18.04 Mate switch language with “Alt+Shift” error

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












Following the solution provided in post Keyboard shortcut for switching between different keyboard layouts in Ubuntu Mate
I get the "Error activating XKB configuration", see screenshot.



Screenshot of setxkbmap







share|improve this question






















  • If you use Ubuntu MATE, do it the Ubuntu MATE way.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 20 at 21:51






  • 3




    Possible duplicate of Keyboard shortcut for switching between different keyboard layouts in Ubuntu Mate
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 20 at 21:52










  • That is exactly what I am trying and I keep getting the error. Despite the error the setting is stored and now the error message pops up consistently during login. Actually in the top panel 2 language indicators have appeared. One toggles between languages with Alt+Shift, the other not, however the shortcut does not work, the keyvoard changes to Greek only with the mouse. I should add also that when logging in with Gnome, Alt+Shift works after using the solution provided in the post.
    – kkato71
    May 21 at 18:23











  • Sorry, I missed that the answer to the question you pointed at includes a MATE part. Maybe it's a MATE bug. It would be interesting to know what happens if you try some other shortcut via the MATE GUI.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 21 at 19:14










  • MATE GUI you mean "MATE Control Center/Keyboard/Layout/Options/Switching to another layout" ? This is what I have done and got the error message.
    – kkato71
    May 22 at 11:12















up vote
1
down vote

favorite












Following the solution provided in post Keyboard shortcut for switching between different keyboard layouts in Ubuntu Mate
I get the "Error activating XKB configuration", see screenshot.



Screenshot of setxkbmap







share|improve this question






















  • If you use Ubuntu MATE, do it the Ubuntu MATE way.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 20 at 21:51






  • 3




    Possible duplicate of Keyboard shortcut for switching between different keyboard layouts in Ubuntu Mate
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 20 at 21:52










  • That is exactly what I am trying and I keep getting the error. Despite the error the setting is stored and now the error message pops up consistently during login. Actually in the top panel 2 language indicators have appeared. One toggles between languages with Alt+Shift, the other not, however the shortcut does not work, the keyvoard changes to Greek only with the mouse. I should add also that when logging in with Gnome, Alt+Shift works after using the solution provided in the post.
    – kkato71
    May 21 at 18:23











  • Sorry, I missed that the answer to the question you pointed at includes a MATE part. Maybe it's a MATE bug. It would be interesting to know what happens if you try some other shortcut via the MATE GUI.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 21 at 19:14










  • MATE GUI you mean "MATE Control Center/Keyboard/Layout/Options/Switching to another layout" ? This is what I have done and got the error message.
    – kkato71
    May 22 at 11:12













up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











Following the solution provided in post Keyboard shortcut for switching between different keyboard layouts in Ubuntu Mate
I get the "Error activating XKB configuration", see screenshot.



Screenshot of setxkbmap







share|improve this question














Following the solution provided in post Keyboard shortcut for switching between different keyboard layouts in Ubuntu Mate
I get the "Error activating XKB configuration", see screenshot.



Screenshot of setxkbmap









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 23 at 19:46

























asked May 20 at 20:06









kkato71

62




62











  • If you use Ubuntu MATE, do it the Ubuntu MATE way.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 20 at 21:51






  • 3




    Possible duplicate of Keyboard shortcut for switching between different keyboard layouts in Ubuntu Mate
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 20 at 21:52










  • That is exactly what I am trying and I keep getting the error. Despite the error the setting is stored and now the error message pops up consistently during login. Actually in the top panel 2 language indicators have appeared. One toggles between languages with Alt+Shift, the other not, however the shortcut does not work, the keyvoard changes to Greek only with the mouse. I should add also that when logging in with Gnome, Alt+Shift works after using the solution provided in the post.
    – kkato71
    May 21 at 18:23











  • Sorry, I missed that the answer to the question you pointed at includes a MATE part. Maybe it's a MATE bug. It would be interesting to know what happens if you try some other shortcut via the MATE GUI.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 21 at 19:14










  • MATE GUI you mean "MATE Control Center/Keyboard/Layout/Options/Switching to another layout" ? This is what I have done and got the error message.
    – kkato71
    May 22 at 11:12

















  • If you use Ubuntu MATE, do it the Ubuntu MATE way.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 20 at 21:51






  • 3




    Possible duplicate of Keyboard shortcut for switching between different keyboard layouts in Ubuntu Mate
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 20 at 21:52










  • That is exactly what I am trying and I keep getting the error. Despite the error the setting is stored and now the error message pops up consistently during login. Actually in the top panel 2 language indicators have appeared. One toggles between languages with Alt+Shift, the other not, however the shortcut does not work, the keyvoard changes to Greek only with the mouse. I should add also that when logging in with Gnome, Alt+Shift works after using the solution provided in the post.
    – kkato71
    May 21 at 18:23











  • Sorry, I missed that the answer to the question you pointed at includes a MATE part. Maybe it's a MATE bug. It would be interesting to know what happens if you try some other shortcut via the MATE GUI.
    – Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    May 21 at 19:14










  • MATE GUI you mean "MATE Control Center/Keyboard/Layout/Options/Switching to another layout" ? This is what I have done and got the error message.
    – kkato71
    May 22 at 11:12
















If you use Ubuntu MATE, do it the Ubuntu MATE way.
– Gunnar Hjalmarsson
May 20 at 21:51




If you use Ubuntu MATE, do it the Ubuntu MATE way.
– Gunnar Hjalmarsson
May 20 at 21:51




3




3




Possible duplicate of Keyboard shortcut for switching between different keyboard layouts in Ubuntu Mate
– Gunnar Hjalmarsson
May 20 at 21:52




Possible duplicate of Keyboard shortcut for switching between different keyboard layouts in Ubuntu Mate
– Gunnar Hjalmarsson
May 20 at 21:52












That is exactly what I am trying and I keep getting the error. Despite the error the setting is stored and now the error message pops up consistently during login. Actually in the top panel 2 language indicators have appeared. One toggles between languages with Alt+Shift, the other not, however the shortcut does not work, the keyvoard changes to Greek only with the mouse. I should add also that when logging in with Gnome, Alt+Shift works after using the solution provided in the post.
– kkato71
May 21 at 18:23





That is exactly what I am trying and I keep getting the error. Despite the error the setting is stored and now the error message pops up consistently during login. Actually in the top panel 2 language indicators have appeared. One toggles between languages with Alt+Shift, the other not, however the shortcut does not work, the keyvoard changes to Greek only with the mouse. I should add also that when logging in with Gnome, Alt+Shift works after using the solution provided in the post.
– kkato71
May 21 at 18:23













Sorry, I missed that the answer to the question you pointed at includes a MATE part. Maybe it's a MATE bug. It would be interesting to know what happens if you try some other shortcut via the MATE GUI.
– Gunnar Hjalmarsson
May 21 at 19:14




Sorry, I missed that the answer to the question you pointed at includes a MATE part. Maybe it's a MATE bug. It would be interesting to know what happens if you try some other shortcut via the MATE GUI.
– Gunnar Hjalmarsson
May 21 at 19:14












MATE GUI you mean "MATE Control Center/Keyboard/Layout/Options/Switching to another layout" ? This is what I have done and got the error message.
– kkato71
May 22 at 11:12





MATE GUI you mean "MATE Control Center/Keyboard/Layout/Options/Switching to another layout" ? This is what I have done and got the error message.
– kkato71
May 22 at 11:12
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038474%2f18-04-mate-switch-language-with-altshift-error%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038474%2f18-04-mate-switch-language-with-altshift-error%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error