Telegram-desktop snap package doesn't run after reboot

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
2
down vote

favorite












please, I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and I'm very satisfied yet. But unfortunatelly, Telegram desktop stops work after today's reboot. I really don't know why because it was works correctly before today.



If I'm trying start telegram from command line I have this error message:



~$ telegram-desktop 
QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :1
Telegram[0x9338cf]
Telegram[0x933e4c]
Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler12GenerateDumpEPNS0_12CrashContextE+0x382)[0x11d0d0c]
Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler12HandleSignalEiP9siginfo_tPv+0x1c3)[0x11d08e7]
Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler13SignalHandlerEiP9siginfo_tPv+0x1ab)[0x11d05ff]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x11390)[0x7f9195a16390]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x38)[0x7f9195151428]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x16a)[0x7f919515302a]
Telegram[0x1f55117]
Telegram(_ZN14QXcbConnectionC2EP19QXcbNativeInterfacebjPKc+0xe93)[0x1624423]
Telegram(_ZN15QXcbIntegrationC1ERK11QStringListRiPPc+0x2ea)[0x15f907a]
Telegram[0x15f7c4b]
Telegram[0x1e1bc1d]
Telegram[0x1b38bad]
Telegram[0x1b397b5]
Telegram[0x2128295]
Telegram[0x1b3ad8f]
Telegram[0x17f8889]
Telegram(_ZN11ApplicationC2EN3gsl8not_nullIPN4Core8LauncherEEERiPPc+0x3a)[0xfcc76a]
Telegram(_ZN4Core8Launcher18executeApplicationEv+0x3e)[0x93088e]
Telegram(_ZN4Core8Launcher4execEv+0x54)[0x930d14]
Telegram(main+0x32)[0x78a2a2]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf0)[0x7f919513c830]
Telegram(_start+0x29)[0x79b569]
Aborted (core dumped)


In fact, I had many probles with snap packages like with gnome-calculator or gnome-system-monitor. This applications was delivered as snap packages after normal install. But I don't think that this applications need to be as snap. After uninstall and install as normal app works correct.



But Telegram I cannot install as normal application via sudo apt install because it is not in stadard ppa repository :( Only I can download AppImage from official Telegram website. But then snap is just a crap of ... (you know) and I recommend migrate to Flatpak.



Please, can you help where can be a problem with snap package of this application?



My Snap applications:



$ ls -la /snap/
total 40
drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 máj 20 20:16 .
drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 máj 19 22:39 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 máj 20 20:16 bin
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 7 19:04 core
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 máj 9 20:28 gnome-3-26-1604
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 5 20:54 gnome-characters
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 5 20:54 gnome-logs
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 548 máj 5 14:08 README
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 máj 6 09:09 telegram-desktop
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 máj 20 20:02 vlc


vlc works correctly yet :) Thanks for any advice



PS: I tried refresh snap package via snap refresh but it doesn't helps



sudo snap refresh telegram-desktop
snap "telegram-desktop" has no updates available


Thanks for reply







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    2
    down vote

    favorite












    please, I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and I'm very satisfied yet. But unfortunatelly, Telegram desktop stops work after today's reboot. I really don't know why because it was works correctly before today.



    If I'm trying start telegram from command line I have this error message:



    ~$ telegram-desktop 
    QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :1
    Telegram[0x9338cf]
    Telegram[0x933e4c]
    Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler12GenerateDumpEPNS0_12CrashContextE+0x382)[0x11d0d0c]
    Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler12HandleSignalEiP9siginfo_tPv+0x1c3)[0x11d08e7]
    Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler13SignalHandlerEiP9siginfo_tPv+0x1ab)[0x11d05ff]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x11390)[0x7f9195a16390]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x38)[0x7f9195151428]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x16a)[0x7f919515302a]
    Telegram[0x1f55117]
    Telegram(_ZN14QXcbConnectionC2EP19QXcbNativeInterfacebjPKc+0xe93)[0x1624423]
    Telegram(_ZN15QXcbIntegrationC1ERK11QStringListRiPPc+0x2ea)[0x15f907a]
    Telegram[0x15f7c4b]
    Telegram[0x1e1bc1d]
    Telegram[0x1b38bad]
    Telegram[0x1b397b5]
    Telegram[0x2128295]
    Telegram[0x1b3ad8f]
    Telegram[0x17f8889]
    Telegram(_ZN11ApplicationC2EN3gsl8not_nullIPN4Core8LauncherEEERiPPc+0x3a)[0xfcc76a]
    Telegram(_ZN4Core8Launcher18executeApplicationEv+0x3e)[0x93088e]
    Telegram(_ZN4Core8Launcher4execEv+0x54)[0x930d14]
    Telegram(main+0x32)[0x78a2a2]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf0)[0x7f919513c830]
    Telegram(_start+0x29)[0x79b569]
    Aborted (core dumped)


