Ubuntu not booting instead taking me to black screen

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I had just recently installed Ubuntu 17.04 on my Chromebook and I love it. However, a couple of hours of using it my battery got low so I shut it off and put it on charge. When I opened it back up it took me to the usual ubuntu booting screen with the dots and the logo. However, after a few seconds, it took me to this black screen with a bunch of white text ( picture provided below ).



I did the hard reboot keys on Chromebook which is esc + refresh + power and it took me to gnu grub. it gave me a few options.



The options were Ubuntu, Advanced options for Ubuntu and System Setup.



Help!



I couldn't take a picture for myself but the black screen with white text looks sort of like this. https://i.stack.imgur.com/zZjpq.jpg







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I had just recently installed Ubuntu 17.04 on my Chromebook and I love it. However, a couple of hours of using it my battery got low so I shut it off and put it on charge. When I opened it back up it took me to the usual ubuntu booting screen with the dots and the logo. However, after a few seconds, it took me to this black screen with a bunch of white text ( picture provided below ).



    I did the hard reboot keys on Chromebook which is esc + refresh + power and it took me to gnu grub. it gave me a few options.



    The options were Ubuntu, Advanced options for Ubuntu and System Setup.



    Help!



    I couldn't take a picture for myself but the black screen with white text looks sort of like this. https://i.stack.imgur.com/zZjpq.jpg







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I had just recently installed Ubuntu 17.04 on my Chromebook and I love it. However, a couple of hours of using it my battery got low so I shut it off and put it on charge. When I opened it back up it took me to the usual ubuntu booting screen with the dots and the logo. However, after a few seconds, it took me to this black screen with a bunch of white text ( picture provided below ).



      I did the hard reboot keys on Chromebook which is esc + refresh + power and it took me to gnu grub. it gave me a few options.



      The options were Ubuntu, Advanced options for Ubuntu and System Setup.



      Help!



      I couldn't take a picture for myself but the black screen with white text looks sort of like this. https://i.stack.imgur.com/zZjpq.jpg







      share|improve this question












      I had just recently installed Ubuntu 17.04 on my Chromebook and I love it. However, a couple of hours of using it my battery got low so I shut it off and put it on charge. When I opened it back up it took me to the usual ubuntu booting screen with the dots and the logo. However, after a few seconds, it took me to this black screen with a bunch of white text ( picture provided below ).



      I did the hard reboot keys on Chromebook which is esc + refresh + power and it took me to gnu grub. it gave me a few options.



      The options were Ubuntu, Advanced options for Ubuntu and System Setup.



      Help!



      I couldn't take a picture for myself but the black screen with white text looks sort of like this. https://i.stack.imgur.com/zZjpq.jpg









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 19 at 22:25









      Gurmande

      62




      62

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038213%2fubuntu-not-booting-instead-taking-me-to-black-screen%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038213%2fubuntu-not-booting-instead-taking-me-to-black-screen%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error