Weak wireless connection in Ubuntu

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have Ubuntu 16.04.4 lts.



My wireless connection is very weak and every time I have to be very close to the wifi to be able to connect on the internet.



Should I type a specific command in the terminal?



My router information:




MAC: F0-84-C9-7D-98-38

WLAN SSID: Wind Wifi 7D9838

S/N:ERDLD3T09861




For the command in terminal : "lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net" , the results are:



01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8136] (rev 07)



Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [103c:81fa]



Kernel driver in use: r8169



Kernel modules: r8169



02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [10ec:b723]



DeviceName: Sanji2



Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [103c:81c1]



Kernel driver in use: rtl8723be



Kernel modules: rtl8723be



05:00.0 Display controller [0380]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Topaz XT [Radeon R7 M260/M265] [1002:6900] (rev ff)










share|improve this question























  • What make and model of computer and include results from terminal for lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net Edit the question to include the info
    – Jeremy31
    Apr 9 at 20:35










  • I wrote the info
    – Deppie3910
    Apr 10 at 9:08














up vote
0
down vote

favorite












I have Ubuntu 16.04.4 lts.



My wireless connection is very weak and every time I have to be very close to the wifi to be able to connect on the internet.



Should I type a specific command in the terminal?



My router information:




MAC: F0-84-C9-7D-98-38

WLAN SSID: Wind Wifi 7D9838

S/N:ERDLD3T09861




For the command in terminal : "lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net" , the results are:



01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8136] (rev 07)



Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [103c:81fa]



Kernel driver in use: r8169



Kernel modules: r8169



02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [10ec:b723]



DeviceName: Sanji2



Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [103c:81c1]



Kernel driver in use: rtl8723be



Kernel modules: rtl8723be



05:00.0 Display controller [0380]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Topaz XT [Radeon R7 M260/M265] [1002:6900] (rev ff)










share|improve this question























  • What make and model of computer and include results from terminal for lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net Edit the question to include the info
    – Jeremy31
    Apr 9 at 20:35










  • I wrote the info
    – Deppie3910
    Apr 10 at 9:08












up vote
0
down vote

favorite









up vote
0
down vote

favorite











I have Ubuntu 16.04.4 lts.



My wireless connection is very weak and every time I have to be very close to the wifi to be able to connect on the internet.



Should I type a specific command in the terminal?



My router information:




MAC: F0-84-C9-7D-98-38

WLAN SSID: Wind Wifi 7D9838

S/N:ERDLD3T09861




For the command in terminal : "lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net" , the results are:



01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8136] (rev 07)



Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [103c:81fa]



Kernel driver in use: r8169



Kernel modules: r8169



02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [10ec:b723]



DeviceName: Sanji2



Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [103c:81c1]



Kernel driver in use: rtl8723be



Kernel modules: rtl8723be



05:00.0 Display controller [0380]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Topaz XT [Radeon R7 M260/M265] [1002:6900] (rev ff)










share|improve this question















I have Ubuntu 16.04.4 lts.



My wireless connection is very weak and every time I have to be very close to the wifi to be able to connect on the internet.



Should I type a specific command in the terminal?



My router information:




MAC: F0-84-C9-7D-98-38

WLAN SSID: Wind Wifi 7D9838

S/N:ERDLD3T09861




For the command in terminal : "lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net" , the results are:



01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8136] (rev 07)



Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller [103c:81fa]



Kernel driver in use: r8169



Kernel modules: r8169



02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [10ec:b723]



DeviceName: Sanji2



Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter [103c:81c1]



Kernel driver in use: rtl8723be



Kernel modules: rtl8723be



05:00.0 Display controller [0380]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Topaz XT [Radeon R7 M260/M265] [1002:6900] (rev ff)







16.04 wireless






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 10 at 9:07

























asked Apr 9 at 16:26









Deppie3910

11




11











  • What make and model of computer and include results from terminal for lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net Edit the question to include the info
    – Jeremy31
    Apr 9 at 20:35










  • I wrote the info
    – Deppie3910
    Apr 10 at 9:08
















  • What make and model of computer and include results from terminal for lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net Edit the question to include the info
    – Jeremy31
    Apr 9 at 20:35










  • I wrote the info
    – Deppie3910
    Apr 10 at 9:08















What make and model of computer and include results from terminal for lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net Edit the question to include the info
– Jeremy31
Apr 9 at 20:35




What make and model of computer and include results from terminal for lspci -nnk | grep -iA3 net Edit the question to include the info
– Jeremy31
Apr 9 at 20:35












I wrote the info
– Deppie3910
Apr 10 at 9:08




I wrote the info
– Deppie3910
Apr 10 at 9:08















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1023390%2fweak-wireless-connection-in-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1023390%2fweak-wireless-connection-in-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error