    In fact, I had many probles with snap packages like with gnome-calculator or gnome-system-monitor. This applications was delivered as snap packages after normal install. But I don't think that this applications need to be as snap. After uninstall and install as normal app works correct.



    But Telegram I cannot install as normal application via sudo apt install because it is not in stadard ppa repository :( Only I can download AppImage from official Telegram website. But then snap is just a crap of ... (you know) and I recommend migrate to Flatpak.



    Please, can you help where can be a problem with snap package of this application?



    My Snap applications:



    $ ls -la /snap/
    total 40
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 máj 20 20:16 .
    drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 máj 19 22:39 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 máj 20 20:16 bin
    drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 7 19:04 core
    drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 máj 9 20:28 gnome-3-26-1604
    drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 5 20:54 gnome-characters
    drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 5 20:54 gnome-logs
    -r--r--r-- 1 root root 548 máj 5 14:08 README
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 máj 6 09:09 telegram-desktop
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 máj 20 20:02 vlc


    vlc works correctly yet :) Thanks for any advice



    PS: I tried refresh snap package via snap refresh but it doesn't helps



    sudo snap refresh telegram-desktop
    snap "telegram-desktop" has no updates available


    Thanks for reply







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      2
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      2
      down vote

      favorite











      please, I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and I'm very satisfied yet. But unfortunatelly, Telegram desktop stops work after today's reboot. I really don't know why because it was works correctly before today.



      If I'm trying start telegram from command line I have this error message:



      ~$ telegram-desktop 
      QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :1
      Telegram[0x9338cf]
      Telegram[0x933e4c]
      Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler12GenerateDumpEPNS0_12CrashContextE+0x382)[0x11d0d0c]
      Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler12HandleSignalEiP9siginfo_tPv+0x1c3)[0x11d08e7]
      Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler13SignalHandlerEiP9siginfo_tPv+0x1ab)[0x11d05ff]
      /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x11390)[0x7f9195a16390]
      /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x38)[0x7f9195151428]
      /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x16a)[0x7f919515302a]
      Telegram[0x1f55117]
      Telegram(_ZN14QXcbConnectionC2EP19QXcbNativeInterfacebjPKc+0xe93)[0x1624423]
      Telegram(_ZN15QXcbIntegrationC1ERK11QStringListRiPPc+0x2ea)[0x15f907a]
      Telegram[0x15f7c4b]
      Telegram[0x1e1bc1d]
      Telegram[0x1b38bad]
      Telegram[0x1b397b5]
      Telegram[0x2128295]
      Telegram[0x1b3ad8f]
      Telegram[0x17f8889]
      Telegram(_ZN11ApplicationC2EN3gsl8not_nullIPN4Core8LauncherEEERiPPc+0x3a)[0xfcc76a]
      Telegram(_ZN4Core8Launcher18executeApplicationEv+0x3e)[0x93088e]
      Telegram(_ZN4Core8Launcher4execEv+0x54)[0x930d14]
      Telegram(main+0x32)[0x78a2a2]
      /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf0)[0x7f919513c830]
      Telegram(_start+0x29)[0x79b569]
      Aborted (core dumped)


      In fact, I had many probles with snap packages like with gnome-calculator or gnome-system-monitor. This applications was delivered as snap packages after normal install. But I don't think that this applications need to be as snap. After uninstall and install as normal app works correct.



