions please?
    Tony







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I have re-installed from 18.04 after using 14.04. Now, Chrome and Firefox can take ages to connect to sites, and sometimes fail with a socket error. Running speed tests, they start off ok, but reruns get progressively slower until the socket fault occurs. I think also Thunderbird may be slower at contacting the server. Other machines, connecting through the same wifi modem are ok. Any suggestions please?
      Tony







      share|improve this question












      I have re-installed from 18.04 after using 14.04. Now, Chrome and Firefox can take ages to connect to sites, and sometimes fail with a socket error. Running speed tests, they start off ok, but reruns get progressively slower until the socket fault occurs. I think also Thunderbird may be slower at contacting the server. Other machines, connecting through the same wifi modem are ok. Any suggestions please?
      Tony









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 21 at 6:40









      Tony

      63




      63

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038577%2fchromium-and-firefox-slow-after-upgrade-to-18-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038577%2fchromium-and-firefox-slow-after-upgrade-to-18-04%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error