how to configure imagick on xubuntu

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I just install Xubuntu 18.04 for my xampp development machine.
I have download and install xampp 7.2.5-0 and there is no error on the install and I can see the default xampp web page on localhost.



It seems that the xubuntu 18.04 already include imagemagick executable from default install, since when I type convert -version it show
Version ImageMagick 6.9.7-4



so I create a simple php page



<?php
$im = new imagick();
?>


but when I load this page on the browser I get the following error message.



Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'imagick' not found in /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php:2 Stack trace: #0 main thrown in /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php on line 2



so I search the website, it mention that I need to install php-imagick, so I type in

sudo apt-get install php-imagick
The installation seems to be ok and it also seems to configure the correct php version which is 7.2.5
Then I restart apache server from xampp contol panel



then I reload the page again, I still have the same issue/error message



am I missing steps to get imagick working on php?



Thank you.



Regards
- Haris -







share|improve this question
























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I just install Xubuntu 18.04 for my xampp development machine.
    I have download and install xampp 7.2.5-0 and there is no error on the install and I can see the default xampp web page on localhost.



    It seems that the xubuntu 18.04 already include imagemagick executable from default install, since when I type convert -version it show
    Version ImageMagick 6.9.7-4



    so I create a simple php page



    <?php
    $im = new imagick();
    ?>


    but when I load this page on the browser I get the following error message.



    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'imagick' not found in /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php:2 Stack trace: #0 main thrown in /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php on line 2



    so I search the website, it mention that I need to install php-imagick, so I type in

    sudo apt-get install php-imagick
    The installation seems to be ok and it also seems to configure the correct php version which is 7.2.5
    Then I restart apache server from xampp contol panel



    then I reload the page again, I still have the same issue/error message



    am I missing steps to get imagick working on php?



    Thank you.



    Regards
    - Haris -







    share|improve this question






















      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I just install Xubuntu 18.04 for my xampp development machine.
      I have download and install xampp 7.2.5-0 and there is no error on the install and I can see the default xampp web page on localhost.



      It seems that the xubuntu 18.04 already include imagemagick executable from default install, since when I type convert -version it show
      Version ImageMagick 6.9.7-4



      so I create a simple php page



      <?php
      $im = new imagick();
      ?>


      but when I load this page on the browser I get the following error message.



      Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'imagick' not found in /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php:2 Stack trace: #0 main thrown in /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php on line 2



      so I search the website, it mention that I need to install php-imagick, so I type in

      sudo apt-get install php-imagick
      The installation seems to be ok and it also seems to configure the correct php version which is 7.2.5
      Then I restart apache server from xampp contol panel



      then I reload the page again, I still have the same issue/error message



      am I missing steps to get imagick working on php?



      Thank you.



      Regards
      - Haris -







      share|improve this question












      I just install Xubuntu 18.04 for my xampp development machine.
      I have download and install xampp 7.2.5-0 and there is no error on the install and I can see the default xampp web page on localhost.



      It seems that the xubuntu 18.04 already include imagemagick executable from default install, since when I type convert -version it show
      Version ImageMagick 6.9.7-4



      so I create a simple php page



      <?php
      $im = new imagick();
      ?>


      but when I load this page on the browser I get the following error message.



      Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'imagick' not found in /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php:2 Stack trace: #0 main thrown in /opt/lampp/htdocs/index.php on line 2



      so I search the website, it mention that I need to install php-imagick, so I type in

      sudo apt-get install php-imagick
      The installation seems to be ok and it also seems to configure the correct php version which is 7.2.5
      Then I restart apache server from xampp contol panel



      then I reload the page again, I still have the same issue/error message



      am I missing steps to get imagick working on php?



      Thank you.



      Regards
      - Haris -









      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked May 21 at 12:58









      user7293420

      11




      11

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038700%2fhow-to-configure-imagick-on-xubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1038700%2fhow-to-configure-imagick-on-xubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error