      But Telegram I cannot install as normal application via sudo apt install because it is not in stadard ppa repository :( Only I can download AppImage from official Telegram website. But then snap is just a crap of ... (you know) and I recommend migrate to Flatpak.



      Please, can you help where can be a problem with snap package of this application?



      My Snap applications:



      $ ls -la /snap/
      total 40
      drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 máj 20 20:16 .
      drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 máj 19 22:39 ..
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 máj 20 20:16 bin
      drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 7 19:04 core
      drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 máj 9 20:28 gnome-3-26-1604
      drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 5 20:54 gnome-characters
      drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 5 20:54 gnome-logs
      -r--r--r-- 1 root root 548 máj 5 14:08 README
      drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 máj 6 09:09 telegram-desktop
      drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 máj 20 20:02 vlc


      vlc works correctly yet :) Thanks for any advice



      PS: I tried refresh snap package via snap refresh but it doesn't helps



      sudo snap refresh telegram-desktop
      snap "telegram-desktop" has no updates available


      Thanks for reply







      share|improve this question












      please, I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and I'm very satisfied yet. But unfortunatelly, Telegram desktop stops work after today's reboot. I really don't know why because it was works correctly before today.



      If I'm trying start telegram from command line I have this error message:



      ~$ telegram-desktop 
      QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :1
      Telegram[0x9338cf]
      Telegram[0x933e4c]
      Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler12GenerateDumpEPNS0_12CrashContextE+0x382)[0x11d0d0c]
      Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler12HandleSignalEiP9siginfo_tPv+0x1c3)[0x11d08e7]
      Telegram(_ZN15google_breakpad16ExceptionHandler13SignalHandlerEiP9siginfo_tPv+0x1ab)[0x11d05ff]
      /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x11390)[0x7f9195a16390]
      /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x38)[0x7f9195151428]
      /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x16a)[0x7f919515302a]
      Telegram[0x1f55117]
      Telegram(_ZN14QXcbConnectionC2EP19QXcbNativeInterfacebjPKc+0xe93)[0x1624423]
      Telegram(_ZN15QXcbIntegrationC1ERK11QStringListRiPPc+0x2ea)[0x15f907a]
      Telegram[0x15f7c4b]
      Telegram[0x1e1bc1d]
      Telegram[0x1b38bad]
      Telegram[0x1b397b5]
      Telegram[0x2128295]
      Telegram[0x1b3ad8f]
      Telegram[0x17f8889]
      Telegram(_ZN11ApplicationC2EN3gsl8not_nullIPN4Core8LauncherEEERiPPc+0x3a)[0xfcc76a]
      Telegram(_ZN4Core8Launcher18executeApplicationEv+0x3e)[0x93088e]
      Telegram(_ZN4Core8Launcher4execEv+0x54)[0x930d14]
      Telegram(main+0x32)[0x78a2a2]
      /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf0)[0x7f919513c830]
      Telegram(_start+0x29)[0x79b569]
      Aborted (core dumped)


      In fact, I had many probles with snap packages like with gnome-calculator or gnome-system-monitor. This applications was delivered as snap packages after normal install. But I don't think that this applications need to be as snap. After uninstall and install as normal app works correct.



      But Telegram I cannot install as normal application via sudo apt install because it is not in stadard ppa repository :( Only I can download AppImage from official Telegram website. But then snap is just a crap of ... (you know) and I recommend migrate to Flatpak.



      Please, can you help where can be a problem with snap package of this application?



      My Snap applications:



      $ ls -la /snap/
      total 40
      drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 máj 20 20:16 .
      drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 máj 19 22:39 ..
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 máj 20 20:16 bin
      drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 7 19:04 core
      drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 máj 9 20:28 gnome-3-26-1604
      drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 5 20:54 gnome-characters
      drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 máj 5 20:54 gnome-logs
      -r--r--r-- 1 root root 548 máj 5 14:08 README
      drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 máj 6 09:09 telegram-desktop
      drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 máj 20 20:02 vlc


      vlc works correctly yet :) Thanks for any advice



      PS: I tried refresh snap package via snap refresh but it doesn't helps



      sudo snap refresh telegram-desktop
      snap "telegram-desktop" has no updates available


