Set Voltra as the default Music App

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP


.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;







up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I use Voltra Music Player in Ubuntu 18.04, and I really like it. However, I don't think it has been set as a music app - I am unable to select it as my default Music app. Here is a screenshot:
default music apps



Also, the media keys don't work with Voltra. This is from their documentation:




NOTE You can also use the built-in Media Keys on your keyboard to control music, or the shortcuts ⌘ < and ⌘ > on Mac, and ^ < and ^ > on Windows/Linux.




The shortcuts Ctrl + > and Ctrl + < are working for me, but not the rewind button / pause button / forward buttons. Here is what happens if I click them even when Voltra is running:
what happens when I click the Media Buttons. I downloaded it from a .deb file, if it matters.







share|improve this question



























    up vote
    0
    down vote

    favorite












    I use Voltra Music Player in Ubuntu 18.04, and I really like it. However, I don't think it has been set as a music app - I am unable to select it as my default Music app. Here is a screenshot:
    default music apps



    Also, the media keys don't work with Voltra. This is from their documentation:




    NOTE You can also use the built-in Media Keys on your keyboard to control music, or the shortcuts ⌘ < and ⌘ > on Mac, and ^ < and ^ > on Windows/Linux.




    The shortcuts Ctrl + > and Ctrl + < are working for me, but not the rewind button / pause button / forward buttons. Here is what happens if I click them even when Voltra is running:
    what happens when I click the Media Buttons. I downloaded it from a .deb file, if it matters.







    share|improve this question























      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      0
      down vote

      favorite











      I use Voltra Music Player in Ubuntu 18.04, and I really like it. However, I don't think it has been set as a music app - I am unable to select it as my default Music app. Here is a screenshot:
      default music apps



      Also, the media keys don't work with Voltra. This is from their documentation:




      NOTE You can also use the built-in Media Keys on your keyboard to control music, or the shortcuts ⌘ < and ⌘ > on Mac, and ^ < and ^ > on Windows/Linux.




      The shortcuts Ctrl + > and Ctrl + < are working for me, but not the rewind button / pause button / forward buttons. Here is what happens if I click them even when Voltra is running:
      what happens when I click the Media Buttons. I downloaded it from a .deb file, if it matters.







      share|improve this question













      I use Voltra Music Player in Ubuntu 18.04, and I really like it. However, I don't think it has been set as a music app - I am unable to select it as my default Music app. Here is a screenshot:
      default music apps



      Also, the media keys don't work with Voltra. This is from their documentation:




      NOTE You can also use the built-in Media Keys on your keyboard to control music, or the shortcuts ⌘ < and ⌘ > on Mac, and ^ < and ^ > on Windows/Linux.




      The shortcuts Ctrl + > and Ctrl + < are working for me, but not the rewind button / pause button / forward buttons. Here is what happens if I click them even when Voltra is running:
      what happens when I click the Media Buttons. I downloaded it from a .deb file, if it matters.









      share|improve this question












      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited 7 hours ago









      Graham

      1,76161323




      1,76161323









      asked 7 hours ago









      cubetastic

      113




      113

























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1062341%2fset-voltra-as-the-default-music-app%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes










           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1062341%2fset-voltra-as-the-default-music-app%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error