Login Loop in Ubuntu 16.04 after editing the Path

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I was editing the path as said in this page: Source



After I did that, I logged out, and ever since that, I was not able to Login.



I have tried various Login Loop Remedies said in this Exchange, but was not possible.



I think the error was due to the fact that, I may have entered a wrong path first and then appended the remaining path as said in the Source page:



PATH=/path/to/command/directory:$PATH


Is there a solution to revert back and able to login normally?







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I was editing the path as said in this page: Source



    After I did that, I logged out, and ever since that, I was not able to Login.



    I have tried various Login Loop Remedies said in this Exchange, but was not possible.



    I think the error was due to the fact that, I may have entered a wrong path first and then appended the remaining path as said in the Source page:



    PATH=/path/to/command/directory:$PATH


    Is there a solution to revert back and able to login normally?







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I was editing the path as said in this page: Source



      After I did that, I logged out, and ever since that, I was not able to Login.



      I have tried various Login Loop Remedies said in this Exchange, but was not possible.



      I think the error was due to the fact that, I may have entered a wrong path first and then appended the remaining path as said in the Source page:



      PATH=/path/to/command/directory:$PATH


      Is there a solution to revert back and able to login normally?







      share|improve this question












      I was editing the path as said in this page: Source



      After I did that, I logged out, and ever since that, I was not able to Login.



      I have tried various Login Loop Remedies said in this Exchange, but was not possible.



      I think the error was due to the fact that, I may have entered a wrong path first and then appended the remaining path as said in the Source page:



      PATH=/path/to/command/directory:$PATH


      Is there a solution to revert back and able to login normally?









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 20 at 8:34









      remedcu

      1034




      1034




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          2
          down vote



          accepted










          Have you tried logging in at a text terminal:




          • Ctrl+Alt+F1

          • Enter user name then password

          If you can log in this way you could temporarily rename ~/.pam_environment:



          mv ~/.pam_environment ~/.pam_environment.bak


          Then switch back to the graphical login (Ctrl+Alt+F7) and try again.






          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer







            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "89"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: false,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );








             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038311%2flogin-loop-in-ubuntu-16-04-after-editing-the-path%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest






























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes








            up vote
            2
            down vote



            accepted










            Have you tried logging in at a text terminal:




            • Ctrl+Alt+F1

            • Enter user name then password

            If you can log in this way you could temporarily rename ~/.pam_environment:



            mv ~/.pam_environment ~/.pam_environment.bak


            Then switch back to the graphical login (Ctrl+Alt+F7) and try again.






            share|improve this answer


























              up vote
              2
              down vote



              accepted










              Have you tried logging in at a text terminal:




              • Ctrl+Alt+F1

              • Enter user name then password

              If you can log in this way you could temporarily rename ~/.pam_environment:



              mv ~/.pam_environment ~/.pam_environment.bak


              Then switch back to the graphical login (Ctrl+Alt+F7) and try again.






              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                2
                down vote



                accepted







                up vote
                2
                down vote



                accepted






                Have you tried logging in at a text terminal:




                • Ctrl+Alt+F1

                • Enter user name then password

                If you can log in this way you could temporarily rename ~/.pam_environment:



                mv ~/.pam_environment ~/.pam_environment.bak


                Then switch back to the graphical login (Ctrl+Alt+F7) and try again.






                share|improve this answer














                Have you tried logging in at a text terminal:




                • Ctrl+Alt+F1

                • Enter user name then password

                If you can log in this way you could temporarily rename ~/.pam_environment:



                mv ~/.pam_environment ~/.pam_environment.bak


                Then switch back to the graphical login (Ctrl+Alt+F7) and try again.







                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited May 20 at 9:15









                Thomas

                3,10071325




                3,10071325










                answered May 20 at 9:02









                Paul Worrall

                363




                363






















                     

                    draft saved


                    draft discarded


























                     


                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038311%2flogin-loop-in-ubuntu-16-04-after-editing-the-path%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest













































































                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

                    How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

                    Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error