      Thanks for reply









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 21 at 16:25









      Nela Drobná

      1121111




      1121111




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          2
          down vote



          accepted










          This problem affects me too. The first time I connected required snap interfaces to telegram, and it worked. But today the problem showed up itself again. I fix it by remove and install again telegram with:



          sudo snap remove telegram-desktop
          sudo snap install telegram-desktop


          Note that by now exists a telegram-desktop package within default ppa and you can install it by



          sudo apt install telegram-desktop 





          share|improve this answer




















          • Yes, great. Thanks. My solution was replace telegram from snap package into flatpak
            – Nela Drobná
            Jun 4 at 12:42










          • snap remove/snap install worked for me in bionic
            – lrkwz
            Jun 6 at 13:11










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038756%2ftelegram-desktop-snap-package-doesnt-run-after-reboot%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          2
          down vote



          accepted










          This problem affects me too. The first time I connected required snap interfaces to telegram, and it worked. But today the problem showed up itself again. I fix it by remove and install again telegram with:



          sudo snap remove telegram-desktop
          sudo snap install telegram-desktop


          Note that by now exists a telegram-desktop package within default ppa and you can install it by



          sudo apt install telegram-desktop 





          share|improve this answer




















          • Yes, great. Thanks. My solution was replace telegram from snap package into flatpak
            – Nela Drobná
            Jun 4 at 12:42










          • snap remove/snap install worked for me in bionic
            – lrkwz
            Jun 6 at 13:11














          up vote
          2
          down vote



          accepted










          This problem affects me too. The first time I connected required snap interfaces to telegram, and it worked. But today the problem showed up itself again. I fix it by remove and install again telegram with:



          sudo snap remove telegram-desktop
          sudo snap install telegram-desktop


          Note that by now exists a telegram-desktop package within default ppa and you can install it by



          sudo apt install telegram-desktop 





          share|improve this answer




















          • Yes, great. Thanks. My solution was replace telegram from snap package into flatpak
            – Nela Drobná
            Jun 4 at 12:42










          • snap remove/snap install worked for me in bionic
            – lrkwz
            Jun 6 at 13:11












          up vote
          2
          down vote



          accepted







          up vote
          2
          down vote



          accepted






          This problem affects me too. The first time I connected required snap interfaces to telegram, and it worked. But today the problem showed up itself again. I fix it by remove and install again telegram with:



          sudo snap remove telegram-desktop
          sudo snap install telegram-desktop


          Note that by now exists a telegram-desktop package within default ppa and you can install it by



          sudo apt install telegram-desktop 





          share|improve this answer












          This problem affects me too. The first time I connected required snap interfaces to telegram, and it worked. But today the problem showed up itself again. I fix it by remove and install again telegram with:



          sudo snap remove telegram-desktop
          sudo snap install telegram-desktop


          Note that by now exists a telegram-desktop package within default ppa and you can install it by



          sudo apt install telegram-desktop 






          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered Jun 4 at 10:39









          Bob91

          11618




          11618











          • Yes, great. Thanks. My solution was replace telegram from snap package into flatpak
            – Nela Drobná
            Jun 4 at 12:42










          • snap remove/snap install worked for me in bionic
            – lrkwz
            Jun 6 at 13:11
















          • Yes, great. Thanks. My solution was replace telegram from snap package into flatpak
            – Nela Drobná
            Jun 4 at 12:42










          • snap remove/snap install worked for me in bionic
            – lrkwz
            Jun 6 at 13:11















          Yes, great. Thanks. My solution was replace telegram from snap package into flatpak
          – Nela Drobná
          Jun 4 at 12:42




          Yes, great. Thanks. My solution was replace telegram from snap package into flatpak
          – Nela Drobná
          Jun 4 at 12:42












          snap remove/snap install worked for me in bionic
          – lrkwz
          Jun 6 at 13:11




          snap remove/snap install worked for me in bionic
          – lrkwz
          Jun 6 at 13:11












           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038756%2ftelegram-desktop-snap-package-doesnt-run-after-reboot%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error