Ubuntu 17.10.1 stuck at start up, displaying “started WPA supplicant”

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP








up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I' m trying to install ubuntu 17.10.1 on my laptop. The installation was successful, but when I reboot, the system just won' t start. It stuck at "started WPA supplicant" after displaying a few lines of texts, as shown below.This is how it stucks



All inputs recieve no response. Please help.
P.S. The hardware of my laptop: i5 8400 and GTX 1060
P.P.S. I' ve also tried ubuntu 16.04, but it failed to start any graphic interface and I couldn' t have the GPU driver installed anyhow.










share|improve this question





















  • Possibly helpful: My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?
    – wjandrea
    Jun 2 at 17:46















up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I' m trying to install ubuntu 17.10.1 on my laptop. The installation was successful, but when I reboot, the system just won' t start. It stuck at "started WPA supplicant" after displaying a few lines of texts, as shown below.This is how it stucks



All inputs recieve no response. Please help.
P.S. The hardware of my laptop: i5 8400 and GTX 1060
P.P.S. I' ve also tried ubuntu 16.04, but it failed to start any graphic interface and I couldn' t have the GPU driver installed anyhow.










share|improve this question





















  • Possibly helpful: My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?
    – wjandrea
    Jun 2 at 17:46













up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I' m trying to install ubuntu 17.10.1 on my laptop. The installation was successful, but when I reboot, the system just won' t start. It stuck at "started WPA supplicant" after displaying a few lines of texts, as shown below.This is how it stucks



All inputs recieve no response. Please help.
P.S. The hardware of my laptop: i5 8400 and GTX 1060
P.P.S. I' ve also tried ubuntu 16.04, but it failed to start any graphic interface and I couldn' t have the GPU driver installed anyhow.










share|improve this question













I' m trying to install ubuntu 17.10.1 on my laptop. The installation was successful, but when I reboot, the system just won' t start. It stuck at "started WPA supplicant" after displaying a few lines of texts, as shown below.This is how it stucks



All inputs recieve no response. Please help.
P.S. The hardware of my laptop: i5 8400 and GTX 1060
P.P.S. I' ve also tried ubuntu 16.04, but it failed to start any graphic interface and I couldn' t have the GPU driver installed anyhow.







17.10 startup






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Apr 8 at 11:20









Kyle

63




63











  • Possibly helpful: My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?
    – wjandrea
    Jun 2 at 17:46

















  • Possibly helpful: My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?
    – wjandrea
    Jun 2 at 17:46
















Possibly helpful: My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?
– wjandrea
Jun 2 at 17:46





Possibly helpful: My computer boots to a black screen, what options do I have to fix it?
– wjandrea
Jun 2 at 17:46
















active

oldest

votes











Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1023051%2fubuntu-17-10-1-stuck-at-start-up-displaying-started-wpa-supplicant%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest



































active

oldest

votes













active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1023051%2fubuntu-17-10-1-stuck-at-start-up-displaying-started-wpa-supplicant%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest













































































Popular posts from this blog

Which professions warranted travel in Medieval times?

How do so many people here on Academia.SE, and in general, afford lavish higher education programs?

Trouble downloading packages list due to a “Hash sum mismatch” error