Kubuntu: Show programs only on their workspace

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP


.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;







up vote
1
down vote

favorite












When switching workspaces (Virtual Desktops); is there a way to make programs only show up on their belonging workspace?



By default all programs are visible on the taskbar, even if the program is on a different workspace. If you click the program, it will take you to the workspace it belongs to. I do not want any programs showing up that does not belong to the current workspace I am on.



Help will be very much appreciated.



I am running on Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop.







share|improve this question



























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    When switching workspaces (Virtual Desktops); is there a way to make programs only show up on their belonging workspace?



    By default all programs are visible on the taskbar, even if the program is on a different workspace. If you click the program, it will take you to the workspace it belongs to. I do not want any programs showing up that does not belong to the current workspace I am on.



    Help will be very much appreciated.



    I am running on Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop.







    share|improve this question























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      When switching workspaces (Virtual Desktops); is there a way to make programs only show up on their belonging workspace?



      By default all programs are visible on the taskbar, even if the program is on a different workspace. If you click the program, it will take you to the workspace it belongs to. I do not want any programs showing up that does not belong to the current workspace I am on.



      Help will be very much appreciated.



      I am running on Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop.







      share|improve this question













      When switching workspaces (Virtual Desktops); is there a way to make programs only show up on their belonging workspace?



      By default all programs are visible on the taskbar, even if the program is on a different workspace. If you click the program, it will take you to the workspace it belongs to. I do not want any programs showing up that does not belong to the current workspace I am on.



      Help will be very much appreciated.



      I am running on Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop.









      share|improve this question












      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited 6 hours ago
























      asked 7 hours ago









      Ivan Skodje

      62




      62




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          0
          down vote













          I know how to do this on Ubuntu regular, I guess it's the same on Kubuntu. You can stop apps on different workspaces showing on the dock by enabling the option "Isolate Workspaces" in Dash to Dock extension: screenshot.
          To isolate the apps while using Super + Tab, I used dconf Editor, and enabled the option at /org/gnome/shell/app-switcher/current-workspace-only: screenshot.






          share|improve this answer





















          • I am sorry, but this does not work. I should have elaborated that I am running Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop. That being said, I believe your tips will point me in the right direction. If I find out how, I will make sure to post it here.
            – Ivan Skodje
            7 hours ago











          • Ok, so you have Kubuntu desktop - that means you can't use GNOME extensions. Right.
            – cubetastic
            6 hours ago










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );








           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1062347%2fkubuntu-show-programs-only-on-their-workspace%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          0
          down vote













          I know how to do this on Ubuntu regular, I guess it's the same on Kubuntu. You can stop apps on different workspaces showing on the dock by enabling the option "Isolate Workspaces" in Dash to Dock extension: screenshot.
          To isolate the apps while using Super + Tab, I used dconf Editor, and enabled the option at /org/gnome/shell/app-switcher/current-workspace-only: screenshot.






          share|improve this answer





















          • I am sorry, but this does not work. I should have elaborated that I am running Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop. That being said, I believe your tips will point me in the right direction. If I find out how, I will make sure to post it here.
            – Ivan Skodje
            7 hours ago











          • Ok, so you have Kubuntu desktop - that means you can't use GNOME extensions. Right.
            – cubetastic
            6 hours ago














          up vote
          0
          down vote













          I know how to do this on Ubuntu regular, I guess it's the same on Kubuntu. You can stop apps on different workspaces showing on the dock by enabling the option "Isolate Workspaces" in Dash to Dock extension: screenshot.
          To isolate the apps while using Super + Tab, I used dconf Editor, and enabled the option at /org/gnome/shell/app-switcher/current-workspace-only: screenshot.






          share|improve this answer





















          • I am sorry, but this does not work. I should have elaborated that I am running Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop. That being said, I believe your tips will point me in the right direction. If I find out how, I will make sure to post it here.
            – Ivan Skodje
            7 hours ago











          • Ok, so you have Kubuntu desktop - that means you can't use GNOME extensions. Right.
            – cubetastic
            6 hours ago












          up vote
          0
          down vote










          up vote
          0
          down vote









          I know how to do this on Ubuntu regular, I guess it's the same on Kubuntu. You can stop apps on different workspaces showing on the dock by enabling the option "Isolate Workspaces" in Dash to Dock extension: screenshot.
          To isolate the apps while using Super + Tab, I used dconf Editor, and enabled the option at /org/gnome/shell/app-switcher/current-workspace-only: screenshot.






          share|improve this answer













          I know how to do this on Ubuntu regular, I guess it's the same on Kubuntu. You can stop apps on different workspaces showing on the dock by enabling the option "Isolate Workspaces" in Dash to Dock extension: screenshot.
          To isolate the apps while using Super + Tab, I used dconf Editor, and enabled the option at /org/gnome/shell/app-switcher/current-workspace-only: screenshot.







          share|improve this answer













          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer











          answered 7 hours ago









          cubetastic

          113




          113











          • I am sorry, but this does not work. I should have elaborated that I am running Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop. That being said, I believe your tips will point me in the right direction. If I find out how, I will make sure to post it here.
            – Ivan Skodje
            7 hours ago











          • Ok, so you have Kubuntu desktop - that means you can't use GNOME extensions. Right.
            – cubetastic
            6 hours ago
















          • I am sorry, but this does not work. I should have elaborated that I am running Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop. That being said, I believe your tips will point me in the right direction. If I find out how, I will make sure to post it here.
            – Ivan Skodje
            7 hours ago











          • Ok, so you have Kubuntu desktop - that means you can't use GNOME extensions. Right.
            – cubetastic
            6 hours ago















          I am sorry, but this does not work. I should have elaborated that I am running Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop. That being said, I believe your tips will point me in the right direction. If I find out how, I will make sure to post it here.
          – Ivan Skodje
          7 hours ago





          I am sorry, but this does not work. I should have elaborated that I am running Ubuntu 18.04, with the Kubuntu Desktop. That being said, I believe your tips will point me in the right direction. If I find out how, I will make sure to post it here.
          – Ivan Skodje
          7 hours ago













          Ok, so you have Kubuntu desktop - that means you can't use GNOME extensions. Right.
          – cubetastic
          6 hours ago




          Ok, so you have Kubuntu desktop - that means you can't use GNOME extensions. Right.
          – cubetastic
          6 hours ago












           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


























           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1062347%2fkubuntu-show-programs-only-on-their-workspace%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest













































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

          How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

          Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error