How to make PowerShell Core remoting work?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP


.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;







up vote
3
down vote

favorite












I have Kubuntu 18.04 installed on my machine and I installed PowerShell Core following the instructions given: Installing PowerShell core in linux.



I then setup the remoting following the steps described here: PowerShell remoting over SSH.



Even though the steps target Ubuntu 14.04, I could make my way through them.



But when I am trying something as simple as executing something on my own machine through remoting I get:



PS /etc/ssh> Invoke-Command -ComputerName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -ScriptBlock Write-Output Hello 
Invoke-Command : MI_RESULT_ACCESS_DENIED
At line:1 char:1
+ Invoke-Command -ComputerName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -ScriptBloc ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Invoke-Command], PSInvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperation,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeCommandCommand


Any idea how to make the PowerShell Core remoting work with Ubuntu?







share|improve this question





















  • Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]
    – LotPings
    15 hours ago










  • @LotPings You're absolutely right! I thought it would have worked the same way as I am used to. Sorry for the noise!
    – Ehouarn Perret
    12 hours ago

















up vote
3
down vote

favorite












I have Kubuntu 18.04 installed on my machine and I installed PowerShell Core following the instructions given: Installing PowerShell core in linux.



I then setup the remoting following the steps described here: PowerShell remoting over SSH.



Even though the steps target Ubuntu 14.04, I could make my way through them.



But when I am trying something as simple as executing something on my own machine through remoting I get:



PS /etc/ssh> Invoke-Command -ComputerName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -ScriptBlock Write-Output Hello 
Invoke-Command : MI_RESULT_ACCESS_DENIED
At line:1 char:1
+ Invoke-Command -ComputerName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -ScriptBloc ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Invoke-Command], PSInvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperation,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeCommandCommand


Any idea how to make the PowerShell Core remoting work with Ubuntu?







share|improve this question





















  • Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]
    – LotPings
    15 hours ago










  • @LotPings You're absolutely right! I thought it would have worked the same way as I am used to. Sorry for the noise!
    – Ehouarn Perret
    12 hours ago













up vote
3
down vote

favorite









up vote
3
down vote

favorite











I have Kubuntu 18.04 installed on my machine and I installed PowerShell Core following the instructions given: Installing PowerShell core in linux.



I then setup the remoting following the steps described here: PowerShell remoting over SSH.



Even though the steps target Ubuntu 14.04, I could make my way through them.



But when I am trying something as simple as executing something on my own machine through remoting I get:



PS /etc/ssh> Invoke-Command -ComputerName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -ScriptBlock Write-Output Hello 
Invoke-Command : MI_RESULT_ACCESS_DENIED
At line:1 char:1
+ Invoke-Command -ComputerName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -ScriptBloc ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Invoke-Command], PSInvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperation,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeCommandCommand


Any idea how to make the PowerShell Core remoting work with Ubuntu?







share|improve this question













I have Kubuntu 18.04 installed on my machine and I installed PowerShell Core following the instructions given: Installing PowerShell core in linux.



I then setup the remoting following the steps described here: PowerShell remoting over SSH.



Even though the steps target Ubuntu 14.04, I could make my way through them.



But when I am trying something as simple as executing something on my own machine through remoting I get:



PS /etc/ssh> Invoke-Command -ComputerName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -ScriptBlock Write-Output Hello 
Invoke-Command : MI_RESULT_ACCESS_DENIED
At line:1 char:1
+ Invoke-Command -ComputerName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -ScriptBloc ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Invoke-Command], PSInvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperation,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeCommandCommand


Any idea how to make the PowerShell Core remoting work with Ubuntu?









share|improve this question












share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited 15 hours ago









GAD3R

1,461620




1,461620









asked 17 hours ago









Ehouarn Perret

1417




1417











  • Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]
    – LotPings
    15 hours ago










  • @LotPings You're absolutely right! I thought it would have worked the same way as I am used to. Sorry for the noise!
    – Ehouarn Perret
    12 hours ago

















  • Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]
    – LotPings
    15 hours ago










  • @LotPings You're absolutely right! I thought it would have worked the same way as I am used to. Sorry for the noise!
    – Ehouarn Perret
    12 hours ago
















Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]
– LotPings
15 hours ago




Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]
– LotPings
15 hours ago












@LotPings You're absolutely right! I thought it would have worked the same way as I am used to. Sorry for the noise!
– Ehouarn Perret
12 hours ago





@LotPings You're absolutely right! I thought it would have worked the same way as I am used to. Sorry for the noise!
– Ehouarn Perret
12 hours ago











1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
1
down vote













As stated by LotPings:




Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]




#
# Linux to Linux
#
$session = New-PSSession -HostName UbuntuVM1 -UserName TestUser


I tried:



ehouarn-perret@ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460:/etc/ssh$ pwsh-preview 
PowerShell 6.1.0-preview.4
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

https://aka.ms/pscore6-docs
Type 'help' to get help.

