Ubuntu 18.04 wlan not turning on

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I am stuck, I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on my Fujitsu Siemens li2727 laptop. But now I am having trouble with the Wi-Fi.. It does not seem to go on, it says no wifi adapter found.



What should I do?



[sudo] password for capta: 
enp2s0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 192.168.1.71 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255
inet6 fe80::307a:fd42:6cb1:376c prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link>
ether 00:1f:16:0d:62:2b txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
RX packets 206428 bytes 182806493 (182.8 MB)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 99942 bytes 8219228 (8.2 MB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 65536
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 scopeid 0x10<host>
loop txqueuelen 1000 (Local Loopback)
RX packets 4850 bytes 393508 (393.5 KB)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 4850 bytes 393508 (393.5 KB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0






share|improve this question


















  • 1




    Please add the output of lspci, sudo ifconfig -a, sudo rfkill list all, dmesg
    – velix
    May 21 at 16:00














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I am stuck, I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on my Fujitsu Siemens li2727 laptop. But now I am having trouble with the Wi-Fi.. It does not seem to go on, it says no wifi adapter found.



What should I do?



[sudo] password for capta: 
enp2s0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 192.168.1.71 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255
inet6 fe80::307a:fd42:6cb1:376c prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link>
ether 00:1f:16:0d:62:2b txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
RX packets 206428 bytes 182806493 (182.8 MB)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 99942 bytes 8219228 (8.2 MB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 65536
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 scopeid 0x10<host>
loop txqueuelen 1000 (Local Loopback)
RX packets 4850 bytes 393508 (393.5 KB)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 4850 bytes 393508 (393.5 KB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0






share|improve this question


















  • 1




    Please add the output of lspci, sudo ifconfig -a, sudo rfkill list all, dmesg
    – velix
    May 21 at 16:00












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I am stuck, I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on my Fujitsu Siemens li2727 laptop. But now I am having trouble with the Wi-Fi.. It does not seem to go on, it says no wifi adapter found.



What should I do?



[sudo] password for capta: 
enp2s0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 192.168.1.71 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255
inet6 fe80::307a:fd42:6cb1:376c prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link>
ether 00:1f:16:0d:62:2b txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
RX packets 206428 bytes 182806493 (182.8 MB)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 99942 bytes 8219228 (8.2 MB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 65536
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 scopeid 0x10<host>
loop txqueuelen 1000 (Local Loopback)
RX packets 4850 bytes 393508 (393.5 KB)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 4850 bytes 393508 (393.5 KB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0






share|improve this question














I am stuck, I recently installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on my Fujitsu Siemens li2727 laptop. But now I am having trouble with the Wi-Fi.. It does not seem to go on, it says no wifi adapter found.



What should I do?



[sudo] password for capta: 
enp2s0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 192.168.1.71 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255
inet6 fe80::307a:fd42:6cb1:376c prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link>
ether 00:1f:16:0d:62:2b txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
RX packets 206428 bytes 182806493 (182.8 MB)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 99942 bytes 8219228 (8.2 MB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 65536
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 scopeid 0x10<host>
loop txqueuelen 1000 (Local Loopback)
RX packets 4850 bytes 393508 (393.5 KB)
RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
TX packets 4850 bytes 393508 (393.5 KB)
TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0








share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 21 at 16:21









karel

49.7k11105127




49.7k11105127










asked May 21 at 15:57









Capta Simeon

11




11







  • 1




    Please add the output of lspci, sudo ifconfig -a, sudo rfkill list all, dmesg
    – velix
    May 21 at 16:00












  • 1




    Please add the output of lspci, sudo ifconfig -a, sudo rfkill list all, dmesg
    – velix
    May 21 at 16:00







1




1




Please add the output of lspci, sudo ifconfig -a, sudo rfkill list all, dmesg
– velix
May 21 at 16:00




Please add the output of lspci, sudo ifconfig -a, sudo rfkill list all, dmesg
– velix
May 21 at 16:00















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038749%2fubuntu-18-04-wlan-not-turning-on%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes










 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038749%2fubuntu-18-04-wlan-not-turning-on%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error