Ubuntu 16.04 Compiz using 100% CPU and RAM

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












Running ubuntu 16.04. After 12 hours of running, i find compiz is maxing my CPU out and eating all 8gb of my ram. This causes Unity to crash and I have to restart the lightdm service to fix this.



I have tried resetting compiz, disabling sync to v black. Neither of these work, any ideas??







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    Running ubuntu 16.04. After 12 hours of running, i find compiz is maxing my CPU out and eating all 8gb of my ram. This causes Unity to crash and I have to restart the lightdm service to fix this.



    I have tried resetting compiz, disabling sync to v black. Neither of these work, any ideas??







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      Running ubuntu 16.04. After 12 hours of running, i find compiz is maxing my CPU out and eating all 8gb of my ram. This causes Unity to crash and I have to restart the lightdm service to fix this.



      I have tried resetting compiz, disabling sync to v black. Neither of these work, any ideas??







      share|improve this question












      Running ubuntu 16.04. After 12 hours of running, i find compiz is maxing my CPU out and eating all 8gb of my ram. This causes Unity to crash and I have to restart the lightdm service to fix this.



      I have tried resetting compiz, disabling sync to v black. Neither of these work, any ideas??









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 21 at 21:29









      Max Allen-Smith

      63




      63

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038828%2fubuntu-16-04-compiz-using-100-cpu-and-ram%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038828%2fubuntu-16-04-compiz-using-100-cpu-and-ram%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error