PS /etc/ssh> Invoke-Command -HostName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -UserName ehouarn-perret -ScriptBlock Write-Output Hello
The authenticity of host 'ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460 (127.0.1.1)' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:woPvPaavotuV4g4K3fYXKXi78usIrboXm8+FIaJncOc.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
ehouarn-perret@ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460's password:
Hello
PS /etc/ssh>


Seems it works like a charm, my bad!






share|improve this answer





















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "89"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );








     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1062259%2fhow-to-make-powershell-core-remoting-work%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    1
    down vote













    As stated by LotPings:




    Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]




    #
    # Linux to Linux
    #
    $session = New-PSSession -HostName UbuntuVM1 -UserName TestUser


    I tried:



    ehouarn-perret@ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460:/etc/ssh$ pwsh-preview 
    PowerShell 6.1.0-preview.4
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    https://aka.ms/pscore6-docs
    Type 'help' to get help.

    PS /etc/ssh> Invoke-Command -HostName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -UserName ehouarn-perret -ScriptBlock Write-Output Hello
    The authenticity of host 'ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460 (127.0.1.1)' can't be established.
    ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:woPvPaavotuV4g4K3fYXKXi78usIrboXm8+FIaJncOc.
    Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
    Warning: Permanently added 'ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
    ehouarn-perret@ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460's password:
    Hello
    PS /etc/ssh>


    Seems it works like a charm, my bad!






    share|improve this answer

























      up vote
      1
      down vote













      As stated by LotPings:




      Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]




      #
      # Linux to Linux
      #
      $session = New-PSSession -HostName UbuntuVM1 -UserName TestUser


      I tried:



      ehouarn-perret@ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460:/etc/ssh$ pwsh-preview 
      PowerShell 6.1.0-preview.4
      Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

      https://aka.ms/pscore6-docs
      Type 'help' to get help.

      PS /etc/ssh> Invoke-Command -HostName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -UserName ehouarn-perret -ScriptBlock Write-Output Hello
      The authenticity of host 'ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460 (127.0.1.1)' can't be established.
      ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:woPvPaavotuV4g4K3fYXKXi78usIrboXm8+FIaJncOc.
      Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
      Warning: Permanently added 'ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
      ehouarn-perret@ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460's password:
      Hello
      PS /etc/ssh>


      Seems it works like a charm, my bad!






      share|improve this answer























        up vote
        1
        down vote










        up vote
        1
        down vote









        As stated by LotPings:




        Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]




        #
        # Linux to Linux
        #
        $session = New-PSSession -HostName UbuntuVM1 -UserName TestUser


        I tried:



        ehouarn-perret@ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460:/etc/ssh$ pwsh-preview 
        PowerShell 6.1.0-preview.4
        Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

        https://aka.ms/pscore6-docs
        Type 'help' to get help.

        PS /etc/ssh> Invoke-Command -HostName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -UserName ehouarn-perret -ScriptBlock Write-Output Hello
        The authenticity of host 'ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460 (127.0.1.1)' can't be established.
        ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:woPvPaavotuV4g4K3fYXKXi78usIrboXm8+FIaJncOc.
        Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
        Warning: Permanently added 'ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
        ehouarn-perret@ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460's password:
        Hello
        PS /etc/ssh>


        Seems it works like a charm, my bad!






        share|improve this answer













        As stated by LotPings:




        Your 2nd link requires to use [-HostName <string>] [-UserName <string>]




        #
        # Linux to Linux
        #
        $session = New-PSSession -HostName UbuntuVM1 -UserName TestUser


        I tried:



        ehouarn-perret@ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460:/etc/ssh$ pwsh-preview 
        PowerShell 6.1.0-preview.4
        Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

        https://aka.ms/pscore6-docs
        Type 'help' to get help.

        PS /etc/ssh> Invoke-Command -HostName ehouarn-perret-ThinkPad-E460 -UserName ehouarn-perret -ScriptBlock Write-Output Hello
        The authenticity of host 'ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460 (127.0.1.1)' can't be established.
        ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:woPvPaavotuV4g4K3fYXKXi78usIrboXm8+FIaJncOc.
        Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
        Warning: Permanently added 'ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
        ehouarn-perret@ehouarn-perret-thinkpad-e460's password:
        Hello
        PS /etc/ssh>


        Seems it works like a charm, my bad!







        share|improve this answer













        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer











        answered 11 hours ago









        Ehouarn Perret

        1417




        1417






















             

            draft saved


            draft discarded


























             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1062259%2fhow-to-make-powershell-core-remoting-work%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest













































































            Popular posts from this blog

            Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

            How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

            Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error